Should men be allowed to be stay-at-home parents?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Given that rates of child molestation are higher in regards to men, than women, I'm skeptical that society should encourage men to be "stay at home parents", unless it is otherwise unavoidable, what would you say on the subject.

I'd venture a woman is more naturally inclined to be superior at such an endeavor, as evidenced in the animal kingdom as well, so all other factors equal, the woman, rather than the man should be viewed as the rightful caretaker, such as in child custody settlements, particularly if allegations of sexual abuse are a factor, since statistics and the biological realties these are based on indicate that the man, rather than the woman, would be more inclined to it, which are law naturally and thankfully considers, instead of childish and archaic pleas for "egalitarianism", even at the expense of reality and the safety of children.

wow. just freakin' wow. were you molested as a child? seems like you are overly obsessed with this subject.

As long as they aren't democrats or muslims.
Yep your dumb ass inclinations would be wrong. Major study conducted throught the eighties and nineties initiated by Judge Alan Travis found that children of single parent homes were much better off if that parent was dad. You were 99 times more likely to go to prison if mom was primary care giver.

wow. just freakin' wow. were you molested as a child? seems like you are overly obsessed with this subject.
i certainly was. All child molesters should be executed immediately.

Yep your dumb ass inclinations would be wrong. Major study conducted throught the eighties and nineties initiated by Judge Alan Travis found that children of single parent homes were much better off if that parent was dad. You were 99 times more likely to go to prison if mom was primary care giver.
Bullshit studies by lying democrats assisting child molesters.

i certainly was. All child molesters should be executed immediately.

if that is true, i hope you sought help & got it. as for child molesters - i would like to see them castrated & bleed out. a quick execution would be too kind.

Bullshit studies by lying democrats assisting child molesters.
Go fuck your self mike judge travis was a rep[ublican. ZzCowardly little bitch! Still carying that 22 there little boy?

Given that rates of child molestation are higher in regards to men, than women, I'm skeptical that society should encourage men to be "stay at home parents", unless it is otherwise unavoidable, what would you say on the subject.

I'd venture a woman is more naturally inclined to be superior at such an endeavor, as evidenced in the animal kingdom as well, so all other factors equal, the woman, rather than the man should be viewed as the rightful caretaker, such as in child custody settlements, particularly if allegations of sexual abuse are a factor, since statistics and the biological realties these are based on indicate that the man, rather than the woman, would be more inclined to it, which are law naturally and thankfully considers, instead of childish and archaic pleas for "egalitarianism", even at the expense of reality and the safety of children.
Sure, why NOT? My brother, for instance, was a MUCH better parent to his three daughters than the mother was. His girls NEVER got hurt under his supervision, while one of the girls almost drowned in their swimming pool and one sustained a broken arm (we think the mother probably did it, it was blamed on her sister) happened under the mother's supervision. Also, the mother was witnessed by neighbors pulling one of her daughters BY THE HAIR and dragging her that way into the house. Yep, the mother was and probably still is, a real psycho. Thank GOD she and my brother divorced after about 9-10 years of marriage. All three of the girls are wonderful, pleasant, well-adjusted adults now, I think due in large part to my brother's parenting.

Well first off, if the man is willing and desires to engage in child abuse, then he is going to find a way to do it, whether he's a stay-at-home parent or not.

That said, I don't think it is inherently impossible for a man to be better at keeping a home, than a women. However it is unlikely.

Men typically have no problem living in a level of disorganization, that would drive a typical woman insane.
They are less likely to clean. Less likely to do laundry. As long as there is still a clean pair of underwear left in the house, why bother doing laundry?

Women generally are more interested in keeping the home. Why that is true, I don't know, but it is.

The only real negative I see in the reversal, is the attitude of the woman actually. As much as many women say they would love their husband to stay at home, and clean, cook, and do chores around the house.... My experience is, that women whose husbands stay at home, do not respect their husbands.

