Should knives be legal?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Just wondering where everyone is on knifes. It makes for a nasty killing tool, and more silent than the gun tool at achieving the same job. It is harder to identify and doesn't need to be registered, can set in the open on the dash board or your belt, or hidden in your pocket. In the UK where guns are next to nonexistent, guns make up 11% of homicides, and knives are used in 66% of the cases. So regardless of laws, people just use tools that are available to them at the time.

Should this knife be illegal? It is 15" long, and would go completely through a person, reach the heart or sever the neck. If you slap your hands mildly together, that would be the sound you would hear as this knife went through you. It is so sharp you wouldn't know it entered until it was withdrawn. This particular knife is a legal import from Pakistan.

knife.jpg

Last edited:
Should we drive small smart cars instead of Trucks or SUV's because they're too big and would pose danger on the road?

I think you have a valid question, but lets see what the response is to knives. I am just curious as you to see how far some people will go in banning tools. I have never killed anyone with that knife, and not with any of my personal guns & rifles, or car, etc. I don't even hunt because I feel an animal does not have an equal chance at defending itself. Nam seemed like equal footing in the hunt to me. Yet, you watch, someone here will want to take my knife away.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
I understand England also has laws on knives as well.

Hmm, I didn't know that, but it makes sense, because once these people start taking tools, there is no end to it. We will be back to eating meat off the carcass. LOL!

What part of right to bear arms is difficult to understand?

When I look at the amass of gun laws, I ask the same question.:cuckoo: And I seem to see rightwingers wanting to make exceptions. Don't they know that is how gun laws started? Matt Dillion, a point in question, leave your guns at the Marshalls office. Now they want them to go to a foot locker downtown or some such BS. A little at a time they are winning, when we should be demanding daily the 2nd be restored, tying up congress with legislation, voting them out if they oppose the 2nd, sticking "I don't own a gun" signs on neighbor's lawns & cars. GRRRRRRRRR. LOL! Get tough on the 2nd

Last edited:
I like mine better. It's a Case XX Bowie knife, an easy handling 14" long, sharp enough to shave with, and I pity the poor bastard that tries to take it and tell me I can't own it anymore.

casexxxbowieknife.jpg

Last edited:

They also have a much smaller murder rate than the US by any "tool"

When they banned automatics in CA, within a week a guy was bludgeoned to death with a base ball bat at a city park. If the only weapon I have available for the criminal is my fist, he is still going to die. And I don't think anti-knivers understand the philosophy of that. It is not the tool, it's the man, and all the laws in the world will not stop a murderer.

I like mine better. It's a Case XX Bowie knife, an easy handling 14" long, sharp enough to shave with, and I pity the poor bastard that tries to take it and tell me I can't own it anymore.

casexxxbowieknife.jpg

That is really a nice knife. They only other large knife I have is an Asian machete. Packed for my move. I'm not one to pack around a knife, but have a lot of hand size knifes. My lil toad stabber is a knife my brother gave me before he died, with a 2" blade. I carry it for sentimental reasons, and it comes in handy here and there. I guess when you consider 911 was done with box knives, a lil knife can be deadly.

I think knives are a women's favorite killing tool. I never hear them talking about them, even though they spend all their time in the kitchen around them.

California, unless I am mistaken outlawed any blade over like 2 inches. And Obama's justice department wanted to outlaw any folding blade of any kind. As well as length and size.

Just wondering where everyone is on knifes. It makes for a nasty killing tool, and more silent than the gun tool at achieving the same job. It is harder to identify and doesn't need to be registered, can set in the open on the dash board or your belt, or hidden in your pocket. In the UK where guns are next to nonexistent, guns make up 11% of homicides, and knives are used in 66% of the cases. So regardless of laws, people just use tools that are available to them at the time.

Should this knife be illegal? It is 15" long, and would go completely through a person, reach the heart or sever the neck. If you slap your hands mildly together, that would be the sound you would hear as this knife went through you. It is so sharp you wouldn't know it entered until it was withdrawn. This particular knife is a legal import from Pakistan.

knife.jpg

In the UK where guns are next to nonexistent, guns make up 11% of homicides

Interesting a country that hardly has any guns still have homicides with guns.

How many people live in Great Britian? How many people live in the Good ol'e gun toten U.S. of .A?

Even so guns as was mentioned earlier are nonexistent yet people are still being killed with a gun.

They have a lower murder rate period. Of course they have a much more homogenous population and they have around 1/6th the population so there are fewer rats vying for the food so to speak.

However, the US is #24 on the international murder meter

GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

knife.jpg

Shit s0n...........did you grow up in a thatched cottage? HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!:eek:

Talk about beyond gone!!!

27_2545284-25.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back