Breaking News: Supreme Court Refuses to Stop Enforcement of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
This is excellent news. The Military is alot stronger without queers, It is very demoralizing for the troops to have gays openly serve. Sarah Palin is one who understand's this and knows that our military needs to be as strong as it can be to deter any threats. Obama on the other hand doesn't since he had a affair with Larry Sinclair, a openly homosexual.

This is excellent news. The Military is alot stronger without queers, It is very demoralizing for the troops to have gays openly serve. Sarah Palin is one who understand's this and knows that our military needs to be as strong as it can be to deter any threats. Obama on the other hand doesn't since he had a affair with Larry Sinclair, a openly homosexual.

Call me stupid, but if they can serve bravely without anyone knowing they're gay why can't they do it openly? I know I'm simple but I don't get it. They just need to open the barracks up and go bi-sexual then everyone is happy. Everyone.

Call me stupid, but if they can serve bravely without anyone knowing they're gay why can't they do it openly?
Apparently they're more paranoid when they knew who the gay ones are.

They prefer to roll the dice in the showers and wonder whether the guy next to them might be gay.

Not that anyone's said or done anything inappropriate or unbecoming, but reality doesn't matter here.

Don't ask don't tell. pfft. Fucking Clinton. I can't believe in 2010 the Male species has not evolved to such a point where this would cause some geeky chauvenistic insecurities, STILL.

Call me stupid, but if they can serve bravely without anyone knowing they're gay why can't they do it openly? I know I'm simple but I don't get it. They just need to open the barracks up and go bi-sexual then everyone is happy. Everyone.

Willow, the simple fact is that BOTH sides are making this into a bigger deal than it is.

On one side you have the idiots who think that allowing gays to openly serve is suddenly going to result in an influx of "flamers" who are going to be wearing pink cammies and drooling after every guy they see. These folks refuse to recognize that the UCMJ has adequate penalties to deter anyone from acting in a manner which reflects badly on the military whether they be gay or straight.

On the other side you have the idiots who refuse to acknowledge the very real fact that no one is being persecuted by being asked to keep their gayness to themselves. The fact is most people don't want their buddies heterosexualness thrown in their faces either. So they are treating gays as equals in that regards.

I get tired of these folks comparing this to desegregation of the military , it's not the same thing at all, and spits on the struggles blacks have made to become equal. But at the same time I'm sick of people who act as if they have an absolute right to join the military if they want. No you don't. Joining the military is a privelege that you must qualify for, if the standard is that you be 6' tall then that's the standard, if the standard is you weigh no more than 220 lbs then that is the standard, if the standard is that you keep your mouth shut if you're gay, then that's the standard. .

This is an issue that will never be agreed upon, not ever. So DADT may not be "fair" but little in the military is, and DADT works. There should be some modifications though. No one should be kicked out because some rat fink outed them. Being "outed" should have to rise to the level of embarrassing the military before a discharge is effected. IOW if you're wearing half your uniform and parading around in a gay pride parade, goodbye military career. If some idiot sees you holding hands with your gay partner at a quiet dinner, nothing said.

God you are a dipshit.

Obviously illiterate too.

The SCOTUS hasn't weighed in on this issue definitively, they are just allowing the DOD to maintain the status quo while the government put's it's appeal together.

I agree with the decision.

The time has come to do away with DADT, but it needs to be at the hands of more than a single federal judge's ruling.

No, it's cotton pickin good that we don't have gays to serve. They are demoralizing to the welfare of the military and nation.

No, anyone who serves has a pair. It's just your insecurity about someone being "different" that demoralizes ME, as a MAN, that my fellow MEN, are such insecure fucking pussies.

What's a gay guy who's willing to die for you, going to do? Bite you? Booh! Jesus fucking christ you're lame.

God you are a dipshit.

Obviously illiterate too.

The SCOTUS hasn't weighed in on this issue definitively, they are just allowing the DOD to maintain the status quo while the government put's it's appeal together.

I agree with the decision.

The time has come to do away with DADT, but it needs to be at the hands of more than a single federal judge's ruling.

Agreed, this was the right decision by the SCOTUS. I'm not sure I agree about ending DADT though.

Forum List

Back