Should I Bother with Facebook?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I got snagged into signing up because someone I know put up some photos. Now, I'm getting friendship requests and people signing on my wall...

I can't think of anyone that I would possibly want to look up, but who knows?

Is it worth it?

Also, there's the other factor that whatever is posted is there for perpetuity...

I got snagged into signing up because someone I know put up some photos. Now, I'm getting friendship requests and people signing on my wall...

Is it worth it?

Also, there's the other factor that whatever is posted is there for perpetuity...

It's been worth it to me. Having gone to High School in Okinawa and Hawaii I lost touch with a lot of friends. I also have nephews on there who I can keep in touch with. They have privacy setting so you can block whoever you want.

Facebook is totally my crack. I keep in touch with friends that way. You'd be surprised how many people there are at the 20 year mark that are pretty damn fun to talk to.

Facebook is totally my crack. I keep in touch with friends that way. You'd be surprised how many people there are at the 20 year mark that are pretty damn fun to talk to.

You have a lot in common with 20 year olds? I know they're nice to look at but a lot of them are still finding themselves.

damn it's incredibly addictive. Good thing I can operate with more restraint than you do.
I'm contacting people I haven't seen in 40 years but then again--I knew a lot of babies in the nursery.

It saves me from having to consider going to my 10 year high school reunion. I can keep in touch with people I actually liked via Facebook, and I never have to go back to that shithole again.

Also, the chat feature is nice for me to talk to my buddy who's stationed in Japan in the Air Force.

Last edited:

damn it's incredibly addictive. Good thing I can operate with more restraint than you do.
I'm contacting people I haven't seen in 40 years but then again--I knew a lot of babies in the nursery.

Yeah, I bet!

It saves me from having to consider going to my 10 year high school reunion. I can keep in touch with people I actually liked via Facebook, and I never have to go back to that shithole again.

Also, the chat feature is nice for me to talk to my buddy who's stationed in Japan in the Air Force.

I feel old...

Is it worth it?

In reality it's just an ego-site, used by people with low self esteem to massage their small brains. USMB is more of a community than any of the "social networking" sites.

Also remember, online friendships don't mean more than the bits they are stored on, hit the reset button and they vanish just like that. Real friendship requires actually socializing with the person not just posting crap online.

I feel old...

Shh ... it's not old, it's realism ... wish I had the link but someone posted something great once, it says:

Outside

The new MMORPG from the creators of the smash-hit "IRL"

Is it worth it?

In reality it's just an ego-site, used by people with low self esteem to massage their small brains. USMB is more of a community than any of the "social networking" sites.

Also remember, online friendships don't mean more than the bits they are stored on, hit the reset button and they vanish just like that. Real friendship requires actually socializing with the person not just posting crap online.

Facespace, Youbook, Mytube and all the other "social networking" sites are dangerous. The geek in the back of the room may have just found you, and is ready to "find" you.

Meh. The internet is cool; don't worry about stalkers.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Is it worth it?

Facespace, Youbook, Mytube and all the other "social networking" sites are dangerous. The geek in the back of the room may have just found you, and is ready to "find" you.

Meh. The internet is cool; don't worry about stalkers.....

That is wrong to, it's only as dangerous as you let it be. Anyone giving their address, real name, phone number, etc. to others without good reason (purchases from ligit businesses) regardless of how (online, phone, even in person) is just asking to be fucked over. Hell, the only person I know IRL who even has a clue who I am online is my best friend ... but she doesn't go online much so she forgets a lot.

I live far away from where I grew up and I've been able to reconnect with a lot of people whom I hadn't seen in 20 years through Facebook.

Plus, I can flirt with old girlfriends...:eusa_angel:

I just joined Facebook a few weeks ago. A bunch of the teachers in my building belong, and begged me to join. I'm like, "No way, it's for a bunch of kids!"

Now I love it, we get on at night and talk about all sorts of things we don't have the chance to do at school, and also some friends from high school found me. I hadn't talked to them in a million years, it was great to catch up with them!

It saves me from having to consider going to my 10 year high school reunion.

That's how I think about it - a virtual high school reunion.

*pictures someone so fat the chair they are sitting on in front of the computer is part of them using photoshopped pics to make them look like they did back in high school so no one will know*

says the person who isn't allowed to be around human beings. :lol:

That's how I think about it - a virtual high school reunion.

*pictures someone so fat the chair they are sitting on in front of the computer is part of them using photoshopped pics to make them look like they did back in high school so no one will know*

says the person who isn't allowed to be around human beings. :lol:

Odd ... never said I wasn't allowed to, I just can't stand them. Also, the forests are quite beautiful when there are no humans around to fuck them up.

Is it worth it?

No it's not dingbat. All my family is registered there. I like to drop in each evening to see what they have written to me and to each other. it's a great way to keep in touch share news and photos and in general what's going on..

Is it worth it?

No it's not dingbat. All my family is registered there. I like to drop in each evening to see what they have written to me and to each other. it's a great way to keep in touch share news and photos and in general what's going on..

How is it people who spend so much time online have time for pictures?

Forum List

Back