Should Anheuser-Busch Sue Dylan Mulvaney For Lost Revenue?

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I mean the case can be made. They sent Dylan Mulvaney a beer can with "her" likeness on it and paid "her" expecting "her" to use "her" social media influence to promote Bud Light to increase sales. After Bud Light didn't defend "her" after the boycott and opposition to the promotion "she" actually admonished the company for not backing "her" up, causing the alphabet people to also join the boycott against the brand on top of the non-alphabet people. This obviously further decreased sales as "she" actually influenced the alphabet people to boycott the brand instead of buying it by admonishing them. "She" was paid to influence the sales up, but wound up influencing Bud Light sales down through her admonishment. Should they sue "her" for lost revenue or are they too chicken?

I mean the case can be made. They sent Dylan Mulvaney a beer can with "her" likeness on it and paid "her" expecting "her" to use "her" social media influence to promote Bud Light to increase sales. After Bud Light didn't defend "her" after the boycott and opposition to the promotion "she" actually admonished the company for not backing "her" up, causing the alphabet people to also join the boycott against the brand on top of the non-alphabet people. This obviously further decreased sales as "she" actually influenced the alphabet people to boycott the brand instead of buying it by admonishing them. "She" was paid to influence the sales up, but wound up influencing Bud Light sales down through her admonishment. Should they sue "her" for lost revenue or are they too chicken?
No. Since their marketers came up with the idea for the ad campaign. A judge would laugh them out of court.

THEY sent her the beer,, THEY put her picture on the can,,,

sounds like AB is responsible for their own demise,,

No. Since their marketers came up with the idea for the ad campaign. A judge would laugh them out of court.
You need to reread the OP. They paid HER to use her social media influence to promote sales to the alphabet people but, instead, she admonished the company for not backing her up, causing the alphabet people to join the boycott.

You need to reread the OP. They paid HER to use her social media influence to promote sales to the alphabet people but, instead, she admonished the company for not backing her up, causing the alphabet people to join the boycott.
Did they come up with the idea for the ad? Did they write the ad? Did they greenlight shooting the ad? (Even if she did it herself). I'm sorry, I don't know any company who would allow a third party to market their product without approval from the marketing bigwigs. They would have no leg to stand on in court. It would be a short case.

THEY sent her the beer,, THEY put her picture on the can,,,

sounds like AB is responsible for their own demise,,
But they paid her to use her social media influence to promote the beer and when the company did not defend her, her admonishment of the company caused the alphabet people to join the boycott instead of buying the beer. They paid her to promote the beer. She didn't do that and, in fact, did the opposite.

How does one sue himself for shooting his own foot?

But they paid her to use her social media influence to promote the beer and when the company did not defend her, her admonishment of the company caused the alphabet people to join the boycott instead of buying the beer. They paid her to promote the beer. She didn't do that and, in fact, did the opposite.
key word being "THEY",,,

cant sue someone because youre a stupid idiot,,

There is no chance in hell that a case could be made. They sought mulvaney out, he just did what he does.

You think the Gay community Bud Light enthusiast rivals in number to the triggered Bud Light drinkers? The Lola sure turned out the Rightie Snowflakes. Almost as much as the election of Obama!

It would be a stupid suit.

There is no loyalty in the world. It's a bit sad really. I would be angry if I were this beer company.but what do the expect from a "social influencer"?

There is no loyalty in the world. It's a bit sad really. I would be angry if I were this beer company.but what do the expect from a "social influencer"?
Just sayin, if you pay someone to promote your beer and, instead they de-promote your beer while taking your money, they have violated their contract with you.

Just sayin, if you pay someone to promote your beer and, instead they de-promote your beer while taking your money, they have violated their contract with you.
Possibly She didnt say "dont buy the beer" though. They rolled the dice. If I were a beer drinker I would buy the beer, who cares? If it is cheap and I like the taste, meh.

Should Anheuser-Busch Sue Dylan Mulvaney For Lost Revenue?

I don't see how such a suit could have any merit.

They knew what this freak was, when they chose to publicly associate their brand with him.

They probably couldn't have anticipated that their partnership with the freak would be the event that would finally burst open the long-growing balloon of public frustration and resentment over the promotion of fucked-up sexual deviancy infesting our society, but neither could Mr. Mulvaney have anticipated that.

Anheuser-Busch made what turned out to be a very bad choice, and in the end, they, alone, are responsible for the results of that choice.

Forum List

Back