Should the Republican president (2025) FIRE all the US Attorneys General like apparently Clinton did?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I think the new R president should fire the whole damn federal gummit or at least investigate all those who have had problems with integrity.. complaints made against them by conservatives...

I heard that Clinton fired EVERY AG when he became president so as to protect himself and his crooked Chuckie wife from prosecution..

just a rumor but I tend to believe it

I think the new R president should fire the whole damn federal gummit or at least investigate all those who have had problems with integrity.. complaints made against them by conservatives...

I heard that Clinton fired EVERY AG when he became president so as to protect himself and his crooked Chuckie wife from prosecution..

Is your Google broken?

what's really bad is when you have a broken soul

or no soul at all

:oops:

Every President does that, dumbo

Because you're a dumbo. Oh wait, sorry, you just "don't know something" again.
well, some day I hope to be like you and God

know everything

I'm sure that day will arrive, probably soon :)

Fire all the Top generals and replace them with the ones fired by Born in Kenya Barack

Douglas MacGregor Head Joint Chiefs

When we all win the lottery this weekend should we all buy new sports cars? Oh, wait… I thought this was a thread about impossible dreams and what we would do in them.

Fire all the Top generals and replace them with the ones fired by Born in Kenya Barack

Douglas MacGregor Head Joint Chiefs
I would ask who he is but I don't want to appear to be stupid

Oh well.. too late

LOL

:)

Anyone that serves at the pleasure of a POTUS can be fired straight out.
I hope this is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope TRUMP or whomever is the R president next

knows this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a brilliant battlefield commander (73 Easting) and now a commentator and author of 5 books
I believe I heard on Fox News that Trump did not fire all the attorneys when he won in 2016.

So there goes that argument made (I think it was the person who implied I was stupid?) that every president does that... :rolleyes:

so many posters just say any old damn thing regardless of whether it is true..

Yes....in fact, it is standard practice.......

However...

The normal practice is to allow the attorneys to finish any current cases, and then they submit their resignations.........and they get replaced by the new administration...

Clinton was different because he had his large minion, Janet Reno, order all U.S. attorney's to resign, regardless of their cases....this was due to the fact that a U.S. attorney was looking into the felonies the clinton's had committed with their real estate scams in Arkansas.....they then replaced that attorney with one of their own...

Various news sources covering the story...

Source that didn't have a paywall...

That is mostly true, replied D. Kyle Sampson, then chief of staff to Atty. Gen. Alberto R. Gonzales. “Clinton fired all Bush [U.S. attorneys] in one fell swoop. We fired all Clinton [U.S. attorneys] but staggered it out more and permitted some to stay on a few months,” he said.

A few minutes later, Deputy Atty. Gen. Paul J. McNulty replied to the same memo.

“On the issue of Clinton [U.S. attorneys], we called each one and had them give us a timeframe. Most were gone by late April.

In contrast, Clinton [Justice Department] told all but a dozen in early March to be gone immediately,” McNulty said.

The difference appears minor. Both McNulty and Sampson acknowledged that the Bush administration, like the Clinton administration, brought in a new slate of U.S. attorneys within a few months of taking office.

Yes....in fact, it is standard practice.......

However...

The normal practice is to allow the attorneys to finish any current cases, and then they submit their resignations.........and they get replaced by the new administration...

Clinton was different because he had his large minion, Janet Reno, order all U.S. attorney's to resign, regardless of their cases....this was due to the fact that a U.S. attorney was looking into the felonies the clinton's had committed with their real estate scams in Arkansas.....they then replaced that attorney with one of their own...

Various news sources covering the story...

Source that didn't have a paywall...

That is mostly true, replied D. Kyle Sampson, then chief of staff to Atty. Gen. Alberto R. Gonzales. “Clinton fired all Bush [U.S. attorneys] in one fell swoop. We fired all Clinton [U.S. attorneys] but staggered it out more and permitted some to stay on a few months,” he said.

A few minutes later, Deputy Atty. Gen. Paul J. McNulty replied to the same memo.

“On the issue of Clinton [U.S. attorneys], we called each one and had them give us a timeframe. Most were gone by late April.

In contrast, Clinton [Justice Department] told all but a dozen in early March to be gone immediately,” McNulty said.

The difference appears minor. Both McNulty and Sampson acknowledged that the Bush administration, like the Clinton administration, brought in a new slate of U.S. attorneys within a few months of taking office.

Again, I have not heard that Trump did that

If he wins again, he had best do it.

Forum List

Back