Should I Bother with Facebook?

Facebook is totally my crack. I keep in touch with friends that way. You'd be surprised how many people there are at the 20 year mark that are pretty damn fun to talk to.

You have a lot in common with 20 year olds? I know they're nice to look at but a lot of them are still finding themselves.

I suppose they're of legal age and that's what counts.

It saves me from having to consider going to my 10 year high school reunion. I can keep in touch with people I actually liked via Facebook, and I never have to go back to that shithole again.

Also, the chat feature is nice for me to talk to my buddy who's stationed in Japan in the Air Force.

I feel old...

Don't think of yourself as old, just think of me as very, very young. :)

Also realize that my 10 year reunion is still 3 years away. :p

In reality it's just an ego-site, used by people with low self esteem to massage their small brains. USMB is more of a community than any of the "social networking" sites.

Also remember, online friendships don't mean more than the bits they are stored on, hit the reset button and they vanish just like that. Real friendship requires actually socializing with the person not just posting crap online.

No it's not dingbat. All my family is registered there. I like to drop in each evening to see what they have written to me and to each other. it's a great way to keep in touch share news and photos and in general what's going on..

How is it people who spend so much time online have time for pictures?

doh deee doh doh doh!

*pictures someone so fat the chair they are sitting on in front of the computer is part of them using photoshopped pics to make them look like they did back in high school so no one will know*

says the person who isn't allowed to be around human beings. :lol:

Odd ... never said I wasn't allowed to, I just can't stand them. Also, the forests are quite beautiful when there are no humans around to fuck them up.

I'm coming with my matches and gas can. All 180 lbs of me. :tongue:

*pictures someone so fat the chair they are sitting on in front of the computer is part of them using photoshopped pics to make them look like they did back in high school so no one will know*

Odd ... never said I wasn't allowed to, I just can't stand them. Also, the forests are quite beautiful when there are no humans around to fuck them up.

I can't stand human beings, either. You rock!

and I assume a squirrel told you that ?:lol:

i say no but i say that never having been on facebook....many employers look at facebook and then decline to hire your ass over something posted as a joke between friends...i just think it gives strangers another way to get to ya....but i also think it can be used against you

i say no but i say that never having been on facebook....many employers look at facebook and then decline to hire your ass over something posted as a joke between friends...i just think it gives strangers another way to get to ya....but i also think it can be used against you

Really? Employers go so far as to look at Facebook?

I better retrieve those nudie pics right now!

Last edited:
What is the big attraction on facebook that's so much better than myspace, or yahoo messenger?

What is the big attraction on facebook that's so much better than myspace, or yahoo messenger?

its not like messenger, b/c it's not predominently used for im'ing.

it's older people than myspace... so better for the adult types, as opposed to the teens/twenty-somethings.

OK... and what is this I've heard that once you open an account, there is no way to delete it? That isn't good.

its not like messenger, b/c it's not predominently used for im'ing.

it's older people than myspace... so better for the adult types, as opposed to the teens/twenty-somethings.

OK... and what is this I've heard that once you open an account, there is no way to delete it? That isn't good.

you can delete it

Forum List

Back