Should Obama be able to run for a 3rd term?

Should Obama be permitted to run for a Third Term?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 100.0%

• Total voters

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
In the event that Hillary Clinton drops out of the race, should Barack Obama be permitted to run for a 3rd term and take her place as the Democrat Nominee? All are invited to vote on this poll. What say you? Yes or no?

No. He has already served two terms. He is not eligible to run again.

In the event that Hillary Clinton drops out of the race, should Barack Obama be permitted to run for a 3rd term and take her place as the Democrat Nominee? All are invited to vote on this poll. What say you? Yes or no?

22nd Amendment says no...

List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But do Democrats believe the 22nd Amendment should be abolished? What about Republicans? What do they think, Bruce? That is the premise of the question and one I've been wondering about for some time. Would the American people agree to the 22nd Amendment being abolished in order to elect Obama for a third term.

Obama recently stated in an interview that he wasn't quitting his job. He was being forced out. Clearly the thought has occurred to him.

22nd Amendment says no...

List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But do Democrats believe the 22nd Amendment should be abolished? What about Republicans? What do they think, Bruce? That is the premise of the question and one I've been wondering about for some time. Would the American people agree to the 22nd Amendment being abolished in order to elect Obama for a third term.

Obama recently stated in an interview that he wasn't quitting his job. He was being forced out. Clearly the thought has occurred to him.

I can only write my personal opinion and no he should not be able to run a third term. Eliminating the 22nd Amendment would allow another FDR and America does not need someone staying in power that long.

Two terms is enough. Now if they want to change the length of the term to six years then I can agree to that but two terms are enough.

( Changing the term length to six years would equate to three terms under the system we have now )

Hillary isn't dropping out. that is wishful thinking.

:cuckoo:

and no, the president cannot run for a third term without a constitutional amendment. and it would be too late for anyone else to get on the ballot in any event.

you're welcome.

the goal shouldn't be to repeal term limits, the goal should be to impose the term limits on the members of congress and the supreme court.

Well hopefully someone from Obama's camp will see the poll and realize that the American people do not find the end of his term to equate with being forced out of office. Thank you for your thoughts, Bruce.

How bad our state of affairs are that our preference would be O over the other two incompetent loon bags.

and no, the president cannot run for a third term without a constitutional amendment. and it would be too late for anyone else to get on the ballot in any event.

you're welcome.
What happens if come November 8th neither candidate gets enough electoral votes? Would you be for abolishing the 22nd amendment in order to appoint Obama to a 3rd term?

How bad our state of affairs are that our preference would be O over the other two incompetent loon bags.

you're welcome.
What happens if come November 8th neither candidate gets enough electoral votes? Would you be for abolishing the 22nd amendment in order to appoint Obama to a 3rd term?
Jillian, just give Jeremiah what he wants and say yes.

you're welcome.
Let Jillian speak for herself. She's a big girl.

you're welcome.
Let Jillian speak for herself. She's a big girl.

I probably should just say yes because reality doesn't seem to sit well with you.

there will not be a situation where neither candidate gets enough electoral votes. it is not going to the house. no one is appointing the president to a third term. AGAIN it is unconstitutional absent a constitutional amendment.

you're welcome.

Were you talking to me? No, I wouldn't be for abolishing the 22.

I think the two-term limit only was put into effect in about 1948, I wonder why only FDR ran for more than two terms when there wasn't a limit?

I'm aware that Grover Cleveland is the only American President that was elected to two non-consecutive terms, I can't remember who was in-between.

you're welcome.

Come on, jills, you know you want obozo's reign to be infinite.

Forum List

Back