Shouldn't the GOP be genuinely worried about 2012?

:lol:

The basic premise of the OP is that only Romney could possibly defeat President Obama.

Utterly comical.

Such undiluted bullshit. :lol:

President Obama couldn't win re-election even if the GOP picked an imbecile like TDM to run against him.

Billy Nothing's post is a nominee for dumbass laugh of the day!

:clap2:

You apparently do not know much about the race thus far. Like him or not, Obama has a solid chance of getting re-elected.

Come on, is there not a forum on the Internet that can maintain maturity in its members? We are talking about adult stuff, so act like one.

A solid chance based on what? His record? His brilliant vision for the future? His ability to play the race card? What is it you think Obama has going for him?

It isn't true that the incumbent normally has a big lead at this point in the race. At this point in the race -- one year away -- the challenger normally polls about 5-10 points better against the incumbent than he will on election day, because the incumbent hasn't started campaigning yet.

Where you expect the incumbent to have a lead and the race to tighten from is after Labor Day election year, after both nominations have happened. From here, Obama tying Romney is very bad news for Romney.

Incumbents with right track/wrong track numbers as low as Obama usually lose.
Incumbents with 9% unemployment usually lose.

In truth, the only viable candidate is Romney, so if he doesn't win the primary, the GOP might as well throw in the towel because the rest of them suck.

Romney is pretty evenly matched with Obama right now in the polls. However, they are tied despite a sluggish economy. That says a lot about Obama. I think he is bound to only gain momentum from here on out. Afterall, the economy is actually improving a smidge. It just needs to remain consistent until 2012 (not very likely).

Sex scandal or no sex scandal, Cain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. His only solution to growing the economy is his 999 plan which would raise takes on 87% of the population. It would hardly be a cure-all.
Not only does he not have any experience in foreign policy, he knows nothing about it. He's demonstrated that several times in the debates.

I'm not sure about Newt's policies. I don't think it matters, though. He isn't going to win the Primary. It will likely be Romney.
Newt has been pulling himself up in the debates.

Politics have gotten tough these days, and the press had made it clear the sole and only qualification they will accept is the ability to scorch the earth in debate.

There is a brutal battle going on in the land, free enterprise v marxism, and those expecting the presidency to be a pampered pal existence are in for a rude awakening. If anyone has the clout and wherewithal to intimidate today's dirty press, it's Newt Gingrich. There might be a 4-year opening for someone who can counter brutalize the asinine press and send their sorry heineys to the corner.

Well, the press might insist on scorched-earth tactics, but judging by Newt's steadily increasing poll numbers, the VOTERS are insisting on the opposite. It may be exciting and fun to watch candidates ripping into each other (although it doesn't appeal to me), but at the ballot box, I want someone who can conduct himself like a mature statesman.

The basic premise of the OP is that only Romney could possibly defeat President Obama.

Utterly comical.

President Obama couldn't win re-election even if the GOP picked an imbecile like TDM to run against him.

I'm sorry, but if TDM were running I would be voting for Obama.

Immie

Not me. Of course I could never vote for an idiot like TDM, either.

That would be the time to waste a vote on a Third Party Candidate.

Even fucking Ron Paul looks like Presidential timber compared to those two jack-offs.

Utterly comical.

You apparently do not know much about the race thus far. Like him or not, Obama has a solid chance of getting re-elected.

:lol::lol:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stop it! yer killin' me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Come on, is there not a forum on the Internet that can maintain maturity in its members? We are talking about adult stuff, so act like one.

:cuckoo:

Yeah. That's IT! President Obama CAN win!

Newt Gingrich is really the best. He's the most intelligent, is the best speaker, is the most expienced and would reduce obama to blithering in debates. He has a lot of personal baggage. It could be that republicans are ready to dismiss personal baggage as trivial in exchange for what is truly the best candidate.

Well, it IS pretty trivial. He's been married three times. Yeah, and? Apparently, as each of his first two marriages was coming to an end, he got involved with the woman he subsequently married. Not behavior I condone, but sadly, all too common these days. As I keep saying, we're neither dating him nor electing him deacon of the local church. So yeah, I really don't care.

As for past policy decisions he's made that people don't like, everyone's wrong once in a while. Hell, Reagan used to be a DEMOCRAT. I'm not looking for lifelong perfection; just the ability to learn from mistakes and improve over time.

