Should Casey Anthony Get The Death Penalty?

If Susan Smith didn't receive the death penalty for killing her two little boys in such a terrible manner, then no mother who kills her child should ever get death. Otherwise it could easily be argued that some individuals are not equal under the law, which they aren't.

The death penalty is a joke anyway. Of all the murders committed in this great nation, and there are many, less than 1% are ever considered capital crimes. Of those only a fraction are bound over as death penalty cases. And even then juries do not always decide on death as punishment. By the way, the average murderer spends less than 7 years in prison. And since the advent of DNA and other modern advances in criminal detection, there have been over 250 death row inmates released and set free.

It is highly unlikely even in Florida that a jury will ask for a death sentence. Juries, even in high-end death penalty states, are becoming more and more reluctant to sentence anyone to death in what so many feel is a dangerously flawed judicial system.

I think Scott Peterson's case was more closely linked to this one than Susan Smith's. His was mostly circumstantial evidence and he was given the death penalty.

Smith was a basket case. Her serving life is a much more harsh punishment. For all of them really but Peterson and Anthony are so freaking cold hearted about it. Sheesh, Casey Anthony is positively soulless. She doesn't seem to be suffering much right now and Peterson was the same way.

I think Scott Peterson's case was more closely linked to this one than Susan Smith's. His was mostly circumstantial evidence and he was given the death penalty.

Smith was a basket case. Her serving life is a much more harsh punishment. For all of them really but Peterson and Anthony are so freaking cold hearted about it. Sheesh, Casey Anthony is positively soulless. She doesn't seem to be suffering much right now and Peterson was the same way.

All I know is Smith stood on the bank of the lake for 6 minutes and watched as her two small babies drowned. I don't know what her state of mind was and frankly don't care. She was cognizant enough of her actions to attempt to blame their deaths on a fictitious Black man whom she claimed car-jacked her and took her children. That's evidence of consciousness of guilt to me. I have no sympathy and if there is any justice she will spend the remainder of her life in prison where she belongs, which is probably a thousand times worse than death.

Scott Peterson is a whole other matter - I'm betting the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals over-turns his death sentence. He will more than likely receive life in prison. CA doesn't execute anyone anymore anyway - I'm not even sure why we still have the death penalty. There have been the sum total of 6 executions since reinstatement of the death penalty in the 1970s. Why the Courts go through the motions trying capital cases is also a mystery, since anyone condemned stands more chance of dying of old age than of being executed.

Cost of imprisonment vs. death penalty:

"It is much cheaper to put these people in prison and leave them there until they die. Simple as that."

Average cost to execute in Florida is 3.2 million. If Florida terminated the death penalty it would save 11 million per year.

The High Price of Killing Killers | Death Penalty Information Center

There has to be a way to reduce the cost of the execution by streamlining something in the process ...... reducing the cost of food, or medical expenses for this human garbage.

I wish for this trial to be over with and hear the verdict. It's nauseating seeing Casey Anthony sit there like she's all miss innocent and shit. She's a real piece of work is she not?? Try and act like she is the victim here. I don't care what anyone says, I'd like to bitch slap her fucking face into next week.

So why are you watching it?

The only information I'm getting on this case is the snippets from the regular programming I already watch and/or listen to.

Why focus in on such evil?

For the record, I'm not watching it, it hasn't been tuned on to my Tv for the past few days. I watch a bit of the news here and there and read some stuff online, but I am far too busy to sit down and watch the trial all day long!

Here's a random thought. The woman looks kinda guilty. But what if she actually did not intentionally kill the little girl?

Going WAY out on a limb, let's say that the child's death was accidental and then the defendant panicked.

Does that merit a fucking death penalty?

So, to be a Polyanna, I suggest that MAYBE it would be okay to take a wait and see on this one.

I realize it's all radical and shit to expect a liberal to NOT rush to judgment, but let's give the legal presumption of innocence a bit more than mere lip service for a litle while.

The author of the OP is a fucking dork.

I have never said she intentionally killed the little girl, it is my belief it was an accidental death. But a death that Casey was aware of. She knew where her baby was for 31 days and yet did nothing! She knew she was dead. She knows all the precise details of how little Caylee's life ended, but Casey isn't saying shit. That shows me how pathetic she is.
Things would have been SO MUCH different-IF the death was accidental- if ICA had just phoned the police!
What normal human being would not do that??...especially when it's your own child???
It's like Casey was hoping she could make it all go away- her daughter, the death, the lies, the stealing money from parents and friends- she wanted everything to disappear, so she could...what??

