Should we torture this terrorist?

Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])
Seems pretty clear to me, he's a terrorist.

Ok. I concede. He qualifies.

But I still say it cheapens the meaning of the term to place every crackpot like this guy in the same league with al qaeda. And it's also a little dangerous from a civil rights standpoint when one considers what the Patriot Act allows for where terrorist suspects are concerned.
You don't say.

Oh wait, you're right soggy, this wasn't a hate crime. But only because hate crime laws don't recognize abortion practitioners and recipients as a protected group. :lol:

Oh wait, you're right soggy, this wasn't a hate crime. But only because hate crime laws don't recognize abortion practitioners and recipients as a protected group. :lol:

Again, I see you duck and dodge the fine points of your own hypothetical. It's funny to watch you pull a Ravi after all those occasions in which you feel the urge to make fun of her posting abilities.

:thup:

Again, I see you duck and dodge the fine points of your own hypothetical. It's funny to watch you pull a Ravi after all those occasions in which you feel the urge to make fun of her posting abilities.

:thup:

:lol:

What part of you're right don't you understand? :cuckoo:

I can read your sarcasm like a neon light flashing in the middle of the night, dude. This is why I'm the master and you are the student.

I can read your sarcasm like a neon light flashing in the middle of the night, dude. This is why I'm the master and you are the student.

You are a master of something, of that I have no doubt. And I am indeed a manifold student. However, in my defense I didn't really abort the discussion at hand, I merely half-aborted it. :cool:

no, he shouldnt be tortured
but if they believe this threat to have validity, waterboard him

LOL how terrorizing does someone have to be to qualify as a terrorist??

If individual(s) in question are terrorizing enough to scare at least a plurality of the people into voting for you, backing your positions, or not rising up and throwing you out of office by your short hairs no matter how dumb your ideas are, the individual(s) in question is/are terrorist(s).

So then George W. Bush is a terrorist.

Forum List

Back