Debate Now Should Gay Couples Be Able to Adopt?

But kids are not ALL being adopted.

The question was asked "Isn't something (2 gay parents) better than nothing (an orphanage or foster care) ?
I guess it depends. I have known people with foster homes run by a husband and wife that have helped a lot of kids. IMO the real problem is societal in that why are there unwanted and abused children in the first place? Seems like a moral failure.

Conservatives raise their children to hate anyone that is different than them and drive them from society.

Why Conservatives shouldn’t have children
Liberals cut body parts off their children. Why Liberals shouldn't have children.

My opinion is that being a gay couple should not be a disqualifier for adopting, but it should be a factor to be taken into account. A man and woman can raise a child better than a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. But it should be a factor, like being a single parent, being low-income, being a different race than the child, etc.

So gays would probably not get the healthy babies that are in demand for adoption, with long wait lists. However, kids with health issue, learning disabilities, and older kids would be better off with a gay couple than with a string of foster families.

Also, my opinion is that if a faith based adoption service does exclude gays, we should praise Allah that faith-based organizations are helping children. We should not sue them or prosecutore them for a hate crime.

Doesn’t happen
only in RW fantasies
Liberals like to change the sex of children for their own fantasies. Conservatives raise their children to be tolerant of loons like you. I say that is a mistake.

First of all I'm not good with adding rules so the only one that I got is stay on topic. Second of all even though homosexuality is against my religion, as long as a child is being loved and cared for properly and not indoctrinated I honestly don't really care if they're being raised by gorillas.

However B. Tatum is also making some sense here. The poor baby girl in this video is being robbed of her mother and every child deserves to have a mother or a motherly figure in their lives just as well as every child deserves to have a father or a father figure. So what do you guys think? Should gay couples be allowed to adopt infants and children?

I believe children benefit from having a loving home. If a couple of gay men or lesbian women wish to provide that kind of healthy parental love for the benefit of a child (or children), I have no quarrel with it.

(The definition of “conservative” isn’t monolithic.)

I could be mistaken, but with more than half of all marriages ending in divorce, the number of children not being raised in a stable two parent home has to be at or near that number.
A stable two-parent family consisting of a man and a woman is best

Single mom’s are not ideal and often struggle to control boys

The result of so many broken homes is social chaos

The great majority of children are born during a fist (or, obviously, only) marriage.
  • An estimated 41% of first marriages end in divorce. (Wilkinson & Finkbeiner, 2020)
can't be too great of a majority when 41% of all first marriages end in divorce. Later divorces have a much higher rate as well.

• An estimated 41% of first marriages end in divorce. (Wilkinson & Finkbeiner, 2020)
can't be too great of a majority when 41% of all first marriages end in divorce. Later divorces have a much higher rate as well.
So the other 59 percent last the rest of your life

A stable two-parent family consisting of a man and a woman is best

Single mom’s are not ideal and often struggle to control boys

The result of so many broken homes is social chaos
Everybody hopes for the ideal loving family for all our kids, but it just doesnt always happen. A loving couple who happen to be gay are a godsend for lots of kids.

Forum List

Back