Should other red states be pushed to change their discriminatory "religious freedom" laws?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
I think so - and I believe time will take care of that. Momentum is clearly shifting toward LGBT equality.

Young Republicans favor same-sex marriage - Pew Research Center

FT_14.03.10_GayMarriageRepublican1.png

Polling Americans for Marriage Equality

A4ME_Timeline-01_1.jpg

I just heard on Lawrence O'Donnell that gays and lesbians have a higher approval rating than Evangelical Christians.

"Should other red states be forced to change their discriminatory "religious freedom" laws?"

Compelled through the political process would be more accurate; where lawmakers respond to the will of the people to repeal or amend such laws or the lawmakers themselves are removed from office at election time resulting in the laws being amended or repealed by new lawmakers.

Otherwise 'religious liberty' laws are just ridiculous and unnecessary.

"Should other red states be forced to change their discriminatory "religious freedom" laws?"

Compelled through the political process would be more accurate; where lawmakers respond to the will of the people to repeal or amend such laws or the lawmakers themselves are removed from office at election time resulting in the laws being amended or repealed by new lawmakers.

Otherwise 'religious liberty' laws are just ridiculous and unnecessary.

I agree. My thread title inherently means changing through public opinion and political legislation.

What they should all do is rewrite their state laws to mimick the federal one President Clinton signed it would be intresting to see the left attack that given their likely 2016 Presidential nominee will be Hillary.

What they should all do is rewrite their state laws to mimick the federal one President Clinton signed it would be intresting to see the left attack that given their likely 2016 Presidential nominee will be Hillary.

Accurately mimicking the federal law would be a good start.

Accurately mimicking the federal law would be a good start.
If that should happen I look foreward to your threads proclaming full support for them.

Forum List

Back