Should gangbangers have civil liberties too?

Drugs don't kill other people? What world do you live in? Murder is not committed by drug addled addicts trying to get more money for more drugs? Drug Gangs don't murder members of other gangs and innocent bystanders all the time.

Those are effects of drugs being illegal, not of drugs.

Not to mention car accidents, work accidents and other ways drugged people KILL other people.

Alcohol is a FAR greater risk than drugs are in this regard.

Hilarious.

um, hilarious like the specific example of prohibition? How many criminals were created during that decade, dude? How many because businessmen instead of outlaws after prohibition were repealed? Despite the battle ax ranting of Carrie Nation for that matter?

and, if you'd like we can always have a contest where you drink as much alcohol as you can while I smoke as much dope as I can and see who dies first...

hilarious like burglary should be legal cause making it illegal causes people to commit murder

Come on Swamp Fox you know the price of prohibited drugs is way beyond what their price would be were they not prohibited. That's the whole point. The high prices due to prohibition have made drugs a very valuable and tradeable commodity. Crap that can grow in my back yard with me and the dog pissing on it every week to keep it going can bring huge amounts of money. That's patently ridiculous, but it's made a lot crooks very rich and fianced the extentension of their criminal operations into the bargain. I know this isn't a prohibition thread but that had to be said.

Tweakers wouldn't have to steal if they could pay for their crap out of social security payments.

Drugs and guns are the current hot deal over the 49th parallel. It's completely bloody stupid.

How are they going to get Social Security if they've never worked. Plus, they don't get that until they're 65. Don't know many tweakers that old.

Guns kill other people.
Drugs don't.

Very very important difference.

So much for the mantras of living how you like, personal responsibility, and freedom. :rolleyes:

How about all of the people who are killed by drivers who are high? What about all of the people who overdose? What about the people killed in drug ripoffs (which will still happen even if drugs are legal because it's free)?

Drugs never killed anyone? Bullshit.

When your a criminal you remove yourself from society because you have made a conscience choice to take away away the civil rights of others. As far as I'm concerned no criminal, who harms others, has any civil liberties.

How about all of the people who are killed by drivers who are high?

And how many are those?

What about all of the people who overdose?

Again, self inflicted.

What about the people killed in drug ripoffs (which will still happen even if drugs are legal because it's free)?

Self inflicted, again.

Drugs never killed anyone? Bullshit.

You missed the key word. "other".

right then.. so, all we gotta do is figure out what behaviour of your we want to deem a crime.

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

ps, you dumb fucking alcoholics:

Before Prohibition:
Images from the preprohibition era when many psychotropic substances
were legally available in America and Europe

Many of the substances prohibited today were legally available in the past. This small exposition contains samples of the many psychoactive medicines widely available during the late-19th century through the mid-20th century. Some of the pictures are oversized to improve legibility. Additional photographs are available for some products in the author's private collection. For a quick comparison with current drug regulations, see Drug Schedules.

http://wings.buffalo.edu/aru/preprohibition.htm

When your a criminal you remove yourself from society because you have made a conscience choice to take away away the civil rights of others. As far as I'm concerned no criminal, who harms others, has any civil liberties.

The whole point of the Constitution is that it's supposed to protect the most noxious and unpleasant things. The good stuff, whether speech or people, doesn't really need it.

No dole - unemployment benefits?

Unemployment benefits usually last only a year.

Even in the middle of this recession unemployment in the United States sits at only 5.1%, roughly half the average across western Europe. Economists wide believe that 4.0-4.5% represents FULL employment, meaning about 4% or so of the eligible pool of workers in any society will simply choose to NOT work for various reasons. So we have less than a 1% actual unemployment level. Most of those have other means of support, military or civil service retirees still at eligible ages, living with family, independently wealthy, students going back to school, etc....

And that's another thing about the American society. Of all the homeless in this country 90% are chronic substance abusers and/or mentally handicapped, and the remaining 10% are merely temporarily in that state, between jobs or recovering from some other temporary crisis.

And how many are those?

Again, self inflicted.

Self inflicted, again.

You missed the key word. "other".

When Fred the drug pusher kills John the innocent bystander or even Jack another drug pusher, THAT IS other people.

When Ralph the drug addict can not get his drugs he will still and even kill to get them, that remains true even if legal drugs are available since Ralph has no job.

Unless now you are suggesting we the tax payers pay for drug users to be given free drugs?

Forum List

Back