Shotgun Question

May have found one. KickLite Tactical Six Position stock.
s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.
Any decent gun shop can fix you right up.

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

You can shorten polymer stocks.

Not sure you can shorten this one, hollow on the inside with just two tabs that the recoil pad attaches to.
Have left inquiries with Boyd's and Choate.

They do have shorter recoil pads.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?
It won't help much and if you do have to use it, you don't want it looking all tactical.... DAs don't like that.
As I said in the OP, the current (original) configuration is too long for me, I need to shorten it by at least two inches to fit me perfectly.

Thats easy enough to fix. Whenever I buy a shotgun 9 times out of 10 the length of pull is wrong.

I just found this:

Choate 37 Conventional Youth butt stock.

11 3/4s inch pull which might be a tad short but I can buy a separate recoil pad to make it a little longer. It's a high quality construct which means it ain't cheap, around $90.

04-01-10A.jpg

$90 bucks is cheap.
And by looking at the pic of your shotgun it has a removable pad.
Have you measured your length of pull to find out what your length should be?
It almost looks like someone lengthened it to suit their needs.

With the factory stock the pull is 14 1/4", my optimum LOP is 12 1/2".

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

It's a polymer stock. I'd have to buy a wood stock (if they're still available) and most can be really expensive.

Not sure you can shorten this one, hollow on the inside with just two tabs that the recoil pad attaches to.

Not enough. Need an almost 2" difference.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Have you removed the butt pad and taken a look inside?

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Yeah, did that last night. The tabs for attaching the recoil pad are only about a half inch deep otherwise that would be a great option.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Yeah, did that last night. The tabs for attaching the recoil pad are only about a half inch deep otherwise that would be a great option.

Starting to sound like a new stock is your only option.
If it were me I'd take the gun into a reputable gun shop and see what they have to say.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

If it were me I'd take the gun into a reputable gun shop and see what they have to say.

Yup. I also rethought my first choice, the tactical stock, not sure that is the way I want to go, not all that crazy about the pistol grip. The Choate Youth stock looks to be my best option at this point, add a slightly thicker recoil pad to bring the LOP up to 12 1/2 inches. My only concern is the mounting bolt, will it work or will I have to modify the existing bolt to make it work?

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Yup. I also rethought my first choice, the tactical stock, not sure that is the way I want to go, not all that crazy about the pistol grip. The Choate Youth stock looks to be my best option at this point, add a slightly thicker recoil pad to bring the LOP up to 12 1/2 inches. My only concern is the mounting bolt, will it work or will I have to modify the existing bolt to make it work?

One of the benefits of living in a big city is there's lots of gun shops/gunsmiths to choose from. :thup:

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Thats why I'd bring it to a gunshop.
If it was known brand I'd just order one.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

One of the benefits of living in a big city is there's lots of gun shops/gunsmiths to choose from. :thup:

Yep....I have three within two miles and one thats the best one about ten miles away Called Briley.

It's where I take my good shit and still feel embarrassed.
They have those 20k shotguns hanging on the wall that arent for sale..... to the general public. You have to have a broker.
And then they have the 10k shotguns available for us poor pukes. It truly is amazing to walk into this place and see the works of art they carry.
Here's a nice Caesar Guerini Invictus VII for a mere $9,920.00
1595187581018.png

Or maybe a used Krieghoff for the bargain price of 9K.
1595187687422.png

I guess you're supposed to know what the rest of the gun looks like at that price range.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

Yep....I have three within two miles and one thats the best one about ten miles away Called Briley.

They have those 20k shotguns hanging on the wall that arent for sale..... to the general public. You have to have a broker.
And then they have the 10k shotguns available for us poor pukes. It truly is amazing to walk into this place and see the works of art they carry.
View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057
I guess you're supposed to know what the rest of the gun looks like at that price range.

Those are nice. :thup: My absolute favorites are the side by sides, I've seen some of the collector pieces go for as much as $100K....... Give me a good Stoeger, Charles Daly or CZ Bobwhite and I'm happy........
We have maybe twelve shops within about an 8 mile range (or less).

