Should employee benefits be tax exempt?

Should government approved employee benefits be tax exempt? Why or why not?

• Total voters
Choose one. If you feel like it, explain your answer.

I believe in Flat taxes or consumption taxes ( no income tax). I also think that any over time pay should be tax free. With the Flat tax, there should be about a 40,000 dollar exemption for individuals that would cover people who don't make a lot of money.......

I believe we should leave everything alone and give all workers a $10.00/hr raise. Layoff's illegal, reducing hours illegal.

That "OnePercenter" username describes how much of your brain is actually functional.

3. There's no debt without SPENDING..

There is no driving to work without spending. And for me, there wouldn't be anywhere to land my jet.
Completely irrelevant to the point.

Roadways and airports don't cost monies? Or is it that you want to use them without paying?
Roadways and airports aren't built and maintained by direct income taxation....But you already knew that and are just being a reliably dishonest hack.

Are you saying that income taxes aren't combined with other taxes to build roadways?

Nope. Roadways are built with gasoline taxes.

Well, some benefits are, like portions of health benefits that taken out before taxes are. Generally though, benefits are gained as a part of employment, so no they should not be exempt.

Why health insurance? Is that the only benefit that should be tax exempt?

There's health insurance plans and health insurance plans. There's bare bones plans with high co-pays which should not be taxed, because of the co-pays, and cadillac plans which cover everything with no co-pays and cost thousands of dollars to buy.

There is a third option. Single payer health insurance and no one is taxed.

Stay in Canada. Problem solved!

Well, some benefits are, like portions of health benefits that taken out before taxes are. Generally though, benefits are gained as a part of employment, so no they should not be exempt.

Why health insurance? Is that the only benefit that should be tax exempt?

There's health insurance plans and health insurance plans. There's bare bones plans with high co-pays which should not be taxed, because of the co-pays, and cadillac plans which cover everything with no co-pays and cost thousands of dollars to buy.

There is a third option. Single payer health insurance and no one is taxed.

You apparently are dumber than Fauxcohantas, i.e. Lizzy Warren!

You don't believe you need a raise in pay? You're not that good?
I'm getting one next week, actually.

FANTASTIC, I hope it's more than $48.5K.

Are you attempting to make some sort of POINT...or are you just flailing?

Getting paid what you're worth.
So, flailing it is, then.

No, that would be Admiral Rockwell Tory. I'm asking you feel you're getting paid what you're worth as an employee.

What city do you live?

Try that again in English, and I will still not answer. You don't need to know.

You won't answer because it will prove you a liar.

I won't answer because it is none of your damn business what city I live in, dumbass!

Liar!!!!!

What business is it of yours where I live?

I've already proved you a liar so don't bother.

There is no driving to work without spending. And for me, there wouldn't be anywhere to land my jet.

Roadways and airports don't cost monies? Or is it that you want to use them without paying?
Roadways and airports aren't built and maintained by direct income taxation....But you already knew that and are just being a reliably dishonest hack.

Are you saying that income taxes aren't combined with other taxes to build roadways?

Gas Taxes Don’t Cover Road Spending

The Gas Tax Has Little to Do With Road Costs

Try that again in English, and I will still not answer. You don't need to know.

You won't answer because it will prove you a liar.

I won't answer because it is none of your damn business what city I live in, dumbass!

Liar!!!!!

What business is it of yours where I live?

I've already proved you a liar so don't bother.

You already "proved" me a liar? How so?

I have proven you a dumbass on numerous occasions.

Gas Taxes Don’t Cover Road Spending

The Gas Tax Has Little to Do With Road Costs

Your own link shows that in most states, the local, state and federal taxes make up the vast majority of road costs.

You need to sue whoever was stupid enough to give you a high school diploma because you are functionally illiterate.

The issue I'd hoped to discuss in this thread is whether government should be empowered to decide which "benefits" we get from employers. Why should government decide which benefits we ought to have, and which we shouldn't? Apart from the general liberty issue, efforts to herd people around like this almost always have unintended negative consequences. The health insurance thing is a glaring example. We've used the tax code to push people, and businesses, into a dysfunctional health care financing scheme that is causing more problems than it ever solved.

I'm getting one next week, actually.

FANTASTIC, I hope it's more than $48.5K.

Are you attempting to make some sort of POINT...or are you just flailing?

Getting paid what you're worth.
So, flailing it is, then.

No, that would be Admiral Rockwell Tory. I'm asking you feel you're getting paid what you're worth as an employee.
Yes. If not, I would work somewhere else.

The issue I'd hoped to discuss in this thread is whether government should be empowered to decide which "benefits" we get from employers. Why should government decide which benefits we ought to have, and which we shouldn't? Apart from the general liberty issue, efforts to herd people around like this almost always have unintended negative consequences. The health insurance thing is a glaring example. We've used the tax code to push people, and businesses, into a dysfunctional health care financing scheme that is causing more problems than it ever solved.

And I'd be particularly interested in the reasoning of conservatives who support this practice. Seems a lot like social engineering to me.

Forum List

Back