Should the U.S. open its doors to imperiled European Jews?

I do not buy the premise that European Jews are "imperiled".

Were New Yorkers "imperiled" after 9/11?

Do you honestly believe an attack on a grocery store should be the bar for an entire ethnic group to be considered "imperiled"?
You're an idiot. Like that's news.
The Jews in France have suffered all kinds of violence at the hands of the Muslims there. It has hardly been one incident. Here is a video from last July. This has been going on some years and getting worse.

And Muslims have been under attack by radical rightwing Christian groups with mosques firebombed and women attacked.

Your moral equivalence has been declined. Please show where Muslims are being pushed out because of repeated attacks.

Why would we let in Jews when we don't let in Christians. We don't let Syrian Christians in. Just Syrian muslims.

Do you honestly believe an attack on a grocery store should be the bar for an entire ethnic group to be considered "imperiled"?

I agree - given history, I understand their concern, but I think it's far from imperiled. There are other refugee groups in more dire need.
You dont think the fact that Jews are attacked frequently, targeted for it in fact, suggests they are in peril? Seriously?
Twilight for the Jews of Sweden Jewish Israel News Algemeiner.com

There's been an increase in anti-semitism in some parts of Europe and a decrease in others and there has also been an increase in Islamaphobia resulting in more violence towards those groups. I think to say they are imperiled in Europe is way premature. A lot depends on how governments handle it. At the moment - if you're talking about refugees - there are people in far more dire need coming out of the Syrian/Iraqi/ISIS crisis.

The Jews in France have suffered all kinds of violence at the hands of the Muslims there. It has hardly been one incident. Here is a video from last July. This has been going on some years and getting worse.

And Muslims have been under attack by radical rightwing Christian groups with mosques firebombed and women attacked.

Your moral equivalence has been declined. Please show where Muslims are being pushed out because of repeated attacks.

I linked in the above post to one article on Islamophobia. You can google Islamophobia and Europe and come up with a long list of articles and links.

That's always the claim when you hear something you don't like - "moral equivalence".

When times are economically tense - minorities and immigrants are typically scapegoated. There is far more going on against Muslim immigrants in those countries then there is against Jewish citizens (google it - it's there in the statistics). I do understand Jewish concern though, because of history and the fact that everywhere but Israel, they are a minority that has been scapegoated before. At least they have Israel.

I linked in the above post to one article on Islamophobia. You can google Islamophobia and Europe and come up with a long list of articles and links.

That's always the claim when you hear something you don't like - "moral equivalence".

When times are economically tense - minorities and immigrants are typically scapegoated. There is far more going on against Muslim immigrants in those countries then there is against Jewish citizens (google it - it's there in the statistics). I do understand Jewish concern though, because of history and the fact that everywhere but Israel, they are a minority that has been scapegoated before. At least they have Israel.

Please show where Muslims are attacked in the streets. OTherwise STFU.

Why would we let in Jews when we don't let in Christians. We don't let Syrian Christians in. Just Syrian muslims.

I agree - given history, I understand their concern, but I think it's far from imperiled. There are other refugee groups in more dire need.
You dont think the fact that Jews are attacked frequently, targeted for it in fact, suggests they are in peril? Seriously?
Twilight for the Jews of Sweden Jewish Israel News Algemeiner.com

There's been an increase in anti-semitism in some parts of Europe and a decrease in others and there has also been an increase in Islamaphobia resulting in more violence towards those groups. I think to say they are imperiled in Europe is way premature. A lot depends on how governments handle it. At the moment - if you're talking about refugees - there are people in far more dire need coming out of the Syrian/Iraqi/ISIS crisis.
Please show where there has been a decrease in anti semitism in Europe. We'll wait.

As the world rightly focuses on the recent terror attacks in Paris on Charlie Hedbo and a kosher grocery store, it should be noted that the second attack is part of a larger problem: the ongoing vitriol toward the French Jewish community.

On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders invited French Jews to move to Israel. That’s a nice gesture, but it’s not enough. According to the article, the United States should join Israel and offer to also open up its shores as a refuge to the endangered Jews of France.

The U.S. should open its doors to imperiled European Jews - The Washington Post

What do you think about it? Is it right decision?
If they identify as jews and wont assimulate, oops lol. send them to Israel. The problems the muslims, christians and jews are having is that their God's have seperated them from their identical stupid vain brothers of all and no religion. My prophet is better then your prophet and I'm daddy's favorite crap is getting old even for the almighty I'm sure. Don't ask me how I am.

Forum List

Back