shouldnt health care be free to all of us

A

alan1234567890

i think we should have everyone covered by healthcare. people say it cant be done what do you think.

why do you think that if you have bad health you have a bad life

Originally posted by alan1234567890
why do you think that if you have bad health you have a bad life

That's certainly true, but it doesn't address the issue. How is my healthcare the Federal Government's problem?

Remember- a government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have.

i think we should have everyone covered by healthcare. people say it cant be done what do you think.

I think life should be perfect.

Originally posted by musicman
That's certainly true, but it doesn't address the issue. How is my healthcare the Federal Government's problem?

Remember- a government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have.

::cough::cough::communism::cough::cough:: Sorry had something nasty in my throat.

how is that communism please enlighten me

im looking for healthcare like what is alread in place in hawii. everybody is insuered yes things cost more in hawii but this works and its not communism. health care should be a right

im looking for healthcare like what is alread in place in hawii. everybody is insuered yes things cost more in hawii but this works and its not communism. health care should be a right

Why?

...... health care should be a right

I should have a right to a job, not freeze to death in the winter because I can't afford utilities, to not live on the streets, be poor, not have my feelings hurt. Where does it stop?

As far as I'm concerned, no one has a right to anything in this country except life and liberty. The worst thing that ever happened to this country has been welfare and other social services.

I will work to change the entitlement society every single day of my life.

Originally posted by Moi
As far as I'm concerned, no one has a right to anything in this country except life and liberty. The worst thing that ever happened to this country has been welfare and other social services.

I will work to change the entitlement society every single day of my life.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Move to Germany. I DO see you as ONE case that we should improve our education system. Your spelling, Grammar and sentence structure SUCK.

...As a member of the healthcare profession, I have all to often been confronted with folks who are regularly faced with choosing between lifesaving medications and food.

The uninsured in this country use ER's as their primary healthcare provider, and thus show up sicker than they would if they had access to a primary care physician. This, in turn, drives up the overall cost of healthcare for those uf us who are insured. This is reflected in higher copays, increased employer premiums, and often the loss of employer provided health plans. We find ourselves, then, caught up in a vicious cycle of more and more uninsured and underinsured. And lets not forget the added administrative costs of dealing with a multitude of healthcare providers, which cuts into the funds available to pay for patient care staff.

Single payor healthcare is not a luxury, it is a neccesity.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
.......Single payor healthcare is not a luxury, it is a neccesity.

My husband, (at the time) was self-employed. I felt insurance poor. Business, liability, health, life, tools, on & on & on. Even before that he worked for a small company, so we always paid for our health insurance. Always griped my ass when someone bitched about their high co-pay.

Then, I was in an auto accident, not my fault. My health insurance dropped me, when they got wind of this, even before I contacted them. I ended up with 6 surgeries as a result of the accident. Had to take out a second mortgage to pay all the medical costs. Talk about a strain on family life. One week less of being a full 5 years, my case went before an arbitrator & I did get the rest of my medical bills paid by the other insurance company. But the money that MY CAR insurance had paid, had to be paid back. What good were they?

So please ...........

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
...As a member of the healthcare profession, I have all to often been confronted with folks who are regularly faced with choosing between lifesaving medications and food.

The uninsured in this country use ER's as their primary healthcare provider, and thus show up sicker than they would if they had access to a primary care physician. This, in turn, drives up the overall cost of healthcare for those uf us who are insured. This is reflected in higher copays, increased employer premiums, and often the loss of employer provided health plans. We find ourselves, then, caught up in a vicious cycle of more and more uninsured and underinsured. And lets not forget the added administrative costs of dealing with a multitude of healthcare providers, which cuts into the funds available to pay for patient care staff.

Single payor healthcare is not a luxury, it is a neccesity.
The simple solution to the high cost of health care is not to have it paid for by the federal government. That's not free, it costs money- money taken from those who work to support those who don't.

The solution is to forbid people from using emergency rooms for non-emergencies (i.e., those without insurance having a kid with a cold), require that people stop smoking, drinking to excess, eat properly & exercise and otherwise live a healthy life, eliminate lawsuits in their entirety unless a physician or other healthcare worker deliberately harms someone.

That, and only that, will REDUCE the cost of health care. Just flipping the switch from individual getting their costs paid (even with the assistance of insurance) to the federal/state governments paying for it does nothing to reduce the costs.

Originally posted by Moi
The simple solution to the high cost of health care is not to have it paid for by the federal government. That's not free, it costs money- money taken from those who work to support those who don't.

The solution is to forbid people from using emergency rooms for non-emergencies (i.e., those without insurance having a kid with a cold), require that people stop smoking, drinking to excess, eat properly & exercise and otherwise live a healthy life, eliminate lawsuits in their entirety unless a physician or other healthcare worker deliberately harms someone.

That, and only that, will REDUCE the cost of health care. Just flipping the switch from individual getting their costs paid (even with the assistance of insurance) to the federal/state governments paying for it does nothing to reduce the costs.

But doesn't that result in an intrusive, overbearing and, might I even say, paternalistic government? That's not something conservatives are going to buy into. It may delight liberals, but it is not a solution, at least not until we have a rational society...Which is a loooooong way off.

Forum List

Back