Should Muslim's be Exempt from Enhanced Security Checks at our Airports?

Should Muslim's be Exempt from Enhanced Security Checks at our Airports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are you babbling about now? What question? The Thread Question. Done, many times over. What Second Question? My doubting Navigation Skills? I doubt you could find your way out of an Elevator without assistance.

I was addressing the post i was quoting in my response, as i do now.

The question was the one you raised about the map. I can't answer it.
There was no second question, but a second part, which was your second sentence, where you were wrong three times.

Then you ignored my advice and hit yourself again.

So I was Right again You Babble off point and topic. Why are you here? What have you contributed? I'd remind you to take out the trash when you leave, but that would be redundant. I can't trust you to navigate your way through an argument, or a parking lot. You can't find a Freeway, even when you are on the entrance ramp. That's your problem, not mine. I get it. You have special needs.

Babble-on is not just an ancient ruined city-state south of Baghdad.

It's also what happens in tents, when the circus is in town.

intense-albums-ny-aquarium-picture2698-img-4764-01.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) - Despite a deluge of complaints over intrusive pat-downs and revealing airport scans, the government is betting Americans would rather fly safe than untouched. "I'm not going to change those policies," the nation's transportation security chief declared Wednesday.

Responded a lawmaker: "I wouldn't want my wife to be touched in the way that these folks are being touched."

The debate over where to strike the balance between privacy and security, in motion since new safety measures took effect after the 2001 terrorist attacks, has intensified with the debut of pat-downs that are more thorough, and invasive, than before, and the spread of full-body image scans.

A week before some of the busiest flying days of the year, some passengers are refusing the regimen, many more are complaining and the aviation industry is caught in the middle.

In Florida, the Orlando Sanford Airport, which handles 2 million passengers a year, now plans to replace "testy" Transportation Security Administration screeners with private contractors, and two veteran commercial pilots are refusing to fly out of airports using the procedures.

"The outcry is huge," Texas Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison told the TSA administrator, John Pistole, at a Capitol Hill hearing. "I know that you're aware of it. But we've got to see some action."

Pistole conceded "reasonable people can disagree" on how to properly balance safety at the nation's airports but he asserted the new security measures are necessary because of intelligence on latest attack methods that might be used by terrorists.

My Way News - Feds holding firm on intrusive airport security

Wait til the get really serious and start doing cavity searches.

Considering where technology is heading with explosives, there is no real 100% defense.How long before we are dealing with ingested explosives? It's at the point now where we are going to be boarding with Air-Line supplied Paper Throw away gowns, getting our stuff back after we land.

Considering where technology is heading with explosives, there is no real 100% defense.How long before we are dealing with ingested explosives? It's at the point now where we are going to be boarding with Air-Line supplied Paper Throw away gowns, getting our stuff back after we land.

Won't work, terrorist will use hairspray that is explosive, spray it on hours before the flight, and pass right through screening. We have to realize we can't stop them by looking for the bomb and start looking for the terrorist.

Won't work, terrorist will use hairspray that is explosive, spray it on hours before the flight, and pass right through screening. We have to realize we can't stop them by looking for the bomb and start looking for the terrorist.

Totally agreed. I think using dogs, that can sense fear, and deceit, better than many humans, should be used Nation wide.

Or just knock all the passengers out with anesthesia. Imagine how much more enjoyable that would make having to set next to the stinky fat dude who's elbow flab is pressing into your chest!

Or just knock all the passengers out with anesthesia. Imagine how much more enjoyable that would make having to set next to the stinky fat dude who's elbow flab is pressing into your chest!

I think I'll either drive or take the Train. At least for now. :lol:

My husband and I argued about this last night. When I asked which method we should choose, he said whichever line is the shortest. I said I didn't think our boys would want someone "touching their junk" and he said "tough shit. We are not going to stop flying and I don't want my family blown up. Deal with it" He's that kinda guy.

