Shooting at Milo Speech....it may be a defensive shooting as left wingers were violent and aggressiv

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There was a shooting at a Milo Speech........it seems likely that this was a defensive shooting against the protestors since the shooter turned himself in....and the protestors trying to silence Milo were throwing bricks at police....

MILO Protest Shooting Suspect In Custody - Breitbart

The person of interest in thenear-fatal shooting at the MILO protest at the University of Washington has turned himself in, according to the Seattle Police Department.
He is currently being questioned about the incident by police, which involved a 32 year old male receiving a critical gunshot wound to the abdomen. Witnesses described hearing a “muffled bang and a commotion.”

According to Seattle PD, the suspect turned himself in the University of Washington police, and will now be questioned. The University of Washington police are handling the shooting investigation, with support from Seattle PD.

Seattle PD describe the anti-Trump marches in Seattle earlier in the day as “largely peaceful,” while acknowledging that they were “unfortunately book-ended by acts of vandalism and violence.”

Seattle PD acknowledge that anti-MILO protesters threw bricks and paint towards police and others in the crowd outside the venue. They also describe seizing weapons from anti-Trump protesters at Westlake Park, elsewhere in the city.

After hearing about the shooting, MILO refused to cancel his talk. “If I stopped my event now, we are sending a clear message that they can stop our events by killing people. I am not prepared to do that.”

Looks like the "violent" and "aggressive" person who went over the line was the man who shot an unarmed person. Was the the shooter a leftwinger?

I think guns are a bad idea when mixed with demonstrations and students politics. Milo is a known political provocateur - with a reputation for inciting anger with his words (and no, that is not saying he should not have been allowed to speak) but it should not have been an event with guns allowed. Someone could just as easily have shot Milo.

If he hadn't had a gun - wouldn't he have found some other means of diffusing the situation?

Guns, students, protests, and probably alcohol are a very bad mix.

There was a shooting at a Milo Speech........it seems likely that this was a defensive shooting against the protestors since the shooter turned himself in....and the protestors trying to silence Milo were throwing bricks at police....

The person of interest in thenear-fatal shooting at the MILO protest at the University of Washington has turned himself in, according to the Seattle Police Department.
He is currently being questioned about the incident by police, which involved a 32 year old male receiving a critical gunshot wound to the abdomen. Witnesses described hearing a “muffled bang and a commotion.”

According to Seattle PD, the suspect turned himself in the University of Washington police, and will now be questioned. The University of Washington police are handling the shooting investigation, with support from Seattle PD.

Seattle PD describe the anti-Trump marches in Seattle earlier in the day as “largely peaceful,” while acknowledging that they were “unfortunately book-ended by acts of vandalism and violence.”

Seattle PD acknowledge that anti-MILO protesters threw bricks and paint towards police and others in the crowd outside the venue. They also describe seizing weapons from anti-Trump protesters at Westlake Park, elsewhere in the city.

After hearing about the shooting, MILO refused to cancel his talk. “If I stopped my event now, we are sending a clear message that they can stop our events by killing people. I am not prepared to do that.”

It's a shame that we act the way we do. It was a speaking engagement. Want to listen to Milo, then go. Don't want to listen to Milo, stay home. You have no right to disrupt the event for others. Go color in a book, and let the adults make their own decisions before we start picking up rocks and throwing them back.
Go home. Soros doesn't live here any more...........

Last edited:

It's a shame that we act the way we do. It was a speaking engagement. Want to listen to Milo, then go. Don't want to listen to Milo, stay home. You have no right to disrupt the event for others. Go color in a book, and let the adults make their own decisions before we start picking up rocks and throwing them right back.
Go home. Soros doesn't live here any more...........

Protests are ok - that's part of student life. But not throwing shit, and not getting violent, and not trying to shut down speech.

Yeah it isn't like a brick over the head could hurt you........oh, wait.

Amazingly...many people have managed to survive or not get hit without having to shoot people.

Amazingly many people have not died in airplane accidents. Doesn't really matter to those who did though.

Do you think guns are appropriate to have in a mix of very high emotion, a lot of young subadults, and alcohol? I don't. I think self defense can be stretched to the point were someone finds it easier to just shoot someone rather then de-escalate a situation. I think we need to be careful of justifying the right to carry guns in any situation in any place.

Looks like the "violent" and "aggressive" person who went over the line was the man who shot an unarmed person. Was the the shooter a leftwinger?

I think guns are a bad idea when mixed with demonstrations and students politics. Milo is a known political provocateur - with a reputation for inciting anger with his words (and no, that is not saying he should not have been allowed to speak) but it should not have been an event with guns allowed. Someone could just as easily have shot Milo.

If he hadn't had a gun - wouldn't he have found some other means of diffusing the situation?

Actually, we don't know anything yet...and considering the guy turned himself in.....I am leaning toward an innocent person threatened with bodily harm by a left wing nut......

Amazingly...many people have managed to survive or not get hit without having to shoot people.

Amazingly many people have not died in airplane accidents. Doesn't really matter to those who did though.

Do you think guns are appropriate to have in a mix of very high emotion, a lot of young subadults, and alcohol? I don't. I think self defense can be stretched to the point were someone finds it easier to just shoot someone rather then de-escalate a situation. I think we need to be careful of justifying the right to carry guns in any situation in any place.

First, we don't know what exactly happened. Second, if he was carrying the gun legally, he is 21 and not a sub adult....that is only a title reserved for 26 year olds living in their family basements on obamacare....

And again......they were throwing bricks at police officers...so an innocent person is even less protected than a cop with, at minimum, a vest....and possibley a helmet and shield...

First, we don't know what exactly happened. Second, if he was carrying the gun legally, he is 21 and not a sub adult....that is only a title reserved for 26 year olds living in their family basements on obamacare....

And again......they were throwing bricks at police officers...so an innocent person is even less protected than a cop with, at minimum, a vest....and possibley a helmet and shield...

Agree, we don't know the details yet.

And, even 21 - I would still say in terms of judgement, brain development and impulse control, he is a subadult for the same reasons that he has to pay a higher auto insurance rate until 25.

Police officers have a shitload of training behind them to help them deal with situations like this - to de-escelate, to use non-lethal force. How much training did the shooter have and what did he do before resorting to lethal force?

In all honestly IA - don't you think there are some situations where hot heads and guns should not mix?

New Topics

Forum List

Back