Should It Be Illegal For Teachers To Push Their Politics On Their Students?

How about rather than making more laws interfering with education we just get the government out of the way and allow parents to decide whether the education their children are receiving is suitable, and if not allow them to find a school that is to their standards?

You are correct Sir!

It would indeed much better to give parents much greater freedom in the use of their tax dollars for the education of their children in the publicly accredited school of their choice.

Even better would be eliminating the taxes that people have to pay for education, and allowing parents to pay the school of their choice for the service of educating their child.

You ought to TRY to teaching history without also having a POV.

Go ahead show us how that's done, please.

Give US one of your history lessons that is entirely ideologiocally neutral.

Show us how its done, please.

There is a difference between having a point of view (everybody with a working brain who isn't too lazy should have one) and really slanting your teaching in an explicit way (which one should avoid).

Obviously there is no such thing as absolute objectivity (maybe in mathematics, and even then). But that doesn't mean one should cross the line into propaganda.

You ought to TRY to teaching history without also having a POV.

Go ahead show us how that's done, please.

Give US one of your history lessons that is entirely ideologiocally neutral.

Show us how its done, please.

Or any other class.

How about rather than making more laws interfering with education we just get the government out of the way and allow parents to decide whether the education their children are receiving is suitable, and if not allow them to find a school that is to their standards?

You are correct Sir!

It would indeed much better to give parents much greater freedom in the use of their tax dollars for the education of their children in the publicly accredited school of their choice.

Absolutely get the government all the way out of it.
No govt money, you have children? Take personal responsibility and you pay for raising and educating them.

You are correct Sir!

Even better would be eliminating the taxes that people have to pay for education, and allowing parents to pay the school of their choice for the service of educating their child.

I can't agree with you there. It is legitimate that people are taxed so there can be a quality education for everybody. But within such a system, parents should be able to choose the school where their child spends those tax dollars.

You are correct Sir!

Absolutely get the government all the way out of it.
No govt money, you have children? Take personal responsibility and you pay for raising and educating them.

So all state universities should be closed down?

Does that mean ("no excuse for pushing political agendas") that prayer is properly restricted and that you oppose the Pledge of Allegiance? BTW, who put "Under God" into the Pledge? Oh yeah, politicians.

You are correct Sir!

I can't agree with you there. It is legitimate that people are taxed so there can be a quality education for everybody. But within such a system, parents should be able to choose the school where their child spends those tax dollars.

Monopolies don't allow for much choice.

Yea I know what you all mean.

My son has a whack job right winger for a teacher. I get so tired of pointing out to my son how full of shit this teacher is.

But I do it because that is my job.
That's interesting.

What kind of rightwing nonsense is he exposing youir kid to?

Does it matter? You're the one that wants to make it illegal.

I'm not pleading for a monopoly.

Already have that.

They call them private schools.

I hereby officially protest the conservative biases in the insurance and banking industries.

I demand that they become more LIBERAL!

You are correct Sir!

Vouchers? Yes but only the school tax dollars they paid in.

Already have that.

They call them private schools.

Yes, private schools that must be sanctioned to operate by their competition, the government, and because of the government's restrictions in the education market must also charge a ridiculous amount of money. In a competitive free market the price of education would go down, and there'd be a lot more choice.

If you want the government to provide education that's a monopoly.

That is not what I said. I want the government to keep raising the necessary revenue so education remains affordable for everyone, but I want parents to be able to decide at what school their children are educated.

Do you want to close down all state universities and all public schools?

Vouchers? Yes but only the school tax dollars they paid in.

So the children of somebody who is unemployed have no right to an education?

If you want the government to provide education that's a monopoly.

That is not what I said. I want the government to keep raising the necessary revenue so education remains affordable for everyone, but I want parents to be able to decide at what school their children are educated.

Do you want to close down all state universities and all public schools?

No, that's not what you said, but it's an implication of what you said. The free market leads to lower prices, so if you want education to become affordable, because it's certainly not now, then you should want the government to get out of the education business completely. As long as they're involved they'll be maintaining a monopoly, and monopolies lead to higher prices and stagnation.

Do I want to close them down? Not necessarily. I simply want them to cease to be state universities and public schools.

Forum List

Back