Should we torture this terrorist?

LOL how terrorizing does someone have to be to qualify as a terrorist??

If individual(s) in question are terrorizing enough to scare at least a plurality of the people into voting for you, backing your positions, or not rising up and throwing you out of office by your short hairs no matter how dumb your ideas are, the individual(s) in question is/are terrorist(s).

Of course we should torture those guys.

A steady diet of sugar cookies, but WITHOUT milk.

Don't tell me that's not cruel and unusual punishment.

LOL how terrorizing does someone have to be to qualify as a terrorist??

at least a little bit I suppose.

So murdering an abortion doctor in cold blood in front of a church full of people doesn't terrorize everyone else who performs abortions? The jackass even said it will happen again.

Not if he's acting alone and is aprehended. Which seems to be the case.

Sure, there have been what eight murders of this type? And yes, he is a terrorist as his goal is to terrorize both doctors and women. And the US, since the US allows abortion.

What would keep you from classifying him as a terrorist?

yep,, go ahead,, that's your right.. don't forget the convert to muslim that drove bye and shot two of your soldierss.. please! he's no different. went to Yemen even to train.. now there's you a terrorist.
Here we have Willow, once again too cowardly to answer a question.

:eek: you asked me if you should and I said go ahead,, right???

WICHITA, Kan. -- The man charged with murdering a high-profile abortion doctor claimed from his jail cell Sunday that similar violence was planned around the nation for as long as the procedure remained legal, a threat that comes days after a federal investigation launched into his possible accomplices.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/07/AR2009060701207.html
:eusa_eh:

We are unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available

WICHITA, Kan. -- The man charged with murdering a high-profile abortion doctor claimed from his jail cell Sunday that similar violence was planned around the nation for as long as the procedure remained legal, a threat that comes days after a federal investigation launched into his possible accomplices.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/07/AR2009060701207.html
:eusa_eh:

We are unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available
They must have moved it.

Try this one.
washingtonpost.com

Not if he's acting alone and is aprehended. Which seems to be the case.

that "seemed to be the case" with mcveigh too, eh?

Is there a point in there somewhere?

absolutely. The point is that we also thought Tim Mcveigh acted alone but that didn't turn out to be the case, did it? Tiller's killer is TELLING you that he knows of more potential killings and it's a fucking joke that we don't see the Jack Bauer types in here calling for their 24 hypothetical to be put to the test. Then again, it's probably not lost on anyone that those are exactly the same people who, by and large, oppose abortions and are secretly glad their new martyr acted where they themselves would not. Hence, no action calling forth to protect more Americans, excuse me "abortionists", by testing the rhetorical bullshit we've been hearing since day gitmo fucking one.

I'll ask you again, WHO is not being terrorized here? Abortion providers?

that "seemed to be the case" with mcveigh too, eh?

absolutely. The point is that we also thought Tim Mcveigh acted alone but that didn't turn out to be the case, did it? Tiller's killer is TELLING you that he knows of more potential killings and it's a fucking joke that we don't see the Jack Bauer types in here calling for their 24 hypothetical to be put to the test. Then again, it's probably not lost on anyone that those are exactly the same people who, by and large, oppose abortions and are secretly glad their new martyr acted where they themselves would not. Hence, no action calling forth to protect more Americans, excuse me "abortionists", by testing the rhetorical bullshit we've been hearing since day gitmo fucking one.

If the authorities are convinced that his threats are credible, then he should be interrogated just like any al qaeda suspect. Heck, I wouldn't care if they did so even if they know he's full of shit. But for now all the evidence suggests he did this on his own. If at some point that turns out not to be the case, then he and whatever group he's working with qualify as a terrorists. Until then, he's just a fucking crazy murderer.

If it is strongly believed that he has information of impending attacks on innocent citizens, then they should do what they must in order to save them. This guy would likely break down without a whole lotta hoopla.

If the authorities are convinced that his threats are credible, then he should be interrogated just like any al qaeda suspect. Heck, I wouldn't care if they did so even if they know he's full of shit. But for now all the evidence suggests he did this on his own. If at some point that turns out not to be the case, then he and whatever group he's working with qualify as a terrorists. Until then, he's just a fucking crazy murderer.

uh, so the nomenclature of Terrorists depends on how many are signed up with the group? Sure, he's a murderer. But his own motivation and method brand him a terrorist. If this man was arab and murdered a jew he'd be under water by now. Girl, you know it's true.

uh, so the nomenclature of Terrorists depends on how many are signed up with the group? Sure, he's a murderer. But his own motivation and method brand him a terrorist. If this man was arab and murdered a jew he'd be under water by now. Girl, you know it's true.

By your definition, we need not bother with a terrorist distinction at all. Heck, an armed bank robber is no doubt terrorizing to the people who work at banks. So I guess we can go ahead and label them terrorists too.

By your definition, we need not bother with a terrorist distinction at all. Heck, an armed bank robber is no doubt terrorizing to the people who work at banks. So I guess we can go ahead and label them terrorists too.

Is the motivation of a bank robber to terrorize bank customers from using banks OR TO GET MONEY FROM A LOCATION THAT HAS LOTS OF IT?

try again, toots.

Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])

Is the motivation of a bank robber to terrorize bank customers from using banks OR TO GET MONEY FROM A LOCATION THAT HAS LOTS OF IT?

try again, toots.

So terrorism = hate crime. got it.:doubt:

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])
Seems pretty clear to me, he's a terrorist.

try again, toots.

So terrorism = hate crime. got it.:doubt:

Are you pulling a Ravi, dude? When did I suggest it was a hate crime? Seriously, why won't you elaborate on the motivation of YOUR hypothetical? Is a bank robber out trying to keep people from using a bank or are they robbing a location that has a lot of money? But, speaking of HATE CRIME.. tell me.. do you think Bank Robbers HATE banks or their customers like the killer of Tiller DID hate Tiller and his clients?

oh.. I see why you pulled a Ravir... duh.

Seems pretty clear to me, he's a terrorist.

Ok. I concede. He qualifies.

But I still say it cheapens the meaning of the term to place every crackpot like this guy in the same league with al qaeda. And it's also a little dangerous from a civil rights standpoint when one considers what the Patriot Act allows for where terrorist suspects are concerned.

Forum List

Back