Should GOP Primaries Be This Entertaining?

nicolondon

Oct 1, 2013
London
I've always taken a big interest in USA elections, try and follow all the debates but this GOP primary season has been compulsive viewing for all the wrong reasons.

Politics should really be a serious business but the GOP primaries have descended into entertainment. It's like Jerry Springer meets politics.

Even more surreal have been the Trump rallies which have been short on policy and full of something akin to the Trump Roadshow.

Normally it splits between a Trump tirade and several renditions of build the wall! Has there ever been such a bizarre GOP primary season?

My feelings towards Trump range from absolute horror, despair, complete shock that he could have got this far to well at least he's not a proper Conservative!

That last point is obviously a big problem for the GOP establishment.

So thanks GOP for all the entertainment but really given the importance of the POTUS should this be entertaining?

Very funny Stephanie! But I'd rather someone boring and more stable with their finger on the nuclear button!

I think this GOP primary is a good start, but think how much better it could be next time! What if they decided to cast Ted Nugent and David Duke? Phil Robertson and Allen West? Caitlyn Jenner and a jailed Ammon Bundy?!

That would be ratings gold! It could easily knock off The Bachelor from the top spot!

Someone from England complaining out the US political situation while your country is over run by invaders,your government is EXTREMELY corrupt,you have no freedom of speech or gun rights...my god....I would rather live in the US on its worst day than England on its best!

Very funny Stephanie! But I'd rather someone boring and more stable with their finger on the nuclear button!

lol, and you thought Joey the "senile Buffoon" Biden's fingers were Stable. And we had "the happy bomber" Obama next to it.

snip:
Says President Barack Obama has launched "twice as many strikes (on) countries that are predominantly Muslim" than President George W. Bush.
LZ Granderson on Sunday, September 28th, 2014 in comments on CNN's "State of the Union"

LZ Granderson: Obama has bombed twice as many Muslim countries as Bush
Last week, we fact-checked the New Yorker’s Washington correspondent Ryan Lizza, who tweeted, "Countries bombed: Obama 7, Bush 4." We rated that claim True.

Bush: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Somalia.

Obama: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria.

you need to keep up more on our politics
all of it here:
LZ Granderson: Obama has bombed twice as many Muslim countries as Bush

Someone from England complaining out the US political situation while your country is over run by invaders,your government is EXTREMELY corrupt,you have no freedom of speech or gun rights...my god....I would rather live in the US on its worst day than England on its best!

I think you're delusional. How exactly is the UK government corrupt? and as for gun rights 30,000 deaths a year by guns in the USA isn't something to be proud of, as for free speech the last time I looked the UK wasn't North Korea. We don't need gun rights in the UK because we're not paranoid and kept in a constant state of fear that we're going to be murdered. The facts don't lie, try reading about your murder rates compared to any other developed country, you can spin it anyway you like but the sad reality is that people like you care more for your guns than the lives of your children. Thank heavens Hillary Clinton will demolish your Messiah in November!

I think you're delusional. How exactly is the UK government corrupt? and as for gun rights 30,000 deaths a year by guns in the USA isn't something to be proud of, as for free speech the last time I looked the UK wasn't North Korea. We don't need gun rights in the UK because we're not paranoid and kept in a constant state of fear that we're going to be murdered. The facts don't lie, try reading about your murder rates compared to any other developed country, you can spin it anyway you like but the sad reality is that people like you care more for your guns than the lives of your children. Thank heavens Hillary Clinton will demolish your Messiah in November!
Rather have my gun rights than nanny government "keeping me safe" while at same time allowing MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of Muslims and Indians into the nation to rape British girls and turn once great towns into Non British areas and establish no go zones. Hopefully England votes to leave the EU and the insanity can be fixed...only Germany is worse than England.

Rather have my gun rights than nanny government "keeping me safe" while at same time allowing MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of Muslims and Indians into the nation to rape British girls and turn once great towns into Non British areas and establish no go zones. Hopefully England votes to leave the EU and the insanity can be fixed...only Germany is worse than England.

Theres no such thing as no go areas in the UK, more Fox News rubbish. And as for gun rights have these been positive for the USA? Has this made life better for Americans? Even common sense rules get shouted down by the NRA. Its tragic that people can't see the correlation between so many guns and so many murders, where does it end? You're putting a lot of responsibility on people to always behave rationally, to not reach for a gun in that heat of the moment.

Theres no such thing as no go areas in the UK, more Fox News rubbish. And as for gun rights have these been positive for the USA? Has this made life better for Americans? Even common sense rules get shouted down by the NRA. Its tragic that people can't see the correlation between so many guns and so many murders, where does it end? You're putting a lot of responsibility on people to always behave rationally, to not reach for a gun in that heat of the moment.
Amusing you don't care to discuss the invasion of your country or the rapes of your women or the darkening of your cities and towns....sad to see a nation with such a long history go down the drain.Oh and yes I do feel safer having my 2nd amendment.

Forum List

Back