Should Op-Ed Threads Be Held To A Standard of Being Rubber Room or Flame Zone Material?

Should Op-Ed Threads Be Held To A Standard of Being Rubber Room or Flame Zone Material?

• Total voters

Why are Liberals always proposing we censor, ban or restrict free speech? I can remember back when I was young, liberal and stupid... before I realized that I was a conservative... but back then, liberals were against censorship. Strongly against it in no uncertain terms. Even if it offended people, liberals believed we have the free right to speech and it shouldn't be abridged for any reason other than direct public safety, like screaming "fire" in a theater. When did all that change with Liberals and how do you justify this?

Do you people think that society is going to put YOU in charge of deciding what can and can't be censored? Are you so full of hubris you think Liberals are never going to be without the power of authority again? Why not just stick all Liberal threads in the Rubber Room or Flame Zone on the basis of... all you ever do is antagonize and spew propagandist rhetoric to flame the right? Serves the same purpose, doesn't it?

Censor, ban, restrict? Why are right wingers always so alarmist and Flame Zoney, Rubber Roomy in their responses? The Collapse of Iraq and the Rise of ISIS: Made in America?

Why are right wingers always proposing we censor, ban or restrict free speech? I can remember back when I was young, and I met my first stupid adult... before I realized that stupid right winger and conservative were two totally different beings. ... but back then, conservatives fought back against stupid right wingers who called for censorship of books, lyrics, speech, protests. Strongly against it in no uncertain terms. Even if it offended people, right wingers believed only they had the free right to speech and it shouldn't be abridged for any reason other than .....well you get it.

Censor, ban, restrict? Why are right wingers always so alarmist and Flame Zoney, Rubber Roomy in their responses? The Collapse of Iraq and the Rise of ISIS: Made in America?

Why are right wingers always proposing we censor, ban or restrict free speech? I can remember back when I was young, and I met my first stupid adult... before I realized that stupid right winger and conservative were two totally different beings. ... but back then, conservatives fought back against stupid right wingers who called for censorship of books, lyrics, speech, protests. Strongly against it in no uncertain terms. Even if it offended people, right wingers believed only they had the free right to speech and it shouldn't be abridged for any reason other than .....well you get it.

I know of NO conservative today who is calling for bans on anything involving books, lyrics, protests, speech or anything else. Conservatives are mostly against this stupid PC bullshit that seems to be permeating society these days... where everyone is offended by the least little thing and believe they have some kind of goddamn constitutional right to NOT be offended.

Why are Liberals always proposing we censor, ban or restrict free speech? I can remember back when I was young, liberal and stupid... before I realized that I was a conservative... but back then, liberals were against censorship. Strongly against it in no uncertain terms. Even if it offended people, liberals believed we have the free right to speech and it shouldn't be abridged for any reason other than direct public safety, like screaming "fire" in a theater. When did all that change with Liberals and how do you justify this?

Do you people think that society is going to put YOU in charge of deciding what can and can't be censored? Are you so full of hubris you think Liberals are never going to be without the power of authority again? Why not just stick all Liberal threads in the Rubber Room or Flame Zone on the basis of... all you ever do is antagonize and spew propagandist rhetoric to flame the right? Serves the same purpose, doesn't it?
Moving it is not censoring it. LOL

I know of NO conservative today who is calling for bans on anything involving books, lyrics, protests, speech or anything else. Conservatives are mostly against this stupid PC bullshit that seems to be permeating society these days... where everyone is offended by the least little thing and believe they have some kind of goddamn constitutional right to NOT be offended.
Nobody is banning it by moving it. What is wrong with you?

Moving it to another forum is not censoring or restricting free speech; in fact, it is expanding it. You have a problem with your vocabulary, apparently.

How is moving an Op-Ed thread to the Rubber Room or Flame Zone banning or restricting it? It isn't. It is simply in another place. In fact, rather than restricting it, being moved to one of those forums opens it up to more expanded comment.

Well because you are tagging it and labeling it by putting it there, dumb ass. How was sticking a fucking star on the chest of a Jew in Germany a violation of their human rights? How was putting black children in their own fucking schools a violation of their civil rights? What is being proposed is actually a form of profiling. You're supposed to be against that, aren't you?

Moving it to another forum is not censoring or restricting free speech; in fact, it is expanding it. You have a problem with your vocabulary, apparently.

I'm sorry but according to the format and forum rules... YES ... it would be a restriction!

How is moving an Op-Ed thread to the Rubber Room or Flame Zone banning or restricting it? It isn't. It is simply in another place. In fact, rather than restricting it, being moved to one of those forums opens it up to more expanded comment.

