Should We Arm Our Teachers?

No I think it’s a bad idea, but I’ll be for more armed guards in schools
Well right now poor schools are letting go their hall monitors/security guards. So you can forget about more armed guards in the schools. UNLESS, for example the Police do it. They are already getting paid so we just need to have them patrolling the schools. What is more precious to have them guard than our children?

So if you mean have police in the schools at all times, that's not a bad idea.

And I liked the idea that no one should be allowed to walk into a school without permission. I used to go to schools to talk to the kids. I ran a music school. Pretty surprising how easy it was for a middle age white man to just walk in.

Some states and local jurisdictions are considering or have already passed laws allowing teachers, faculty and other campus staff to carry firearms on campus. Additionally, the NRA is recommending this as a step to improve school security.
Supporters claim it means tragic massacres of students could be avoided if teachers could defend themselves against armed fanatics to the same degree.

But is this a good idea?
This issue keeps coming up over and over.

I think the kids would freak out if they saw a gun on a teacher.

Plus one of the bigger miscreants could get the gun away and start shooting with it starting with the teacher.

The best solution is to harden schools with iron doors and metal detectors and armed security -- but not like the armed sheriff's deputy who chickened in Florida.

Well right now poor schools are letting go their hall monitors/security guards. So you can forget about more armed guards in the schools. UNLESS, for example the Police do it. They are already getting paid so we just need to have them patrolling the schools. What is more precious to have them guard than our children?

And I liked the idea that no one should be allowed to walk into a school without permission. I used to go to schools to talk to the kids. I ran a music school. Pretty surprising how easy it was for a middle age white man to just walk in.
Then it is obviously the schools' fault that kids are being shot and killed.

Q.E.D.

Then it is obviously the schools' fault that kids are being shot and killed.

Q.E.D.

Kind of/sort of have to agree.

let them freak out , so what , they'll get used to it , tell them to grow up Gents .

Forum List

Back