Should America put a ban on gun free zone because they're being used by mass shooters?

Oct 26, 2017
It's been proven again and again that mass shooters prefer gun free zones because the last thing a mass shooter wants is to get shot while murdering people.

Nothing of the kind has been proven because there is literally no "gun free zones" in the US.

Gun nutters will tell you that passing laws won't stop shooters. That argument is nonsense. We pass laws against against a lot of actions BECAUSE we know people will ignore those laws.

Same is true with this.

If one cannot be successfully legislated, neither can the other. If one could be, so could the other.

Nothing of the kind has been proven because there is literally no "gun free zones" in the US.

Gun nutters will tell you that passing laws won't stop shooters. That argument is nonsense. We pass laws against against a lot of actions BECAUSE we know people will ignore those laws.

Same is true with this.

If one cannot be successfully legislated, neither can the other. If one could be, so could the other.
Well at least you admit your liberal gun free zones are a total failure!

There just is no situation terrible enough for gun advocates to assume any responsible gun control ideas. In fact, the gun advocates say that as no law designed in the mind of man can totally prevent gun deaths, nothing at all should be done. Of course, if we applied that argument to drunk drivers, we would equip all vehicles with shot glasses and beer taps.

So, in the spirit of the ossified thinking of the gun advocates I suggest an All-American Arms Race! Require everyone, and I mean everyone regardless of mental or physical competence to be armed 24 hours a day. Guns for everyone. If you prefer to carry a rocket propelled grenade launcher, go for it! If you want a flamethrower, why not? Tired of your Ford 150? How about an Abrams A-1 tank? The Right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed.

And since we have factored in the havoc of battlefield weapons on our schools, churches and concerts as the cost of doing business in our gun loving society, any and all weapons should be on our streets.

We have sown the seeds of gun violence. We have watered the fields with the blood of innocents. We have cultivated our garden with political intimidation by lobbyists. Now we must reap the whirlwind.

There just is no situation terrible enough for gun advocates to assume any responsible gun control ideas. In fact, the gun advocates say that as no law designed in the mind of man can totally prevent gun deaths, nothing at all should be done. Of course, if we applied that argument to drunk drivers, we would equip all vehicles with shot glasses and beer taps.

So, in the spirit of the ossified thinking of the gun advocates I suggest an All-American Arms Race! Require everyone, and I mean everyone regardless of mental or physical competence to be armed 24 hours a day. Guns for everyone. If you prefer to carry a rocket propelled grenade launcher, go for it! If you want a flamethrower, why not? Tired of your Ford 150? How about an Abrams A-1 tank? The Right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed.

And since we have factored in the havoc of battlefield weapons on our schools, churches and concerts as the cost of doing business in our gun loving society, any and all weapons should be on our streets.

We have sown the seeds of gun violence. We have watered the fields with the blood of innocents. We have cultivated our garden with political intimidation by lobbyists. Now we must reap the whirlwind.

Your first line - I've been thinking about this. I haven't been here for a while but I knew exactly what I would find here after these shootings and its horrifying.

After every shooting, the same posters immediately post the same lame excuses and the very same catch phrases. If you go to RWNJ sites or 2nd Amendment sites, same thing.

They've been told what to say and they're unable to think beyond that.

Add to that the amount of money the NRA gives to Repub congress and there's just no way this will change.

If Sandy Hook wasn't bad enough, nothing will ever be bad enough.

They will say they're "pro-life" but they're anything but. No number of dead children is too many.

Your first line - I've been thinking about this. I haven't been here for a while but I knew exactly what I would find here after these shootings and its horrifying.

After every shooting, the same posters immediately post the same lame excuses and the very same catch phrases. If you go to RWNJ sites or 2nd Amendment sites, same thing.

They've been told what to say and they're unable to think beyond that.

Add to that the amount of money the NRA gives to Repub congress and there's just no way this will change.

If Sandy Hook wasn't bad enough, nothing will ever be bad enough.

They will say they're "pro-life" but they're anything but. No number of dead children is too many.
It's a circular argument. First they say that 'this is not the time to argue a political position' as if their compassionate n for the victims is sacrosanct. Then they'll say that no law would have prevented this tragedy'. Their argument is that the perfect prevents the good. No law at all can eliminate crime. But as no law can eliminate crime, should we stop writing laws?