Well because you are tagging it and labeling it by putting it there, dumb ass. How was sticking a fucking star on the chest of a Jew in Germany a violation of their human rights? How was putting black children in their own fucking schools a violation of their civil rights? What is being proposed is actually a form of profiling. You're supposed to be against that, aren't you?
It does not restrict it in anyway.

"I know of NO conservative today who is calling for bans on anything involving books, lyrics, protests, speech or anything else."

Oh, my.

1. 4:49

Donald Trump Announces FULL Statement Banning All Muslims Entering America in USS Yorktown Speech
    by YouGetNews
    • 3 weeks ago
    Donald Trump calls to ban all Muslims from entering US Republican frontrunner wants 'total and complete shutdown' of borders to ...

2. 2:17

Trump Calls To Ban Muslim Entry To U.S.
    by Opposing Views
    • 3 weeks ago
    Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday (December 7) called for a ban on Muslims entering the United ...

3. 3:09

Donald Trump Calls for a Ban of Muslims Entering the US | CLIP
    by ABC News
    • 3 weeks ago
    Donald Trump is under fire after calling for a ban on all Muslims entering the U.S. SUBSCRIBE to ABC NEWS: ...

4. 5:14

Donald Trump Calls For TOTAL And COMPLETE Ban On Muslims Entering Into United States(FULL REPORT)!!
    by The Incredible World
    • 3 weeks ago
    Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump called for a total and complete Shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.

5. 5:05

Donald Trump On Muslim Travel Ban: I'm Using Common Sense (Interview Pt 1) | MSNBC
    by MSNBC
    • 3 weeks ago
    2016 candidate Donald Trump joins Morning Joe to discuss his call to ban Muslims from traveling to the United States.

6. 3:24

The World Responds To Trump's Call To Ban Muslims
    by Seeker Daily
    • 3 weeks ago
    Subscribe! Seeker Daily Donald Trump has said the U.S. should ban all Muslims from entering the country.
    • CC

Is everyone forgetting that this Board is a private, and as such, management can censor any or all of us anytime for any or no reason.

"I know of NO conservative today who is calling for bans on anything involving books, lyrics, protests, speech or anything else."

Oh, my.

1. 4:49

Donald Trump Announces FULL Statement Banning All Muslims Entering America in USS Yorktown Speech
    by YouGetNews
    • 3 weeks ago
    Donald Trump calls to ban all Muslims from entering US Republican frontrunner wants 'total and complete shutdown' of borders to ...

2. 2:17

Trump Calls To Ban Muslim Entry To U.S.
    by Opposing Views
    • 3 weeks ago
    Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday (December 7) called for a ban on Muslims entering the United ...

3. 3:09

Donald Trump Calls for a Ban of Muslims Entering the US | CLIP
    by ABC News
    • 3 weeks ago
    Donald Trump is under fire after calling for a ban on all Muslims entering the U.S. SUBSCRIBE to ABC NEWS: ...

4. 5:14

Donald Trump Calls For TOTAL And COMPLETE Ban On Muslims Entering Into United States(FULL REPORT)!!
    by The Incredible World
    • 3 weeks ago
    Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump called for a total and complete Shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.

5. 5:05

Donald Trump On Muslim Travel Ban: I'm Using Common Sense (Interview Pt 1) | MSNBC
    by MSNBC
    • 3 weeks ago
    2016 candidate Donald Trump joins Morning Joe to discuss his call to ban Muslims from traveling to the United States.

6. 3:24

The World Responds To Trump's Call To Ban Muslims
    by Seeker Daily
    • 3 weeks ago
    Subscribe! Seeker Daily Donald Trump has said the U.S. should ban all Muslims from entering the country.
    • CC

Wow... not a single mention of any ban on any American citizen for speech, protesting, books or anything else. Just more Liberal TRASH TALK against Trump!

Is everyone forgetting that this Board is a private, and as such, management can censor any or all of us anytime for any or no reason.

Well of course they can... which is why the Liberal goob is calling for a restriction on OP-EDs. If such a thing were a protected free speech right, he couldn't do that.. it would be unconstitutional.

The question is not CAN they do it, it's SHOULD they do it.... I don't think they should. I think OP-EDs deserve stand-alone respect on their own merit. If the subject is intentionally inflammatory or intended to invoke a flame-fest... move it there! I've had my OP-EDs moved there before and I didn't complain because I understand this. But you don't just blanket rule that ALL OP-EDs are to be spirited away to Never-never-land!

What it sounds like is, this Liberal doesn't like right wing OP-EDs which simply seem to outnumber Liberal OP-EDs by a good margin. Probably because Liberals exude so much time and effort into posting linked threads to their propaganda hit pieces instead of forming coherent thoughts of their own.

"should" is a personal decision, and certainly not yours to make for someone else. Get over it.

Forum List

Back