I don't think Casey Anthony should get the death penalty. I do think she should get life without parole. Let her spend the rest of her miserable days in a 6 x 10 cell. And they should hang a large picture of her daughter on the wall opposite her cell, outside the bars.

Let her every thought be about what she did to a little girl that loved and trusted her.

I go back and fourth about the death penalty, part of me thinks she should rot in jail for the rest of her life but eventually she will become acustomed to her life and I don't think she will do any rotting. Another thing I sometimes feel that death is the easy way out, and then again I as a tax payer don't want to pay for her to live either. So I guess my anwser is not sure.

It would be better to wait for the end of her trial,if convicted life in prison.

The death penalty is as stupid as people can get.

Explain yourself.

Think about it, we have killed NON GUILTY people,we are not capable of not screwing up,better to let a 1000 guilty go then convict an innocent.We would be a better society if we didn't do it ever.
Show evidence of *non guilty* people
that have been executed please if you make a statement like that BACK IT UP

If you killed your child by accident, wouldn't you be in mourning instead of going out to the club and entering hot body contests like she did when her daughter was supposedly "missing"?

You bet your life I would.

The defendant may be a psychotic narcissistic twat. I actually "get" the thrust of your question and kind of presume that your instinct about her is pretty accurate.

But that doesn't change the question.

Does anybody deserve a death penalty over an accidental homicide?

If the honest answer to that is "no," then I believe that her hideous narcissism after the accident doesn't change that conclusion. (It just makes us kind of react to her with greater disdain.)

It is actually a good question and I don't know the answer for sure, I don't think we will ever find out for sure if this was an accident or if she did intentionally.

I ve been following the trial and its may opinion that she MAY have killed her child accidentally by giving her to much cloroform to make her sleep

then panic set in and she made up a story to make it look like she was kidnapped and murdered took 31 days to report it hoping if and when they found the body it would be hard to access the cause of death * that worked *
it makes sence why would she if she intended to kill her baby bother to wrap her up in the clothing she wore
surely she would just have disposed of the body less evidence if found

did the child drown ? NO
was she sexually assulted ? maybe but it was her who done the assulting the little skank
you only get the BP for premeditation and i dont think it was planned
i hope im wrong and they find otherwise and execute her
the problem with life sentence is its NOT a life sentence

susan smith gets parole in 2024

not long enough by any reasoning

jmo

Last edited:
I think if anyone should get the death penalty...it should be her.

Her crime was malicious, viscous and unthinkable.

She purposefully set out to kill her only child, a daughter to continue her carefree lifestyle.

They should throw the book at her.

Something tells me they won't.

What say you?

You know she did this because they told you on the news, right?

For the record, being a Christian, I categorically oppose the death penalty.

I say she hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

If OJ can walk, anyone can walk.

Two COMPLETELY different instances.

Let's say that OJ actually committed the crime, which he didn't, it would have been a crime of passion.

What Casey did was planned, she searched on Google for ways on how to kill and dispose of her daughter.

The evidence is crystal clear to see.

Furthermore, she's a MOTHER...who killed her CHILD.

Get it? A MOTHER. Killing her CHILD!

I guess you support child-abuse and child-killings...yes?

Going to his ex-wife's house and killing her on the way to the airport is a crime of passion?

At this point, unless she takes the stand, I don't see her being convicted of anything but aggravated MS of a Child. If she takes the stand, I think she could get the DP.

Explain yourself.

Think about it, we have killed NON GUILTY people,we are not capable of not screwing up,better to let a 1000 guilty go then convict an innocent.We would be a better society if we didn't do it ever.
Show evidence of *non guilty* people
that have been executed please if you make a statement like that BACK IT UP

your kidding right?? Ok use your head,we have let hundereds of people off death row in the last few years,do you not think we have killed people that were NOT guilty,dosn't take much brain power.

I'm for the death penalty-but ONLY in cases where there's no doubt at all. I don't think reasonable doubt is good enough for the death penalty-because it's the only punishment that's no reversible. Life in prison-now that's a different issue.

I think you should have to have DNA evidence in order to sentence someone to death-period.

She purposefully set out to kill her only child, a daughter to continue her carefree lifestyle.

What say you?

Holy Hell by all authority NO. Enough said.

What say you?

I support the juries decision.

What say you?

I support the juries decision.

Good, I'm telling the Jury what their decision is, period. If Dear Death needs someone so badly let him acquire the persecutors of innocence.

Forum List

Back