Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?

So your problem is with the media covering the evil treatment; not the evil treatment itself. MAGA? I don't think so.
The "evil treatment" is the treatment of our laws, our sovereignty, our respect being stomped on by a huge, crazed mob.

Standing in a line waiting for permission from a border guard to enter the the US and apply for asylum or refugee status is not "INVADING", nor is walking across a shallow river into waiting uniformed border guards and being arrested on a misdemeanor charge. What makes this whole idea particularly sick is that this method of entry into rhe USA has been accepted for decades as the proper method of entry for asylum and refugee status. Now some sicko nutjobs want to shoot these unarmed people.​
/----/ Sneaking across one by one has always worked. This mob is attracting a lot of attention. Something is going on and it has to do with the midterms.

...do like the police do at riots--a well trained platoon of soldiers like the Roman Phalanx to push/ capture/etc these vermin

..it is NOT a caravan!!! but an invading horde

...set up ''POW cages with tents to TEMPORARILY keep them if/after stopping them in US

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
OF COURSE NOT! WTF is wrong with you?

one would hope troops ordered to kill people like this would stand down....is this really what this country has come to?
i am amazed at the continued support of this president...i never thought i would hear the words mother fucker in the oval office..

It bad optics to shoot civilians but the tiresome idiotic responses from the NPCs here offer no solution either. The only plausible solution is to build a wall that will require those wanting entry to our Country to apply legally.

Sensible people understand that. The NPCs don't.
The wall is sensible, and even hardline immigration liberals like Geraldo Rivera now concede that, but there isn't time now for that. We need to defend ourselves or be overrun.

And when it comes to being overrun by foreigners, 'optics" isn't in play. In World War Ii, the optics of carpet bombing German cities wasn't good, but Eisenhower did it. The optics of nulling Japanese cities wasn't good. MacArthur did it.

The problem with the liberals in this forum isn't compassion for the invaders. It is that they are open borders nuts who have no sense of nation. For them (globalists)., there's nothing to defend, as they see the whole world as one big country, with no national border lines.

We ignore every other part of the US Constitution, so why bother with Posse Comitatus?

Honestly, to me this is an act of War and therefore PC doesn’t apply.
But we still don't need US troops, when we have the Army National Guard, the Air National Guard, and the Coast Guard, in addition to Border Patrol, local police and state police + private armed citizens. I'm hoping that these crazies will turn back, since if the National Guard is there and governors or Trump unleash them, the caravan mob will be mincemeat.

Clearly our military needs to train its weapons on the huddled masses, yearning to breathe free. Mow 'em down!

Police shoot criminals every day.
And you won’t have to mow’em down. First give a warning shot, if that doesn’t work then you shot one in the leg,if they don’t get the message by then and they keep coming then shot the lead illegal in the head and watch the rest go back home. That’s only one crippled and one dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect. National security is a constitutionally mandated responsibility of the federal government. Posse Comitatus applies only to enforcement of domestic police actions.
We'll let the president and his advisors settle that out. Time will tell how they do.

Police shoot criminals every day.
And you won’t have to mow’em down. First give a warning shot, if that doesn’t work then you shot one in the leg,if they don’t get the message by then and they keep coming then shot the lead illegal in the head and watch the rest go back home. That’s only one crippled and one dead.
As good a scenario as any other posted so far.

OF COURSE NOT! WTF is wrong with you?
As a veteran, I know military law. That's your answer.

But you didn't answer MY QUESTION>> The military has its job to do, the question is >> can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?

No, because which ever national guardsmen shoots the illegal will have their lives destroyed. This has already happened before.

`
You didn't read my link...hell, you didn't even fully read the link you sent me. They assist local law enforcement. They have NO arrest powers. They cannot shoot people. The Coast Guard has nothing to do with this event, you are confusing yourself.

The Military, the Mexican Border and Posse Comitatus: Four Key Takeaways
`
Who said anything about "arrest" ? This is the invasion of our country, not shoplifting in a convenience store. (see Post # 28)
Maybe you need a bit more convincing. OK. We can do that >>

Exclusions and limitations[edit]
There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia
These NPCs should have tried going out in the streets after curfew when our government implemented Marshall law during the MLK killing riots in 1968.

No, because which ever national guardsmen shoots the illegal will have their lives destroyed. This has already happened before.
So if 10,000 National Guardsmen shoot 10,000 invaders, the NGs will have their lives destroyed ? Hmm...I thank you for the post, but I don't get it. Maybe you could supply more information ?

Forum List

Back