Or, I suck but my opponent is a perv, or a womanizer, or isn't a real christian. :eusa_whistle:

Well what else do they have? They have got to get Cain out of this race. The longer he stays in the less liberals can use "white guilt" and racism to manipulate the vote. David Axelrod is absolutely notorious for using sex scandals to bully opposition out of Obama's way. He did it several times when Obama was running for the Senate and city-council (if I am not mistaken).

I predict that as more comes out on this it will eventually lead back to Axelrod and the Illinois Restaurant Association.

David Axelrod was successful in forcing an obama opponent out of a senate race for propositioning his own wife!

He also forced Obama's opponent in the primaries of that same race out by calling him a wife-beater.

Utterly comical.

A solid chance based on what? His record? His brilliant vision for the future? His ability to play the race card? What is it you think Obama has going for him?

You have a point. And it flew over Billy Nothing's head.

Shouldn't the GOP be genuinely worried about 2012?
As long as they got their banker funded buddy BHO in, What's the rush? Can't we just have some fun with Perry gaffes and Cain trysts?

In truth, the only viable candidate is Romney, so if he doesn't win the primary, the GOP might as well throw in the towel because the rest of them suck.

Romney is pretty evenly matched with Obama right now in the polls. However, they are tied despite a sluggish economy. That says a lot about Obama. I think he is bound to only gain momentum from here on out. Afterall, the economy is actually improving a smidge. It just needs to remain consistent until 2012 (not very likely).

Sex scandal or no sex scandal, Cain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. His only solution to growing the economy is his 999 plan which would raise takes on 87% of the population. It would hardly be a cure-all.
Not only does he not have any experience in foreign policy, he knows nothing about it. He's demonstrated that several times in the debates.

I'm not sure about Newt's policies. I don't think it matters, though. He isn't going to win the Primary. It will likely be Romney.

9% unemployment.....buh-bye Obama.

that would certainly be true for sure....

IF the public actually blamed him for where we are. But they don't. They blame congress.... which is why congressional job approval is barely above 10%.

given the unemployment level, the president's approval rating is pretty high.

and just as a reminder, when reagan was re-elected, unemployment was very high, too.

no matter what that circumstance is, you STILL have to have a decent candidate and can't just nominate one of the nutbars

When Reagan was re-elected, unemployment was down to 7.5% and trending lower.

Obama's approval rating is under 50%.

He's been President for almost 3 years now, the economy is his.

I don't suppose it dawns on you dumbass liberals that the very fact that Romney is acceptable to you is what makes him completely unelectable. Romney may be Obama's only chance.

Just a second Ben...let's put this into perspective. Now the nation is pretty evenly split. Roughly 1/3rd are democrats, 1/3rd are Republicans, and 1/3rd are Independents. Now if I want to elect a Republican I can immediately kiss 1/3rd of the electorate goodbye because they are Democrats and won't vote for my candidate regardless of what he says or does. So your strategy is to nominate someone that only the Republicans can stomach securing me 1/3rd of the electorate, yet someone the Independents would love to track down with torches and pitchforks. That means we have secured 1/3rd and pissed away 2/3rds.

Well that's fucking brilliant Ben! Why didn't any of us ever think of that? I swear to God, the next time I am in a situation where there's going to be a vote on something I want done, you're the man I am going to call. We will identify everyone that is on the fence and you can go kick them in the balls and tell them "hey, that's from Scott. he would appreciate your vote".

the idea that 100% of independents would hate a conservative candidate is kinda overblown. We have one chance and one chance only to elect a conservative instead of milquetoast, all we need is the balls to do it.

I don't suppose it dawns on you dumbass liberals that the very fact that Romney is acceptable to you is what makes him completely unelectable. Romney may be Obama's only chance.

Just a second Ben...let's put this into perspective. Now the nation is pretty evenly split. Roughly 1/3rd are democrats, 1/3rd are Republicans, and 1/3rd are Independents. Now if I want to elect a Republican I can immediately kiss 1/3rd of the electorate goodbye because they are Democrats and won't vote for my candidate regardless of what he says or does. So your strategy is to nominate someone that only the Republicans can stomach securing me 1/3rd of the electorate, yet someone the Independents would love to track down with torches and pitchforks. That means we have secured 1/3rd and pissed away 2/3rds.

