Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Latest polls show Trump behind, Clinton in the 2016 driver’s seat
10/17/16 09:30 AM—Updated 10/17/16 10:55 AM

By Steve Benen
Election Day is still 22 days away, and a lot can happen in three weeks, but in light of the latest polling in the presidential race, Hillary Clinton has to like her chances.
Hillary Clinton is ahead of Donald Trump by double digits with just over three weeks until Election Day, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted entirely after the second presidential debate.

In a four-way race, Democrat Clinton holds an 11-point lead over Republican Trump among likely voters, 48 percent to 37 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 7 percent and the Green Party’s Jill Stein at 2 percent. In a two-way contest without Johnson and Stein, Clinton is ahead by 10 points, 51 percent to 41 percent.
Note, not every poll shows Clinton with an advantage nearly that large.

:lmao:

Latest polls show Trump behind, Clinton in the 2016 driver's seat

Here's a truly radical idea: Have the government spend less money.

That one will never work, though, because neither of the two major parties will embrace it.
Another failed talking point. Sometimes I think USMB is stuck in 2011.

Kind of like you're stuck in failed 19th century Marxism.
There was no Marxism in the 1800s, Slingblade.
diXVVEk.gif

:hmpf:

The Communist Manifesto - Wikipedia

No problem as long as there is a plan to actually balance the budget and reduce the debt. The only way that's going to happen is with Constitutional restraints placed on lawmakers. Imo.

Sure, that's Ocasio-Cortez's primary goal....NOT.

By Steve Benen
Election Day is still 22 days away, and a lot can happen in three weeks, but in light of the latest polling in the presidential race, Hillary Clinton has to like her chances.
Hillary Clinton is ahead of Donald Trump by double digits with just over three weeks until Election Day, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted entirely after the second presidential debate.

In a four-way race, Democrat Clinton holds an 11-point lead over Republican Trump among likely voters, 48 percent to 37 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 7 percent and the Green Party’s Jill Stein at 2 percent. In a two-way contest without Johnson and Stein, Clinton is ahead by 10 points, 51 percent to 41 percent.

BREAKING: Donald Trump Has No Path to Winning Presidential Election

No problem as long as there is a plan to actually balance the budget and reduce the debt. The only way that's going to happen is with Constitutional restraints placed on lawmakers. Imo.
Put those restraints in first or the there will never be a balanced budget. They will simply spend more.

Thank you Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!!!

Poll: A majority of Americans support raising the top tax rate to 70 percent

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her Republican critics have both called her proposal to dramatically increase America's highest tax rate "radical" but a new poll released Tuesday indicates that a majority of Americans agrees with the idea.

In the latest The Hill-HarrisX survey, which was conducted Jan. 12 and 13 after the newly elected congresswoman called for the U.S. to raise its highest tax rate to 70 percent, found that a sizable majority of registered voters, 59 percent, supports the idea.
Nobody polled me. Imagine that.

By Steve Benen

James Comey letter to Congress Reopening Clinton Email Probe

Dear Messrs Chairmen:

Washington. D. C. 20535

October 28, 20l6

In previous congressional testimony, I referred to the fact that the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) had completed its investigation of former Secretary Clinton?s personal email
server. Due to recent developments, 1 am writing to supplement my previous testimony.

In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence ol?emails that
appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team
briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take investigative
steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain
classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.

Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be significant. and I
cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work, I believe it is important
to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony.

Sincerely yours,

James B. Comey
Director

They must have polled progressives or the question was worded for a "favorable" outcome. It's that or the majority are really fucking stupid, which is entirely possible.
Was the majority really fucking stupid in the 1950s, under Eisenhower?

IKE instituted Operation Wetback, would you support that today?
We're talking about taxes, dope.

Tell us son, how much EXTRA money do you send the Gov? You don't have to wait to be taxed.
Stick to the topic, dope - 70% marginal tax rate on the wealthiest Americans.

They must have polled progressives or the question was worded for a "favorable" outcome. It's that or the majority are really fucking stupid, which is entirely possible.
Was the majority really fucking stupid in the 1950s, under Eisenhower?

IKE instituted Operation Wetback, would you support that today?
We're talking about taxes, dope.

Tell us son, how much EXTRA money do you send the Gov? You don't have to wait to be taxed.
Stick to the topic, dope - 70% marginal tax rate on the wealthiest Americans.
won't do anything to bring down the debt or deficit. not one thing. nope. not one.

BTW, how do they get that by the senate?

It is! We can start with the bloated Defense budget. We don't need billions of spending on new tanks
You will get no argument from me on defense spending. We do need to keep up with armament advancements, but defense spending is way too much. I would suggest we start by bringing troops home from overseas.

It is! We can start with the bloated Defense budget. We don't need billions of spending on new tanks
You will get no argument from me on defense spending. We do need to keep up with armament advancements, but defense spending is way too much. I would suggest we start by bringing troops home from overseas.
isn't that what trump wants to do and the left smacked him down? can't make this up.

Forum List

Back