And you're right. If Sandy Hook could not move them to take responsibility no gun tragedy will. They have factored in the cost in lives to justify their love of weaponry.

I have asked again and again what is the virtue of a high capacity magazine fitted to a semi-automatic (or modified semi-automatic) firing system. Why I should it good? Why is it necessary?

No one among the gun lovers can craft a response other than to say you need it for self defense.

This supposes that one is defending against a horde of criminals at a mfuneral meets notice.

If the argument about violent video games and movies has any legs, it can be used in the hordes of criminals response. These folks are living in a Rambo inspired world.

Last edited:
Well...what do you propose?

Background checks failed...again. Shooter passed at least two background checks, even though he was likely a prohibited person.

The hero who disarmed and chased off this shooter ALSO used an AR-15.

So...what exactly do you suggest?

Last edited:

Background checks failed...again. Shooter passed at least two background checks, even though he was likely a prohibited person.

The two guys who chased the guy did not stop him from shooting anyone, did not disarm him and did not "chase him off".

A complete ban on the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and possession of all guns equipped with a semi-automatic firing system. A buy back program offering 150% of market value for all privately held guns during the first year, 100% of market value during the second year and amnesty for the return of named guns during the third year. In year four any named guns will be confiscated without payment. In year five all named guns will result in a mandatory five year federal prison sentence and a $250,000 fine.

Five years to turn the weapons into manhole covers. Swords to ploughshares, guns to cover the sewers which spawned them.

The two guys who chased the guy did not stop him from shooting anyone, did not disarm him and did not "chase him off".
I gave you the links. Argue your lies with them.

A complete ban on the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and possession of all guns equipped with a semi-automatic firing system. A buy back program offering 150% of market value for all privately held guns during the first year, 100% of market value during the second year and amnesty for the return of named guns during the third year. In year four any named guns will be confiscated without payment. In year five all named guns will result in a mandatory five year federal prison sentence and a $250,000 fine.

Five years to turn the weapons into manhole covers. Swords to ploughshares, guns to cover the sewers which spawned them.

Never going to happen. Over 85% of the handguns owned, sold, and purchased are semi-automatic. Skeet shotguns are semi-automatic. Disabled hunters need semi-automatic.

Next.

Never going to happen. Over 85% of the handguns owned, sold, and purchased are semi-automatic. Skeet shotguns are semi-automatic. Disabled hunters need semi-automatic.

Next.
Bolt action rifles, revolvers and pump actin shotguns would be exempt.

The ban applies to battlefield weapons, not sporting weapons.

Well...since none of those are semi-automatic, I should hope they would be exempt.

Every pistol that takes a magazine is a semi-automatic.

Screenshot_20171106-194140_crop_640x458-480x344.jpg
The M1911...The first handgun I ever shot...in the Army.

IT was a battlefield weapon...and at the very least, a heavy influence on nearly every pistol produced in the last 100 years.

Screenshot_20171106-195521_crop_947x604-473x302.jpg

The M1903 Springfield...The predecessor of almost all bolt action hunting rifles of the last 100 years...a battlefield rifle.

They are all desendents of some type of battlefield weapons...even the revolvers come from the 1860 Colt Army and 1858 Remington Navy, and the Dragoons and Lemats...all battlefield weapons.

Plus...an AR-15 was used to disarm and drive off the shooter, a shot that at least contributed to his taking of his own life.

Last edited:
It's been proven again and again that mass shooters prefer gun free zones because the last thing a mass shooter wants is to get shot while murdering people.
A Criminals favorite place is gun free zones to kill people

Next.

Ar15’s are sporting rifles, you Stupid dumbass motherfucker… LOL

People kill people not firearms, you stupid ass motherfucker

Either you're getting drinker as the evening wears on or your parents neglected to teach you the ways of civilization. Stupid ass or dumb ass motherfucker betrays a low degree of breeding. I pity you.

Yes.....if a baker is forced to bake a cake against their religious convictions... a violation of the 1st Amendment freedom of religion....then private businesses can no longer refuse to allow law abiding people to carry guns in their businesses, in violation of the 2nd Amendment...

Forum List

Back