Well that's fucking brilliant Ben! Why didn't any of us ever think of that? I swear to God, the next time I am in a situation where there's going to be a vote on something I want done, you're the man I am going to call. We will identify everyone that is on the fence and you can go kick them in the balls and tell them "hey, that's from Scott. he would appreciate your vote".

the idea that 100% of independents would hate a conservative candidate is kinda overblown. We have one chance and one chance only to elect a conservative instead of milquetoast, all we need is the balls to do it.

Except none of what the Party of the Dark Side is putting out there are conservatives. They're a bunch of clowns. And terrible ones at that.

Except none of what the Party of the Dark Side is putting out there are conservatives. They're a bunch of clowns. And terrible ones at that.
yeah because ballancing the budget, cutting government, and reforming entitlements is so liberal.

what a fucking nut job.

yeah because ballancing the budget, cutting government, and reforming entitlements is so liberal.

what a fucking nut job.

Who's balancing the budget? Who is making intelligent budget cuts? And if you call keeping the Bush tax cuts reforming entitlements, you're dumber than Michele Bachmann.

And to answer the question of the OP, I think the GOP should be concerned about this election. The last person in the world (excluding TDM) I want sitting in the Oval Office in 2013 is Barack Obama, but, I fear this "we can't lose" attitude that so many on the right are displaying.

I'm afraid that they can lose. I'm afraid that the GOP is doing its damnedest to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

It's too damned early to claim victory. If I am not mistaken, some of the rightwingers on here were certain McCain would win in 2008... absolutely certain and he lost. And now, the "right" is set to nominate Romney so that it really doesn't matter if Obama wins or not, we get more of the same old shit.

Immie

This is the biggest flaw in republican strategy, they are certain that they will win by just doubling down with the scare tactics, and that the republican nominee is a certain winner. Hubris embodied.

Republicans don't need scare tactics, they just have to point to the economy.

Obama's vague Hopey Changey campaign from 2008 can't be repeated.

He has to run on his (horrible) record. Buh-bye.

Unfortunately where you may be wrong is that there are too many people out there that listen to the bullshit that it is ALL Bush's fault and, worse yet, they believe it. They will vote for Obama no matter what.

Immie

The only chance democrats have of pulling obama's fat out of the fire is to portray all the republicans as even more unfit than he is. The media machine and David Axelrod's astroturf company will be in full bore.

Utterly comical.

What does he have going for him? First and foremost an American public that doesn't pay attention except for in the last few weeks of a campaign. An American public that will believe him when he tells them that what we went through over the last three years was all the Republican's fault but that unemployment dropped from 9.1% to 9% last month (at election time) and that is proof that he is succeeding. An American public that will believe him when he says, "Hope and Change are on the way".

Immie

what a fucking nut job.

Who's balancing the budget? Who is making intelligent budget cuts? And if you call keeping the Bush tax cuts reforming entitlements, you're dumber than Michele Bachmann.
It sure as Hell isn't Obama and his Statist minions in the Congress (Reid, Pelosi, and others)...and what of his 'jobs bill'? It's a 1/2 trillion tax increase that they don't intend to pass and never did. It's a tool to try to use against Republicans to convince the unwashed dopes as you that they are virtuous and everyine else that IS (witness mounds of legislation from the House Dingy Harry Reid refuses to act upon), trying to get a handle on the situation are the devil incarnate.

Romney is unelectable.

Romney has lost nearly every election he's ever run in.

I do think we are in an interesting point, where you have an incumbant president who by most laws of political science should have no chance of re-election (Approval rate of 40%, Unemployment at 9%, etc.) running well ahead of a GOP pack of nobodies and losers.

I don't think Cain will be the nominee. I think he represents a tantrum by the TEA Party and Evangelicals not liking the Establishment imposing the Weird Mormon Robot on them after they rejected him four years ago.

I think that support will form around either Perry or Newt.

What is interesting is despite the cooing praise of the Mainstream Media, Romney has not really improved his standing all that much. He's still mired at 25% or below in most polls.

But regardless of who the nominee is, Obama's worst enemy will still be Obama. Either a majority will approve of the job he's doing in which case he'll win, or they won't, in which case he'll lose.

Forum List

Back