CDZ Shop and Apprenticeships

I don't think they are as uncommon as you might think... Trade unions used to be the driving force behind programs of this nature... When times are lean and unemployment is high nepotism run amuck in positions that have any future... Now that we are close to full employment and the slow demise of trade unions, possibly there are more opportunities...

Why are they uncommon?

Because companies did away with them, and expect the government to train their employees for them now, or other companies. With the massive consolidations and oligarchical nature of American industries now, across the board, there is no 'minor leagues' training large numbers of skilled workers who then later move on to bigger and higher paying companies; they are all run like sweatshops now. They also now can just get stacks of green cards for many jobs now, making American schools spending on education and training for such jobs worthless.

It was okay when many thought it was only going to affect the lowly proles, people in the middle danced in the streets when wages crashed for the bottom of the food chain, but now they cry and whine over 'The Middle Class', and taxes n stuff. Don't know why they thought they wouldn't be next in line for The Treatment they so enthusiastically endorsed for all the decades from the early 1970's on, must be a belief in magic and narcissistic economic fantasy or something. Don't know why they thought they would be exempted from higher taxes, after destroying incomes for the lower half, either, and who they thought would be next in line for higher taxes; the wealthy sure weren't going to pay them, after all, and they demand bigger subsidies every year. Can't work up any personal sympathy for selfish morons who cut their own throats so thoroughly in their zeal for class warfare. Even the intelligent sociopaths have been making these points all along, and opposed them.

Last edited:
Trade unions used to be the driving force behind programs of this nature... When times are lean and unemployment is high nepotism run amuck in positions that have any future......

Yep. They forgot who they were and what the real story is, and couldn't resist screwing over people, either, no different mentalities than the companies. Can't feel any pain for them; they wanted to little clubs run for the benefit of a few, and they succeeded, to the point nobody would stand up for them any more.

Why are they uncommon?

I'll also add to the above that companies can now get essentially free labor via the 'internship' scam. They never have to hire 'skilled' people for many jobs any more, just a constant stream of 'interns' come along, and they get nice tax subsidies for that as well.

It has been almost 20 years ago that My Son was an "intern" for AOL in Dallas. Tx in between his Junior and Senior year in College... He drove a old beat up Pontiac Sunbird to Dallas from Giggleweeds, Indiana... He enjoyed himself but said it was a huge waste of time as far as learning anything... He was given a season pass to a Independent professional Baseball team somewhere in FW and that was where he was a lot of the time... If he gathered any business savvy, it was monkey business...

Nearly complete agreement with the above but how will it be implemented? My one real disagreement is the start date for inflation. European reconstruction began to kick in in the late 1950s and Johnson in particular with his guns and butter budgets let the resulting inflation rip.

Nearly complete agreement with the above but how will it be implemented? My one real disagreement is the start date for inflation. European reconstruction began to kick in in the late 1950s and Johnson in particular with his guns and butter budgets let the resulting inflation rip.

Oil prices creeping back up, further concentrations in the food industry, more Chinese money flooding into U.S. real estate, other foreign money, too, will drive up interest rates. We actually need interest rate increases, if we're serious about wanting more savings. Shedding some 30-40 million criminal illegal aliens will help, too; less bankruptcy in the safety net, higher wage growth, lower costs for schools, hospitals, lower income housing cheaper for citizens, less demand on power plants,water utilities, roads, everything.

Oil prices creeping back up, further concentrations in the food industry, more Chinese money flooding into U.S. real estate, other foreign money, too, will drive up interest rates. We actually need interest rate increases, if we're serious about wanting more savings. Shedding some 30-40 million criminal illegal aliens will help, too; less bankruptcy in the safety net, higher wage growth, lower costs for schools, hospitals, lower income housing cheaper for citizens, less demand on power plants,water utilities, roads, everything.

I hope you are right but I am agnostic as to whether you will be.

I hope you are right but I am agnostic as to whether you will be.

It's definitely coming; the question is whether it will be peaceful and orderly, or as a result of collapse. I would prefer we had leadership that will choose the first option. Neither wing of the establishment seems interested in leading, though, they both are intent on violence and collapse.

Forum List

Back