Shut Off at Applebee's

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

More of the Nanny State mentality at work I guess

Seems like a reasonable policy

They don't want to deal with drunks

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

Applebees' are only "bars" in the loosest sense of the word. It's more of a chain store liability thing than a nanny state thing.

WTF

Applebees' are only "bars" in the loosest sense of the word. It's more of a chain store liability thing than a nanny state thing.

I agree

Applebees does not want to appeal to the shot and a beer crowd. They want you to come in and order a drink and an appetizer or light meal

Three drinks and you are sober
Four and beyond and you are starting to get to the point where you can become a problem. They don't want the liability or the problems in dealing with drunks

WTF

I agree

Applebees does not want to appeal to the shot and a beer crowd. They want you to come in and order a drink and an appetizer or light meal

Three drinks and you are sober
Four and beyond and you are starting to get to the point where you can become a problem. They don't want the liability or the problems in dealing with drunks

I know plenty of people who are nowhere near sober after 3 drinks. of course the place probably serves drinks that are weaker than mouthwash.

WTF

It is not nanny state rules as much as Corporate policy... You could have order some type of appetizer and they might have kept the booze flowing... Also who the hell goes and drinks at Applebee's which is owned by the same company that own IHOP!?!

I understand they were close but it would have been cheaper to get a bottle of your best booze from the booze barn nearby than waste the money you wasted at Applebee's...

WTF

It is not nanny state rules as much as Corporate policy... You could have order some type of appetizer and they might have kept the booze flowing... Also who the hell goes and drinks at Applebee's which is owned by the same company that own IHOP!?!

I understand they were close but it would have been cheaper to get a bottle of your best booze from the booze barn nearby than waste the money you wasted at Applebee's...
I agree. Eat supper then go to the liquor store and buy a bottle of Crown Royal.

The wife and I went down to the Kemah Boardwalk to grab some lunch.
I ordered a bloody mary and a beer and the waitress said they're not allowed to serve two drinks to one person at the same time.
I told her I just wanted the beer so I could pour it into the bloody mary so really it was going to be one drink in the end.
They refused and we left.

I got one of those places walking distance. Always order some food, even fries or some other appetizer.

Applebees positions itself for the Happy Hour after work crowd

They do not have a bouncer on site to take care of out of control drunks. A three drink cut-off will help to keep that down

Applebees positions itself for the Happy Hour after work crowd

They do not have a bouncer on site to take care of out of control drunks. A three drink cut-off will help to keep that down

And I repeat I was not drunk so why should I be told I can't have a drink because of what someone else might do?

WTF

Sometimes I just like to sit at a bar. I'm not so hard up for cash that I have to nickel and dime everything

WTF

Sometimes I just like to sit at a bar. I'm not so hard up for cash that I have to nickel and dime everything

What does hard up for cash have to do with wasting the money!?!

If you took my response as being hard up for money then that is on you mate because I don't believe in wasting money on overpriced drinks at some eating establishment that is not a real bar...

Forum List

Back