Should there be a word limit?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I was wondering if these forums would be more fun if there was a word limit in place. Something like each post has to be less than 100 words. Some of these post are just propaganda written by people pushing a political agenda. THey are generally about a 1000 words to begin with and I really don't want to spend the time going through some dude's meanderings that really have no point at all to them. I think a word limit would force people to come up with a point and prevent people from copy and pasting someone else's stuff.

I was wondering if these forums would be more fun if there was a word limit in place. Something like each post has to be less than 100 words. Some of these post are just propaganda written by people pushing a political agenda. THey are generally about a 1000 words to begin with and I really don't want to spend the time going through some dude's meanderings that really have no point at all to them. I think a word limit would force people to come up with a point and prevent people from copy and pasting someone else's stuff.

No.

No. This forum is for an exchange of ideas, not a high school writing exercise.

I myself appreciate brevity, but am not limited by the lack of it in certain posts.

If there are too many words for you, simply don't read them.

images

No!

I generally read the first and last paragraph of something that caught my eye to determine if it's worth reading. Then I might read it. Then I might give it a rating. Then if I have something to say about said item I might post something.

I won't deprive someone of their right to freedom of speech though... Even if it might be boring as heck. I have a question though... How many words does your current post contain?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
The board leadership expects you to read each and every post. There is also the expectation that you will respond to at least 75% of them in a timely manner. Can't handle it? Try some lesser board.

Twitter is going to offer a 10,000 word limit.

Forum List

Back