Should House Democrats Investigate Trump?

Should House Democrats Investigate Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
Let’s open it and see what is inside. Why the wait?
I agree. Let's open it. The wait is because mueller hasn't released it yet, unless I've missed some of the news.

Once the report is released, then we can either condemn or exonerate trump. My point is, let's not convict him until we know.
You know as well as I know that the left will never exonerate Trump.
They have started to downplay the mueller probe in anticipation of it being a nothing burger. That is why they have got a group to go fishing looking for a crime to investigate.

uh - no. the house said that if the report isn't released - they will subpoena mueller... that kinda says the opposite.
For what crime? Shouldn't be a hard question for you.

who said anything about a crime? if mueller is subpoenaed, he cannot disobey & will hafta answer questions about what is in the report. & that's even if the AG wants him to refrain from doing so....

mueller investigation

Schiff: 'We will bring Bob Mueller in to testify' if report not made public
By QUINT FORGEY
02/24/2019 09:46 AM EST

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff on Sunday threatened to call Robert Mueller to Capitol Hill and subpoena his investigative findings if Attorney General William Barr does not make public the special counsel’s highly anticipated report.

“We will obviously subpoena the report. We will bring Bob Mueller in to testify before Congress. We will take it to court if necessary,” Schiff told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week.”

“In the end, I think the Department [of Justice] understands they’re going to have to make this public. I think Barr will ultimately understand that, as well,” Schiff said.
[...]

duh.
So it really is just a fishing expedition. :auiqs.jpg:
Yes.

Time to investigate Trump at the Congressional level, with a more skeptical eye than the Republicans had used earlier in their pro forma.
What crime? Or, just to investigate something....anything? What a clown, Kondor
Probable cause... pick a subtopic... or two... or ten... but not to worry... the House will handle it... :21:
Yep, the definition of insanity comes to mind.

Ok, but my premise still stands. The left was talking impeachment before trump was actually inaugurated. When the house regained a majority, they vowed for more investigations. It has been clear since trump was elected that this has always about removing him from office.

I just think over time, even the left will grow tired of the continual attacks and investigations, especially if, time after time, they keep coming up empty handed.

not true. you don't know how much info they have other than what they have allowed to go public. anything classified isn't revealed for good reason. & the fact that they aren't finished yet (due to the (R) majority closing it down before all info was gathered ) kinda blows your opinion right to hell.

And, the left doesnt know what info is out there either. They can speculate, and they can listen to what MSM thinks, but nobody knows. Most of what you are hearing now is that the mueller investigation likely hasn't got anything, nothing considered a smoking gun anyway. We just have to wait for the report and see. It may be that they do have incriminating evidence, or they may not.

Also, what Republican has shut down the mueller investigation? Ot has been allowed to run ots course. Nobody has shut it down.

Aside from that, the premise of my point was simply that this has never been about justice. It has always been about removing trump.

And, the left doesnt know what info is out there either.

some info is out there - the guilty pleas, the russian indictments...

They can speculate, and they can listen to what MSM thinks, but nobody knows.

oh please.... every intel agency we have is screaming that russia interfered & experts are saying the same based on what we DO know. who's not listening to them are the propagandists on FOX, limbaugh, brietbart, gateway pundit, american thinker, etc etc etc....

Most of what you are hearing now is that the mueller investigation likely hasn't got anything, nothing considered a smoking gun anyway.

what? i haven't heard anything even close to that. is that what your talking head pundits are suggesting?

We just have to wait for the report and see. It may be that they do have incriminating evidence, or they may not.

yep.

Also, what Republican has shut down the mueller investigation? Ot has been allowed to run ots course. Nobody has shut it down.

i didn't say they shut down the special councel... i said the (R)s shut down their investigations when they had the house. oh- devon is so tied up in this....

Aside from that, the premise of my point was simply that this has never been about justice. It has always been about removing trump.

:auiqs.jpg:
Nothing contained in the mueller report has been released and is not known. What you know is only what MSM has speculated on. The guilty pleas that have been going on had nothing to do with russia and as of yet, nothing to do with trump. They were all tax fraud and such.

This is what I'm talking about. You have him convicted already, and really dont know what is happening. The biggest problem is that the left had him convicted in their minds before he was even inaugurated.

All in saying is, why cant we simply wait for the evidence to come out before we judge him.

of course we wait for mueller & the outcomes of the intel, judiciary, oversight, & the ways & means committees as well. but my god, dude......... trump's orbit is chock full of people that aren't kosher.... to say the least. he has surrounded himself with the dregs of society, but people look the other way because of how much cash they have.

thinking bipeds that hold the court of public opinion know what's right in front of them based on what's already been happening.

flynn, gates, roger stone, papadopulous, cohen, manafort, corzi, jared, traitor tot, the russians in the oval office.... Natalia Veselnitskaya.... helsinki.... how much more 'coincidences' do you need to raise an eyebrow of suspician that things just don't look good for donny?
I'm not saying you are wrong, but, until you find the evidence on trump, it's just a run around. Trump may be guilty as hell, and he may very well get removed from office, but, just because those in his circle have gone to jail, doesnt mean trump is necessarily guilty of anything. That doesnt mean he isnt, but it means you cant judge one person by the acts of another.

