Should Geithner be fired?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I think so...he said the credit rating would not be downgraded. He clearly has no grasp on the situation and by proxy has no place being in such a high position of power. Obama's lapdog has to go.

All you need to know (from April 2011):
Peter Barnes “Is there a risk that the United States could lose its AAA credit rating? Yes or no?”
Geithner’s response: “No risk of that.”
“No risk?” Barnes asked.
“No risk,” Geithner said.

I think so...he said the credit rating would not be downgraded. He clearly has no grasp on the situation and by proxy has no place being in such a high position of power. Obama's lapdog has to go.

Peter Barnes “Is there a risk that the United States could lose its AAA credit rating? Yes or no?”
“No risk?” Barnes asked.

LOL! This is like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Geithner certainly never realistically considered that tea party kooks would hold America hostage on the debt ceiling vote while the world looked on in disbelief.

Geithner warned what was at stake, didn't he? And what was the response from many on the right? It was the equivalent of Bush saying "Bring 'em on" regarding insurgents attacking American troops.

Even that loon, Michele Bachman, voted against the compromise measure in the House. That begs the question of what she would have done if she was president. Would she actually have vetoed the bill? Where would America be then?

Everyone from obama down to polosi should be fired, possibly tried for treason for the way they purposefully destroyed our economy with recless spending. They knew when they spent 1.4trillion a year more than we took in it would destroy out country. Politicians need to be held responsible for their actions. When a leader in congress tells the house " you have to pass this bill if you want to see what's in it" should be arrested for corruption.

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Geithner certainly never realistically considered that tea party kooks would hold America hostage on the debt ceiling vote while the world looked on in disbelief.

Geithner warned what was at stake, didn't he? And what was the response from many on the right? It was the equivalent of Bush saying "Bring 'em on" regarding insurgents attacking American troops.

Even that loon, Michele Bachman, voted against the compromise measure in the House. That begs the question of what she would have done if she was president. Would she actually have vetoed the bill? Where would America be then?

Unfortunately, it's not the twilight zone.....it's real. Geithner avoided taxes and said that we were at no risk.

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Your right. She did vote against the bill that "didnt solve the problem"
And you critique her for that? Lulz

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Tim should be fired. And prosecuted for tax evasion.

Geithner should be fired and Obama impeached

He was part of the Kissinger kids. He "helped" out Japan during the "lost decade".

But his best qualification for getting his job?

His dad Pete.

1990s. During the early 1980s, Peter Geithner oversaw the Ford Foundation's microfinance programs in Indonesia being developed by Ann Dunham Soetoro

Lord help us all.:eusa_pray:

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Of course not. He has to say that. Just like Bush had to say the economy was fundamentally strong nearing the end of his term.

Politicians have to lie to the markets. If Geithner said "I expect the US to get downgraded," the market would begin to act as if it were about to get downgraded, even if there was no downgrade yet. It would be extremely irresponsible of him to say that he believed otherwise.

“No risk?” Barnes asked.

Of course not. He has to say that. Just like Bush had to say the economy was fundamentally strong nearing the end of his term.

Politicians have to lie to the markets. If Geithner said "I expect the US to get downgraded," the market would begin to act as if it were about to get downgraded, even if there was no downgrade yet. It would be extremely irresponsible of him to say that he believed otherwise.

I think was Enron and Madoff's philosophy too

Everyone from obama down to polosi should be fired, possibly tried for treason for the way they purposefully destroyed our economy with recless spending. They knew when they spent 1.4trillion a year more than we took in it would destroy out country. Politicians need to be held responsible for their actions. When a leader in congress tells the house " you have to pass this bill if you want to see what's in it" should be arrested for corruption.

Oh, the entire debt of 14.3 trillion is all on Obama and Pelosi?
If you want to fire and try people for treason for the National Debt, you'd have to start with those who were in charge from all the way back to the early 80's up until today. Of course that's if you want to live in reality, of course.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back