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057

Those are nice. :thup: My absolute favorites are the side by sides, I've seen some of the collector pieces go for as much as $100K....... Give me a good Stoeger, Charles Daly or CZ Bobwhite and I'm happy........

Love the side x sides!
I couldnt imagine taking em out in the marsh and salt air and actually hunting with some of them.
You can get a shotgun with equal qualities for a couple three grand and thats pushing it.
My Sig AR with all the goodies is pushing 5k and my FNX .45 is around 2k. My favorite bird gun is a Benelli 828 U that I havent shot in a long time because of my hip,but I cant bring myself to sell it.
The Wife freaked out about those three.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057

Love the side x sides!
I couldnt imagine taking em out in the marsh and salt air and actually hunting with some of them.
You can get a shotgun with equal qualities for a couple three grand and thats pushing it.
My Sig AR with all the goodies is pushing 5k and my FNX .45 is around 2k. My favorite bird gun is a Benelli 828 U that I havent shot in a long time because of my hip,but I cant bring myself to sell it.

I do have a Syracuse Arms Improved Damascus 12 gauge side by side (circa 1900, black powder shells only) I picked up a couple of years ago for $150.

383.jpg

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057

Love the side x sides!

I do have a Syracuse Arms Improved Damascus 12 gauge side by side (circa 1900, black powder shells only) I picked up a couple of years ago for $150.

383.jpg

Thats cool as hell!!!
Definitely a keeper!!

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057

Love the side x sides!

383.jpg

Thats cool as hell!!!
Definitely a keeper!!

Basically it's a wall hanger. The left hand barrel is all dinged up with a couple of bad rust spots on the inside and the left side main spring is broken. The return spring on the latch is either missing or broken, pretty sure I could find a return spring or manufacture one but the main spring would have to be manufactured or modified from a similar one. Oh and the main spring lock down plate screw head has been sheared off somehow.
Even most modern gunsmiths won't touch it because they don't have the 100 + year old tools required or just don't have the knowledge to fix it.

s-l1000.jpg
In all honesty, why?

View attachment 365056
View attachment 365057

Love the side x sides!

383.jpg

Thats cool as hell!!!
Definitely a keeper!!

Basically it's a wall hanger. The left hand barrel is all dinged up with a couple of bad rust spots on the inside and the left side main spring is broken. The return spring on the latch is either missing or broken, pretty sure I could find a return spring or manufacture one but the main spring would have to be manufactured or modified from a similar one. Oh and the main spring lock down plate screw head has been sheared off somehow.
Even most modern gunsmiths won't touch it because they don't have the 100 + year old tools required or just don't have the knowledge to fix it.

Shiiiiiiit!!!!
I can make springs and any other part it needed.
Unfortunately I'm retired and no longer have access to a lathe and mill.
Gunsmiths are limited in what they can do because they're limited in what they've been taught.
Take for instance springs. I made an attachment for an engine lathe that made it easy to make springs of all diameters and tensions 25 years ago. As far as i know the company I made it for is still using it.
The only thing that took any real effort was harding the spring steel.

I've never cared for pistol grips on pump shotguns myself; but "good luck" in your search.

I have a Mossberg pump action 12 gauge with a pistol grip. It holds six rounds which I alternate with slugs and buck shot. It's not good for a damn thing except home defense.

But if someone comes through the door who shouldn't they are not ever getting up again. :thup:

You could shorten the stock stock. Fill the hollow, I've used spray foam. Put in inserts for the recoil pad, simple plastic wall anchors would suffice.

You could shorten the stock stock. Fill the hollow, I've used spray foam. Put in inserts for the recoil pad, simple plastic wall anchors would suffice.
Yeah I could but after thinking about it I decided to keep the original butt stock (stored) and replace it with the short Choate butt stock. I'm keeping the original for potential resale value. The problem is finding out what they might be worth nowadays considering you can't find them for sale anywhere and Norinco doesn't even make them any more. Not a lot of information on it though I'm still searching.

Forum List

Back