should repentance save his life? death row asks for mercy

okay i can see that....the concept of forgiveness but still paying for one's crime.....now what about all the prior conditions?

Key being supposed.
I'm fine with strapping the scum that ruined this convicts life right next to him and a little torture before putting him to sleep. Unfortunately, lots of people have had very screwed up childhoods. Most don't commit murder.

I have some problems with the death penalty, namely that there have been people proven innocent after they were iced.

People make mistakes and I personally would have to have more than "beyond reasonable doubt" if i was going to sentence a person to death.

Nope...

His sentence has been decided by our legal system...

He can make all the peace he wants with the Lord, and it's good that he does, but it's time to die...

yes and supposed brain damage

Lots of people have shitty childhoods and don't expect it to give them a free pass to do whatever they want for the rest of their lives. Nor should it.

By the way, he doesn't have "brain damage". He has "brain dysfunction", aka "I had a shitty childhood, and now I don't think the way other people do". Which apparently in no way prevents him from understanding the nature and quality of his actions, so . . . thanks for the apology. Now get on that gurney.

I'll tell you something else. I don't think he's truly remorseful for what he did. I'm sure he's sorry that he's going to die for it. He might even feel bad for having raped and tortured those two men to death. But in my experience, true remorse is accompanied by the feeling that you deserve the negative consequences of your actions and a desire to atone for them, not an attempt to use your "sorrow" to escape the consequences.

Forum List

Back