Should the US build a southern border wall?

Do you support building a wall on the southern border?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If companies locate some of their production in Mexico they will have jobs there and support their local economies of stores, barber shops, auto repair shops, grocery stores. And less will migrate here for jobs.

When you are looking into the eyes of children that want to eat you will tunnel under or climb over any obstacle.

If companies locate some of their production in Mexico they will have jobs there and support their local economies of stores, barber shops, auto repair shops, grocery stores. And less will migrate here for jobs.

When you are looking into the eyes of children that want to eat you will tunnel under or climb over any obstacle.

The US wants the jobs from Mexico, but also wants to keep the Mexicans in Mexico. But doesn't want to do anything properly. Screw they neighbor, that was written in the Bible, right?

No.

It will have no effect on undocumented entering the US.

It won't have any effect on drug trafficking.

It would be impossible to maintain and, as it is now, impossible to build.

Instead wasting billions on trumps ego, we should spend money investing in our own country, our people, our future.

If the fat PussyGrabber wants a wall, let him start a GoFundMe page.

It will require taking private property from owners who worked to earn it, unlike drumpf who inherited his.

It will put US businesses into bankruptcy.

It will trash the environment and wipe out T&E in the area.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I am 100% for the construction of a southern border wall, as Donald Trump has proposed. I would like to see some other good reasons for or against the Wall in this thread.

Also, please use as little profanity as possible. Thanks

Israel has a "wall", only 10% of it is actually a wall, and that's to stop SNIPERS. Now, the US doesn't have a sniper problem on the US-Mexican border, so why would they build a wall?

The US has an invasion problem. Duh

Nope.

The last time there was an "invasion problem" was when whites stole it from Native Americans and Mexico.

I am 100% for the construction of a southern border wall, as Donald Trump has proposed. I would like to see some other good reasons for or against the Wall in this thread.

I'm against it, although some strategic walls like already exist do have impact. Overall, we should work smarter, not harder on the illegal immigration problem. Just throwing money at it is as screwed up as the Democrat solutions to things.

The Dem solution was to deport more than ever before, esp criminals.

The only ones mount across now are migrant workers and they then go home.

If they don't come, family farms will go broke, as we've already seen happening in certain areas.

I see two options:

1. A Great Wall of China type structure
2. An Atlantic Wall type defensive line

A case csn be made for either style of defense.

1. The sort that bankrupts a country?
2. One that was breached in a few hours?

And don't tell him that it took 2000 years to build the China wall and never really worked.

Mining the border would be more effective.
But it would be a crying shame if a pronghorn antelope stepped on one.

Indeed. If the invaders started getting blown up coming across they would stop. But it would be a crying shame if a pronghorn antelope stepped on one.

No that would not have that effect at all.

A wall would wipe out pronghorns, sheep, Jaguars and drug cartels would still tunnel under, just like they do now.

I see two options:

1. A Great Wall of China type structure
2. An Atlantic Wall type defensive line

A case csn be made for either style of defense.

1. The sort that bankrupts a country?
2. One that was breached in a few hours?

And don't tell him that it took 2000 years to build the China wall and never really worked.

Well, it didn't necessarily take 2,000 years to build, but was built over a very long period with enhancements and the like. What there is now was built in the Ming Dynasty, which lasted 300 years. But they were building walls in lots of places to keep people out. However it only ever worked if there was the money to keep it going which was the main problem. But then again the Ming were taken over by the Qing who were Manchu, ie, from the other side of the wall, so it didn't really do its job.

Indeed. If the invaders started getting blown up coming across they would stop. But it would be a crying shame if a pronghorn antelope stepped on one.
You could put a fence for blocking animals from going into the mine field.

Which then tells the people who are crossing where not to cross, and the minefield then doesn't work.

Which then tells the people who are crossing where not to cross, and the minefield then doesn't work.
Obviously mine the whole length, and yes, put up signs in Mehican so people are warmed. I don't actually want them to get blown up, lol.

Obviously mine the whole length, and yes, put up signs in Mehican so people are warmed. I don't actually want them to get blown up, lol.

So how do people get across then? Because they have emergency gates and the lot out there, because there are times when people need to get across there. Also they have roads next to the fence, how do cars get through the minefields?

It's a minefield, there is more than one mine.

Israel has a "wall", only 10% of it is actually a wall, and that's to stop SNIPERS. Now, the US doesn't have a sniper problem on the US-Mexican border, so why would they build a wall?

You could try replying to what I wrote. Duh.
To slow the spread of illegal aliens and drugs from Mexico. Duh.

Yes, I get what a minefield is. I also know that minefields are set out in FIELDS, hence the name, and that they have place with mines and place WITHOUT MINES. Go figure.

So how do people get across then? Because they have emergency gates and the lot out there, because there are times when people need to get across there. Also they have roads next to the fence, how do cars get through the minefields?
Only official border crossings would be available.

Yes, I get what a minefield is. I also know that minefields are set out in FIELDS, hence the name, and that they have place with mines and place WITHOUT MINES. Go figure.

Wrong. We have mines that you can put anywhere. Doesn't have to be a field. Look up claymore mine...

You could try replying to what I wrote. Duh.
To slow the spread of illegal aliens and drugs from Mexico. Duh.

And does it need a wall? Why not build a FENCE? I mean, Israel has 90% fence and 10% wall. Again, the wall is to stop snipers. The fence works.

Only official border crossings would be available.

And how does anyone patrol the border?

What happens if a pilot crashes their plane against the wall/fence and needs to be rescued? Lots of whatifs, which means that a minefield will never happen.

Wrong. We have mines that you can put anywhere. Doesn't have to be a field. Look up claymore mine...

I wasn't referring to the mines being placed in fields, I was saying that a minefield is called a minefield because the mines are put in areas which are comparable to fields, because they don't just throw them anywhere because that would be stupid.

Forum List

Back