Also, pretty much all the people in those high positions and in government, have shady histories. Perhaps these investigations brought all those sordid pasts out in regards to those who have been caught.

In not naive to say he's 100% innocent, but I am enough of a proponent of the law to say that you have to find the evidence, but at the same time, that doesnt mean we run endless investigations hunting for a crime.

You suspect Russian collusion, and you are investigating. You suspect some financial fraud, and you will investigate.

One question, however. What happens if after 2 to 4 years of constant investigations, and the left doesnt come up with anything? What will their answer be for all of the millions spent on those investigations and coming up empty handed, all the man hours spent chasing this?

I agree. Let's open it. The wait is because mueller hasn't released it yet, unless I've missed some of the news.

Once the report is released, then we can either condemn or exonerate trump. My point is, let's not convict him until we know.
They have started to downplay the mueller probe in anticipation of it being a nothing burger. That is why they have got a group to go fishing looking for a crime to investigate.

uh - no. the house said that if the report isn't released - they will subpoena mueller... that kinda says the opposite.

who said anything about a crime? if mueller is subpoenaed, he cannot disobey & will hafta answer questions about what is in the report. & that's even if the AG wants him to refrain from doing so....

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff on Sunday threatened to call Robert Mueller to Capitol Hill and subpoena his investigative findings if Attorney General William Barr does not make public the special counsel’s highly anticipated report.

“We will obviously subpoena the report. We will bring Bob Mueller in to testify before Congress. We will take it to court if necessary,” Schiff told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week.”

“In the end, I think the Department [of Justice] understands they’re going to have to make this public. I think Barr will ultimately understand that, as well,” Schiff said.
[...]

duh.
Yes.

Time to investigate Trump at the Congressional level, with a more skeptical eye than the Republicans had used earlier in their pro forma.
Probable cause... pick a subtopic... or two... or ten... but not to worry... the House will handle it... :21:

all trump has to do is cooperate & that would prove that he's a legit prez. but he won't.... 'cause he can't....

there is no fishing expedition. what you fail to realize is that it's congress' job to check & balance the executive branch; something that was lacking for the past 2 years.

best get used to it.

Last edited:
not true. you don't know how much info they have other than what they have allowed to go public. anything classified isn't revealed for good reason. & the fact that they aren't finished yet (due to the (R) majority closing it down before all info was gathered ) kinda blows your opinion right to hell.

And, the left doesnt know what info is out there either. They can speculate, and they can listen to what MSM thinks, but nobody knows. Most of what you are hearing now is that the mueller investigation likely hasn't got anything, nothing considered a smoking gun anyway. We just have to wait for the report and see. It may be that they do have incriminating evidence, or they may not.

oh please.... every intel agency we have is screaming that russia interfered & experts are saying the same based on what we DO know. who's not listening to them are the propagandists on FOX, limbaugh, brietbart, gateway pundit, american thinker, etc etc etc....

Most of what you are hearing now is that the mueller investigation likely hasn't got anything, nothing considered a smoking gun anyway.

what? i haven't heard anything even close to that. is that what your talking head pundits are suggesting?

We just have to wait for the report and see. It may be that they do have incriminating evidence, or they may not.

yep.

i didn't say they shut down the special councel... i said the (R)s shut down their investigations when they had the house. oh- devon is so tied up in this....

Nothing contained in the mueller report has been released and is not known. What you know is only what MSM has speculated on. The guilty pleas that have been going on had nothing to do with russia and as of yet, nothing to do with trump. They were all tax fraud and such.

This is what I'm talking about. You have him convicted already, and really dont know what is happening. The biggest problem is that the left had him convicted in their minds before he was even inaugurated.

All in saying is, why cant we simply wait for the evidence to come out before we judge him.

of course we wait for mueller & the outcomes of the intel, judiciary, oversight, & the ways & means committees as well. but my god, dude......... trump's orbit is chock full of people that aren't kosher.... to say the least. he has surrounded himself with the dregs of society, but people look the other way because of how much cash they have.

thinking bipeds that hold the court of public opinion know what's right in front of them based on what's already been happening.

flynn, gates, roger stone, papadopulous, cohen, manafort, corzi, jared, traitor tot, the russians in the oval office.... Natalia Veselnitskaya.... helsinki.... how much more 'coincidences' do you need to raise an eyebrow of suspician that things just don't look good for donny?
I'm not saying you are wrong, but, until you find the evidence on trump, it's just a run around. Trump may be guilty as hell, and he may very well get removed from office, but, just because those in his circle have gone to jail, doesnt mean trump is necessarily guilty of anything. That doesnt mean he isnt, but it means you cant judge one person by the acts of another.