I love QWs statement. We need to stop looking for bombs and start looking for terrorists. Dennis Miller made a similar point. He said "Every 10th person is singled out. We are not at war with every 10th person" Its time for profliling. In the words of my husband "deal with it"

My husband and I argued about this last night. When I asked which method we should choose, he said whichever line is the shortest. I said I didn't think our boys would want someone "touching their junk" and he said "tough shit. We are not going to stop flying and I don't want my family blown up. Deal with it" He's that kinda guy.

I love QWs statement. We need to stop looking for bombs and start looking for terrorists. Dennis Miller made a similar point. He said "Every 10th person is singled out. We are not at war with every 10th person" Its time for profliling. In the words of my husband "deal with it"

Well stated Chanel. The big problem is for those that fly all of the time and are subject to X-Ray Scanners. That effect is cumulative.

Profiling is the dumbest policy we can adopt.

Which would be basically looking for middle eastern men wearing Islamic types of clothes.

That would just signal to potential hijackers not to use arab looking men dressed in Islamic types of dress..

Which would be basically looking for middle eastern men wearing Islamic types of clothes.

That would just signal to potential hijackers not to use arab looking men dressed in Islamic types of dress..

At this point, the best way to get explosives on a plane is to look like and dress like a Muslim man. With restrictions on profiling, there seems to be a conscious effort not to scan the very demographic responsible for the vast majority of terrorist acts.
Now Muslim women want to be excluded from full body scans Great fucking idea! I tell you what. Next time I board an airplane with a person in a hajib, I'll be telling the stewardess that I heard them talking about a bomb.

Why would we do that? It would make more sense to look for Middle Eastern men wearing Western clothes, the same way the hijackers did. If they wore Islamic clothes, whatever you think that is, they would not be trying to blend in and look innocent and westernized, so we could give them a pass.

They will be made exempt, and if not the Muslim's will cry foul 'racism' and 'oppression', and run around suing people. Better not to enhance security, if all it means is more hassle for virtually no benefit.

Last edited:
Published: Friday, April 02, 2010, 7:16 PM Updated: Friday, April 02, 2010, 7:21 PM

The U.S. government is refining its terror-screening policy to focus on specific terror threats and not travelers' nationalities.

The new policy replaces a security requirement put in place after the attempted bombing of a jetliner en route to Detroit on Christmas Day that singled out people from 14 countries that have been home to terrorists. It also expands the pool of foreign travelers targeted for extra screening beyond those whose names are on a U.S. terror watch list.

Share 15 Comments The changes, announced Friday by the Homeland Security Department, come after a three-month review of counterterrorism policies ordered by President Barack Obama in the wake of the near-miss attack.

Officials hope the new procedures will close a dangerous security gap that that allegedly allowed Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab to board a Detroit-bound airplane in Amsterdam with a bomb hidden in his underwear.

It should also significantly decrease the number of innocent travelers from the 14 countries who have been inconvenienced by the extra screening, said a senior administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive security issues.

The countries that had been affected include Afghanistan, Algeria, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Under the refined policy, a person traveling to the U.S. would be stopped if he or she fits a specific description of a potential terrorist provided by U.S. intelligence officials — even if the suspect's name is unknown.

Currently, passengers' names are compared to names on U.S. terror watch lists. If air carriers have a potential match to a watch list, the passenger is either banned from flying to the U.S. or subjected to extra screening such as a full-body pat-down before boarding the airplane.

For example, if the U.S. has intelligence about a Nigerian man between the ages of 22 and 32 whom officials believe is a threat or a known terrorist, under the new policy all Nigerian men within that age range would receive extra screening before they are allowed to fly to the U.S.

If intelligence later shows that the suspect is not a terrorist, the extra screening for others matching the description would be lifted........

Profiling policy eliminated as new security checks set for airport travelers to US | MLive.com

This advisory implies that Muslim women have a choice on how the patdown is performed, which they don't. Fuck 'em.

This advisory implies that Muslim women have a choice on how the patdown is performed, which they don't. Fuck 'em.

It is so much more than that though, if you watch the news. You don't get to do redo's with Security Breaches, that's a given, we need to find a way that is more humane, to Everybody. Public Humility, Body Invasion, should not even be issues. There is a right way, and a wrong way. Too many horror stories, from Every demographic.

Forum List

Back