Bachmann says free speech is ignorant and disrespectful

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Story here

I'm wondering how many votes she thinks she gained with this. The thing I think about is the contrast between the way she's handled this and the way Cheney handled this kind of thing several years ago when he was interrupted by protesters while speaking to Congress. Cheney's response was to point out that what was great about America is that we have the freedom to say what we want. On the other hand, Bachmann tacitly implies that people should not engage in exercising their freedom of speech, and seems scornful for it. Cheney at least respected it, even though I'm sure he wasn't happy over the incident. I guess it's just another piece of the bat-shit crazy Bachmann puzzle.

More proof that you're the liberal hack you deny. She didn't say what your thread title said. She called the people ignorant and disrespectful for interrupting her speech......not that free speech was.

Preventing someone from talking is not free speech. It is fascism of the worst sort. You get to have your say, I get to have mine. You putting a gag in my throat is not free speech.

She didn't actually say that free speech is ignorant and disrespectful at all. The OP is a lying hack. IntheMiddle... InTheIdiotZone is more accurate.

Did she call the TP people who screamed all through town hall meetings so no one could talk to their rep the same names?

More proof that you're the liberal hack you deny. She didn't say what your thread title said. She called the people ignorant and disrespectful for interrupting her speech......not that free speech was.

I don't think InTheMiddle has found the middle yet... s/he is still blinding wandering around on the left.

well no one will admitt she thought those interupters were just great huh?

Tea Party people kept the people from being able to discuss the healthcare bill with their reps by screaming their heads off.

That was OK though huh?

They were disrespectful in interrupting her speaking. I don't blame her. All they were there for was to disrupt and try to squelch her.

So she's correct.

Get it ACE?

I love it... you fuckers can say anything you want, however you want.. and when people who don't agree with you complain, you say.... "Freedom of speech... Marxist asshole".

But when "Princess Michelle" sings the blues about other people doing the same damned thing... and ot to mention having a much more accurate and truthful message, you guys come to here rescue.

Fuckin' hypocrites.

Free speech is being able to shout down anyone who opposes the leftist view. Ask Ann Coulter.

If I were Bachmann, I would have asked the people in the audience to join me in shouting the protesters down until they left. Just out scream them, and see how much they really like free speech.

OMG...

On the other hand, Bachmann tacitly implies that people should not engage in exercising their freedom of speech, and seems scornful for it. Cheney at least respected it, even though I'm sure he wasn't happy over the incident. I guess it's just another piece of the bat-shit crazy Bachmann puzzle

I'd be embarrassed to post such CRAP

Beyond Beltway, Health Debate Turns Hostile - NYTimes.com

There is no dispute, however, that most of the shouting and mocking is from opponents of those plans. Many of those opponents have been encouraged to attend by conservative commentators and Web sites.

“Become a part of the mob!” said a banner posted Friday on the Web site of the talk show host Sean Hannity. “Attend an Obama Care Townhall near you!” The exhortations do not advocate violence, but some urge opponents to be disruptive.

“Pack the hall,” said a strategy memo circulated by the Web site Tea Party Patriots that instructed, “Yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”

yours orders came right from the koch brothers and your team screamed their heads of on orders

spinnnnnnnnnnnn, cuz bitch when people interrupt me like that I throw haymakers and go in on their outfit, their shoes, and a whole slew of gap-tooth payless jokes. Kharma is a bitch and if you don't want to be called names, don't be rude when someone is speaking.

So you think a group of people preventing michelle bachmann from speaking is free speech?

When you are trying to keep others from speaking, you are not engaged in free speech. You are suppressing it.

Is our Republic so fallen that we don't understand this?

In the summer of 09 they were cheering this shit because it was on their side

All you cons just keep ignoring that your side did it and you thought is was great at the time.

This is why you will never win the debate in the end.

You have no real morals

Forum List

Back