Should midnight movie premieres be brought to an end now?

Should midnight movie premieres be brought to an end?

• Total voters

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Forgive me if this chat is not in the right spot of this forum, but after what happened in Colorado, I think that midnight movie premieres should be a thing of the past now. People weren't missing out on anything before they started happening anyways. Waiting until 8 AM at least to see a new film wouldn't be all that much of a torture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I know that things can still happen during the day, but when it is night fall, the darkness will only help those who choose to "stir things up" get away.

No, midnight premieres are fine with me, but they should probably have more security at that time of night.

what kind of dumb ass question is this? So no movies after 5 in the winter aye?

Some yahoo on fux said that costumes and masks should be banned at theaters as well.

Because, as we all know, guns don't kill people. Movies and costumes kill people.

Some yahoo on fux said that costumes and masks should be banned at theaters as well.

Because, as we all know, guns don't kill people. Movies and costumes kill people.

I will just jump in and say right now that we should ban cinemas, because clearly this wouldn't have happened if there were no cinemas...:clap2:

Forgive me if this chat is not in the right spot of this forum, but after what happened in Colorado, I think that midnight movie premieres should be a thing of the past now. People weren't missing out on anything before they started happening anyways. Waiting until 8 AM at least to see a new film wouldn't be all that much of a torture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I know that things can still happen during the day, but when it is night fall, the darkness will only help those who choose to "stir things up" get away.

No. No new rules please. There are enough rules as it is.

I wouldn't go to a midnight showing myself, but if other people want to, why not.

Nope! If you own a theater and it's your business, you've invested your money in it, you should be left alone to make your own decisions on how to run it.

^^^ True, but to me having late night film premieres is just another way to set yourself up for a major lawsuit should anything go wrong and in my humble opinion, it isn't worth it.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I'll never understand the thinking that because one person went deadly nuts at A midnight screening, after all the many perfectly safe ones that have been shown, that any serious consideration would be given to bringing them to an end.

About the only way to be 100% safe from the world's kooks is to barricade yourself in your home, and if that's what you want so be it. The rest of us will go on with our lives and not cower to the madness of one individual's mind.

^^^ That right there is just it. If it was just one individual, they would have been out of the picture a long time ago. The sad reality is that there are crazy people everywhere. Do you remember the guy who opened fire at that college in Blacksburg, Virginia a few years ago and made himself the final fatality?

God bless you and every person that he impacted always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

Forum List

Back