In public, yeah they are all for it. But in reality, they seem to look down on men who sit at home and do nothing.

Now I'm not talking about society. I'm talking about the woman actually in the home. You see these chicks on Talk shows, saying how brave and wonderful it is for men to be in traditional women's roles... but none of those talking heads are married to such men.

You talk to the women who are actually married to a guy that stays at home, and precious few have anything go to say about their supposedly brave husband breaking the stereotype.

Sure, why NOT? My brother, for instance, was a MUCH better parent to his three daughters than the mother was. His girls NEVER got hurt under his supervision, while one of the girls almost drowned in their swimming pool and one sustained a broken arm (we think the mother probably did it, it was blamed on her sister) happened under the mother's supervision. Also, the mother was witnessed by neighbors pulling one of her daughters BY THE HAIR and dragging her that way into the house. Yep, the mother was and probably still is, a real psycho. Thank GOD she and my brother divorced after about 9-10 years of marriage. All three of the girls are wonderful, pleasant, well-adjusted adults now, I think due in large part to my brother's parenting.
Those are the acts committed by her and seen. Imagine what was not seen and also wonder about the types of men mommy broguht home to meet the children.

we thought having one parent home was the best way to raise our kid & i was a stay at home mom only because my earning power wasn't as good as my husband's, so it was an easy decision. if my paycheck was larger - then he would have stayed home.

Well first off, if the man is willing and desires to engage in child abuse, then he is going to find a way to do it, whether he's a stay-at-home parent or not.

That said, I don't think it is inherently impossible for a man to be better at keeping a home, than a women. However it is unlikely.

Men typically have no problem living in a level of disorganization, that would drive a typical woman insane.
They are less likely to clean. Less likely to do laundry. As long as there is still a clean pair of underwear left in the house, why bother doing laundry?

Women generally are more interested in keeping the home. Why that is true, I don't know, but it is.

The only real negative I see in the reversal, is the attitude of the woman actually. As much as many women say they would love their husband to stay at home, and clean, cook, and do chores around the house.... My experience is, that women whose husbands stay at home, do not respect their husbands.

In public, yeah they are all for it. But in reality, they seem to look down on men who sit at home and do nothing.

Now I'm not talking about society. I'm talking about the woman actually in the home. You see these chicks on Talk shows, saying how brave and wonderful it is for men to be in traditional women's roles... but none of those talking heads are married to such men.

You talk to the women who are actually married to a guy that stays at home, and precious few have anything go to say about their supposedly brave husband breaking the stereotype.

i am all for whoever makes more money to go out & earn it.

Those are the acts committed by her and seen. Imagine what was not seen and also wonder about the types of men mommy broguht home to meet the children.
You are totally correct. Somehow, the mother was granted custody of the girls and my brother could only see them on the weekends. Amazingly, all three girls grew up to be wonderful, caring adults. Again, I'm convinced this is due to the time my brother DID have with them.

As far as the law itself is concerned, I don't think this is relevant, given that the legal institution itself is quite pragmatic in its assessments.

Child-rearing is a partnership..best served when both parents go with their strengths. Some Dad's are ideal stay at home parents...others are not. The same applies to women. I think that women are better equipped by nature to nurture their children at home...but it is not a given.

When both parents share the role of home-body...over the course of raising their children--the kids are much more likely to be well adjusted..with the opportunity to model themselves from both parents.

Also..raising kids is one of the most satisfying things one can do in life....too many miss it due to work..or to adherence to antiquated ideas of proper 'roles'.

As for child molesters..well..they can be either sex---but I doubt that just because someone is a primary care giver it automatically raises the odds of them molesting their children.

As an earlier poster pointed out...Pedophiles will find ways to offend--and non-pedophiles are not going to be turned to the dark side..just because they are responsible for bath-time.

You actually think.

You actually think.
Damn, you ARE one DIM MOTHERFUCKER. Please get your sorry ass out of here if you have nothing that pertains to the thread topic. What a dumbass.

Forum List

Back