Also, pretty much all the people in those high positions and in government, have shady histories. Perhaps these investigations brought all those sordid pasts out in regards to those who have been caught.

In not naive to say he's 100% innocent, but I am enough of a proponent of the law to say that you have to find the evidence, but at the same time, that doesnt mean we run endless investigations hunting for a crime.

You suspect Russian collusion, and you are investigating. You suspect some financial fraud, and you will investigate.

One question, however. What happens if after 2 to 4 years of constant investigations, and the left doesnt come up with anything? What will their answer be for all of the millions spent on those investigations and coming up empty handed, all the man hours spent chasing this?

trump hired all these people... he's immersed in the same cesspool with them. he could have turned over his tax returns & save a lot of money investigating that aspect.

why hasn't he? & don't use the same bullshit excuse he has - that they are under audit.

now.... IF on the slim chance he comes outa this unscathed... then that will be the end of it. howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................. there is just too much 'there' to ignore & to do so would have been a grave mistake & a dereliction of duty on the part of congress.

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

[...]

duh.
Yes.

all trump has to do is cooperate & that would prove that he's a legit prez. but he won't.... 'cause he can't....

there is no fishing expedition. what you fail to realize is that it's congress' job to check & balance the executive branch; something that was lacking for the past 2 years.

best get used to it.
Cool story, brah....but that isn't the way it works. :auiqs.jpg:

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

[...]

duh.
Yes.

best get used to it.

:popcorn: SDNY is really, really, REALLY anxious to get donny from queens too, & he knows it...........

karma-hunts.jpg

Every single one of them should pull a Lois Lerner and plead the fifth.

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

[...]

duh.
Yes.

best get used to it.

No shee-yat.

I'll note that the Progs often claim that FASCISM is descending upon America, and yet it always lands in their agenda.

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

[...]

duh.
Yes.

best get used to it.
Yeah, but there is a difference between oversight and what congress is currently doing.

This is fishing, that is clear. The problem with denying that stems from the left, before he was inaugurated, trying to find ways to impeach trump. Then, Pelosi, once the dems regained power, saying there will multiple investigations. Then they sent out requests for documents from 81 people/companies.

It might have been perceived differently if, when the stories about trump came out, if the left had said "lets look into this and see what we find". That's not what they did. The very first narrative was "hes guilty", before any investigation was even started.

That is what started the notion that, for dems, this is about removing him, and not about finding justice.

It's understandable why people see this as fishing.

yep.

trump hired all these people... he's immersed in the same cesspool with them. he could have turned over his tax returns & save a lot of money investigating that aspect.

why hasn't he? & don't use the same bullshit excuse he has - that they are under audit.

now.... IF on the slim chance he comes outa this unscathed... then that will be the end of it. howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................. there is just too much 'there' to ignore & to do so would have been a grave mistake & a dereliction of duty on the part of congress.
But they do get audited,and it's not a bad excuse. Do you think that the IRS, under the Obama administration, would have let trump get away with illegal dealings if they found it? The point is, nothing will be seen from his tax records that the IRS doesn't already know.

Democrats have wiped out the entire Mueller investigation and are engaging in a redo investigating everyone they investigated last time. They are making the last two years a waste of money or this exercise a waste of money.

Between the insanity of unraveling the Mueller fiasco and the cost of care and feeding of the democrat pet invaders we will be bankrupt. Which is the goal of Cloward Piven all along.

mueller investigation

By QUINT FORGEY

[...]

duh.
Yes.

best get used to it.
Yeah, but there is a difference between oversight and what congress is currently doing.

This is fishing, that is clear. The problem with denying that stems from the left, before he was inaugurated, trying to find ways to impeach trump. Then, Pelosi, once the dems regained power, saying there will multiple investigations. Then they sent out requests for documents from 81 people/companies.

It might have been perceived differently if, when the stories about trump came out, if the left had said "lets look into this and see what we find". That's not what they did. The very first narrative was "hes guilty", before any investigation was even started.

That is what started the notion that, for dems, this is about removing him, and not about finding justice.

It's understandable why people see this as fishing.

only people who think that all the russian ties are a mere coincidence... like the people he hired... & his taxes bing 'under audit'... & his family getting security clearances... & 666 park ave getting a cash bailout.... & ivanka getting chinese clothing deals... & jared becoming buds with the murderous saudi prince...

yep.

But they do get audited,and it's not a bad excuse. Do you think that the IRS, under the Obama administration, would have let trump get away with illegal dealings if they found it? The point is, nothing will be seen from his tax records that the IRS doesn't already know.

nixon's taxes were under audit & that is no reason they cannot be turned over. AND people get caught with tax evasion & fraud all the time when it is found out AFTER IT HAPPENS. AOC... with all the slamming she gets... spent less than her 5 minute alotment asking perfect questions to get as much info she could re: trump's manipulation of cash flow to at least ask ... huh, maybe all is not kosher. that goes for insurance fraud too.

look at his foundation. was THAT a fishing expedition? it took how many years for the truth to come out.

Forum List

Back