Should Europe be scared by the way Russia is effortlessly steamrolling through Ukraine?

Jebuz Fuking Krist... How can you equate what is going on in the Ukraine with "Californians and New Yorkers leaving their states?" FFS.
He is saying people are leaving Russia because the leadership sucks, just like in California and NY.

He is saying people are leaving Russia because the leadership sucks, just like in California and NY.
I think you meant the Ukraine. At any rate, people are leaving Ukraine because of a war, not because of high taxes and over population. Fuck.

I think you meant the Ukraine. At any rate, people are leaving Ukraine because of a war, not because of high taxes and over population. Fuck.
No, he literally said they are leaving Russia.

"Meanwhile thousands of Russians are leaving Russia"

He's making a good case for NATO and pointing weapons at him from neighboring countries.
Yeah, its probably time to completely line their border with missiles and anti missile defense systems. We avoided it before in order to not piss them off, but I dont see the wisdom in it now.

Considering how Russia has shocked everyone by so far steamrolling Ukraine, what is to stop them from taking over Poland, the Baltic countries, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Great Britain and all of Europe in a purely conventional war without even using or threatening to use their nuclear weapons?
Yes-----because he isn't going to stop. Best to the fight PUTIN now before he controls more area.

Yes-----because he isn't going to stop. Best to the fight PUTIN now before he controls more area.
We should probably go with the Israel method by taking Russian land on Eastern Europe's border so they cant use it to attack from anymore.

Steamrolling? Hardly.

But yes, there's certainly good reason to unite against this dictator who has shown his true colors, committing war crimes, destroying a sovereign country, while threatening to use nukes.
Remember in days past when ”Conservatives” were the ones who identified with Churchill? Now many have become Neville Chamberlain. Worse really, because many actively identify with the dictator.

Is making a WWII analogy appropriate?

In many Respects yes because I am convinced Putin will not stop at the Ukraine. He wants the Baltic nations next. Putin wants the old Soviet Empire re-established though he may see himself less a General Secretary of the Communist Party and more a version of an old Russian Tsar.

I am not advovicating for boots on the ground in the Ukraine, only that we continue in concert with our Allies to fund the Ukraine resistance and drive the Russian economy into bankruptcy as soon as possible.

An invasion of the Baltic nations would not just be an European problem.

Last edited:
Remember in days past when ”Conservatives” were the ones who identified with Churchill? Now Most have become Neville Chamberlain. Worse really, because many actively identify with the dictator.

Is making a WWII analogy appropriate?

In many Respects yes because I am convinced Putin will not stop at the Ukraine. He wants the Baltic nations next. Putin wants the old Soviet Empire re-established though he may see himself less a General Secretary of the Communist Party and more a version of an old Russian Tsar.

I am not advovicating for boots on the ground in the Ukraine, only that we continue in concert with our Allies to fund the Ukraine resistance and drive the Russian economy into bankruptcy as soon as possible.

An invasion of the Baltic nations would not just be an European problem.
The line would surely be crossed if he invades a non-NATO country. It's difficult to imagine that he would do that, but imagining it becomes less difficult by the day. There is simply no way to know how stable he is at this moment. His position in the world has changed forever.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Yeah, it's not because a hyper-nationalist, sociopathic dictator/strongman and his huge army are attacking their sovereign country with bombs, rockets, terrorism and war crimes, causing them to flee the horror to protect themselves, their families, and their children from the atrocities.

Holy crap, you people. What the fuck. Your thought processes are so fucking twisted by your ideology that you're hopeless.

The line would surely be crossed if he invades a non-NATO country. It's difficult to imagine that he would do that, but imagining it becomes less difficult by the day. There is simply no way to know how stable he is at this moment. His position in the world has changed forever.
I agree, but rationality is in short supply in some of Putin’s decisions recently. I keep bringing up the Baltic nations because during the Soviet era, the Russians flooded these nations with Russian citizens. So much so, that IIRC a huge portion of Estonia’s population is Russian. A European nation seeking to annex portions of other nations to reunite with the same ethnic population is not without precedent in Europe.

He just lost the third General to sniper fire and his casualties are mounting along with those Russians soldiers sabotaging equipment and quitting.
Meanwhile thousands of Russians are leaving Russia. (Sounds a lot like Californians and New Yorkers leaving their states) Even the FSB is giving the Ukrainians classified info .
I just hope Putin is sane. He recently seems to have developed an unusual fascination with his nuclear weapons. The combination of an insane Russian dictator and an American President in the early stages of dementia,both controlling a nuclear arsenal, is downright scary.

I agree, but rationality is in short supply in some of Putin’s decisions recently. I keep bringing up the Baltic nations because during Soviet era, the Russians flooded these nations with Russian citizens. So much so, that IIRC a huge portion of Estonia’s population is Russian. A European nation asking to annex portions of other nations to reunite with the same ethnic population is not without precedent in Europe.
Absolutely. It's difficult to make sense of what he's doing.

The worst scenario is that he feels he has nothing to lose and is ready to go down in a blaze of "glory".

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Hi Mac! Good to see you. What do you mean a non-NATO country?

Forum List

Back