CDZ Should a President or his administration be criticized or challenged during a crisis?

When is it appropriate to challenge or investigate a President's handling of a crisis?

• Never

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Only after the crisis is over

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Only afterwards to question whether he could have taken action to prevent deaths

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only afterward to see whether he misled Americans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only afterward to learn lessons to use to prevent future similar events

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • As the crisis is happening to question whether the appropriate actions are being taken

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • As the crisis is happening to question whether he is misleading Americans.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
This is not specifically about our current coronavirus crisis but about how and when it is appropriate to challenge, criticize, or even investigate a President or his Administration's(hereafter just the President) handling of a crisis.
Is it ever appropriate?
Should all criticism wait until after the crisis is over?
Is there a place to criticize how a crisis is being handled while the crisis is ongoing?
is it appropriate to question whether he is misleading or misled the American public?
Is it appropriate to question whether his actions or inactions resulted in the deaths of Americans?
And if so, should all of those questions only be asked after the crisis over?
Or not at all?

I'm sick of the ultra sicko paranoid way in which the Democrat Party has conducted itself in pelting President Trump with lies, bullshit, and taking the opposite on every single item he does so well it's like watching a pitcher performing a no-hitter against the sicko paranoid cabal of nogoods trying to destroy America. Did I tell you the Democrats are performing their sicko paranoid shit like the sickos they are.

And seriously, Syriusly, you know it too, don't you. Demmies are just natural-born Bad doggies!

Criticized or challenged, yes. Plain out attacking as we are seeing now....disgusting.
Didn't seem to bother Democrats when the mega lies told by Pelosi, Nadler, Schiff, Waters, Schumer and comapny were smearing President Trump who was found innocent by 6 separate inquiries prior to his subsequent fake impeachment. Some can dish it out and then cannot take it. Others like to see it dished out and then don't understand the acid reflux of Trump supporters who were put on trial merely for wearing a hat that bears the logo.

I'm with this President, and I respect his immaculate sense of fairness to all, and his harshness toward the liars who failed to destroy this amazing President.

Every day Trump has held press conferences where reporters ask him all kinds of questions about this Covid crisis. Most, I have to say, are respectful and want to know particulars and details of his and his team's actions. A few reporters constantly ask 'gotcha' questions like: "Are you really addressing American's fears?" Or "Are you too optimistic when it comes to hydroxychlorquine?" (not actual quotes but basically what they are saying) They try to put Trump on the spot so he might say something their Anti Trump media brothers can use to get a 'cut' in on him so their sycophant DNC operatives can make political hay.

Nothing wrong to question the leadership if you feel they are failing or misleading but and the key word here is but, but to do what has been happening with excusing the Government of China failures while trying to blame Trump for the spread of the virus is where I draw my line!

Has Trump said things that were wrong?

Yes, so has the WHO and people like Biden, de Blasio and Pelosi...

You didn't have a choice for Always and for Everything. Don't ever let the president forget he is primarily a public servant.
I think the same should hold true for Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc. Unfortunately, the MSM never seems to challenge them.

That would be because none of them are President of the United States. Trump is.

You didn't have a choice for Always and for Everything. Don't ever let the president forget he is primarily a public servant.
I think the same should hold true for Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc. Unfortunately, the MSM never seems to challenge them.

That would be because none of them are President of the United States. Trump is.
So what? The 'press' is supposed to be objective. Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, et al have cost more $$$ and more American suffering than even this virus has done. Yet not a peep out of the MSM 'journalists' that purport to be 'objective.' They (like you) only scream "orange man bad!!" Meanwhile the DC Democrat snakes get away with treason.

So what? The 'press' is supposed to be objective. Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, et al have cost more $$$ and more American suffering than even this virus has done. Yet not a peep out of the MSM 'journalists' that purport to be 'objective.' They (like you) only scream "orange man bad!!" Meanwhile the DC Democrat snakes get away with treason.

Again, none of these people are President. None of these people have the power to mobilize federal agencies. All they can do is go to the guy who sits in the Oval Office and ask him to act.
Trump is always his own worst enemy. And it's because at his core, he has no interest in being President of the United States.

Again, none of these people are President. None of these people have the power to mobilize federal agencies. All they can do is go to the guy who sits in the Oval Office and ask him to act.
Trump is always his own worst enemy. And it's because at his core, he has no interest in being President of the United States.
These people (Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, et al) have the power to sway huge demographic swaths because the traditional media reaches many times more people than Cable or FOX news. This traditional media is mostly left oriented. Most HATE Trump because he does not support the traditional mainstream leftist political bent of DC. If I were Trump, I would never have run for President. After all, he had it made in the shade with his empire. From what I have seen he has an interest in America and the American people who work hard day in and day out. The Presidency is a way for him to help US and shed the DC bureaucracy that has shackled American for many decades now. This virus attack has fueled bureaucrats to try to hold on to any last vestiges of power they had.

Authority should always be questioned. The reason why so many governors are getting away with so many of their unconstitutional edicts is because people are rolling over and letting them do it because it’s a crisis.

Forum List

Back