Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835947/The-Great-British-rake-really-happens-billions-donate-charity-Fat-cat-pay-appalling-waste-hidden-agendas.html

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/08/22/you-give-religions-more-than-82-5-billion-a-year/

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

That is called fraud. There have been cases where a donor has successfully sued the religious institution. The institution intentionally mislead the donor on how his donation would be used.

Most religious institutions tell you it is for the institution--thus the funds can be used at their discretion.

They will not receive their reward in heaven that's for sure, if they are in fact doing fraud.
They think they will live in a mansion in heaven and God just may put them in little tiny shacks on the outskirts of heaven.
Especially the one who said he would not be broke in Heaven.
Then again is was a short clip, so he could have been referring to the spiritual rewards of crowns.

That is called fraud. There have been cases where a donor has successfully sued the religious institution. The institution intentionally mislead the donor on how his donation would be used.

Most religious institutions tell you it is for the institution--thus the funds can be used at their discretion.

That is not what the tax code says but my main focus is the flagrant fraud that the authorities allow to go on every time a priest or imam opens his mouth to spew more lies to get the gullible to open his wallet wider.

Justice is not being done.

Regards
DL

They will not receive their reward in heaven that's for sure, if they are in fact doing fraud.
They think they will live in a mansion in heaven and God just may put them in little tiny shacks on the outskirts of heaven.
Especially the one who said he would not be broke in Heaven.
Then again is was a short clip, so he could have been referring to the spiritual rewards of crowns.

It was short yes, But step into any church or mosque and you will hear a longer version.

Regards
DL

Did you all note how Christians and other religionists -----

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back