Shutdown Fallout Effects....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Timmy, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,904
    Well then he'll have to deal with it, but I don't think the Democrats can play chicken that long. They will cave before then. This shutdown is going to hurt them more than Trump.

2. basquebromance

basquebromance Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,510
    Of all the statements a President could make that might inspire confidence, this is not one of them: “there’s almost nobody in the W.H. but me”

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,904
    No problem. The sheep are hand fed, so they believe anything they're told. However the reality is not only do walls work well, sometimes they virtually eliminate the problem. Given the fact we have 20 million illegals in this country, I'd hate to see it 40 million in ten years from now which is the direction we're heading without a wall.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,904
    Yes you can, it depends on the circumstance and what deals you have with the government.

I explained this earlier (or perhaps another thread) that I had a late friend that worked at the steel mills. When he got laid off, he received 90% of his pay, plus he was allowed to go on unemployment. He nearly doubled his income every time he got laid off. So what it boils down to is what kind of dirty deal the unions (or government in this case) made with the unemployment bureau.

5. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,652
    Weird, unless introductory or promotional rate, no credit card gives you 0%.

However, if you pay your balance in full every month, you will pay no interest.

6. basquebromance

basquebromance Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,510
    America's youngest black legislator says he's "pro-life, pro-God, and pro-wall"

black people want the wall, my friends!

7. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,904
    Everybody on the left thinks this is a one-way street. Trump this.......Trump that........Trump the other thing...... Well what about the Democrats? We're talking 5.6 billion dollars here. It's not like Trump is asking for them to return the House back to Republicans. It takes two to Tango.

The thing is this money or wall doesn't mean that much to Democrat voters. It does to Republican voters. If they decided to let Trump have the wall, they won't lose very many votes if any. However if Trump doesn't take a hard stance on this agenda, not only will he likely not be reelected, it will bring more harm to the party as well.

So what you on the left are suggesting is that Trump give into the Democrats, or these government workers are in big trouble. So the solution is to create policy based on how to keep government workers on the job. What kind of country would we have then??????

8. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,742
    3 weeks in to the shutdown.............hasn't affected me one bit.

:abgg2q.jpg:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Timmy

Timmy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,057
    Where do you get that ? Why would u destroy fenses you have ?

Here’s my analogy. You can defend the country with a strong navy . But you are better off using some of that navy money on the Air Force and Army . Combined that’s better than JUST Having a navy .

10. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,742
    Cost of the Government Shutdown? Billions and Rising. It's Cheaper To Keep the Government Running

The partial government shutdown comes with a high price: in the billions, maybe tens of billions of dollars so far, and increasing in scale daily. It costs more to shutter the government than to keep it open, so long as accumulated bills and deferred salaries are eventually paid as they have following all previous temporary closures. And the lack of spending drags down the country’s economy, especially in communities with government workers or those near national parks.

Standard and Poor’s estimated in 2017 that a full government shutdown would cost the U.S. economy about $6.5 billion a week. This partial shutdown affects only about a quarter of government spending, a little under half of all federal employees (about 800,000), and some significant agencies, such as the IRS and Homeland Security. In departments without current funding, about 425,000 employees are required to report to work without pay.

• Informative Informative x 1