Shooting at Jewish Lycee in Toulouse

Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day

The suspect in a series of shooting attacks in France, a self-declared Islamist militant besieged by police, has declared he will surrender later today, Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

"He is currently in a dialogue with a police official and he says, I do not know if he is telling the truth, that he he will hand himself in later in the day," the minister said, in an interview with the BFM-TV news network.

Early this morning French police officers exchanged gunfire with the man as he was besieged in a house in Tolouse. The man is suspected of killing three Jewish schoolchildren, a rabbi and three paratroopers in three attacks.

Mr Gueant said three police officers were injured in the raid on the house.

Mr Gueant said the man is 24 years old, of French nationality and says that "he belongs to al Qaida".

He said the suspect "wants to take revenge for Palestinian children" killed in the Middle East, and is angry at the French military for its operations abroad.

Mr Gueant said the man's brother was arrested.

The man was known to authorities for having spent time in Afghanistan and Pakistan, said Mr Gueant who confirmed the man's brother was arrested

Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day - timesofmalta.com
Thanks for the update. :)

So, I wonder why he targeted French soldiers who are Muslim.

Islamic terrorists kill more Muslims than any western country could ever dream of. To this typical AQ lunatic, these men would have been traitors to the faith.

Here's just a couple of days worth:

2012.03.20 (Karbala, Iraq) - Sunni bombers send thirteen Shia pilgrims straight to Allah
2012.03.20 (Baghdad, Iraq) - A Shahid suicide bomber murders five civilians

2012.03.20 (Hilla, Iraq) - Mujahideen detonate a bomb outside a cafe, incinerating two
patrons.
2012.03.20 (Fallujah, Iraq) - A pregnant woman and her 6-year-old child are dismantled by a Jihad bomb attack on their home.

2012.03.19 (Ahsanpur, Pakistan) - A 19-year-old woman is shot to death by her family on suspicion of a sexual affair.

Last edited:

Islamic terrorists kill more Muslims than any western country could ever dream of. To this typical AQ lunatic, these men would have been traitors to the faith.

2012.03.20 (Karbala, Iraq) - Sunni bombers send thirteen Shia pilgrims straight to Allah

2012.03.20 (Hilla, Iraq) - Mujahideen detonate a bomb outside a cafe, incinerating two
patrons.
2012.03.20 (Fallujah, Iraq) - A pregnant woman and her 6-year-old child are dismantled by a Jihad bomb attack on their home.

2012.03.19 (Hangu, Pakistan) - A Shiite is the victim of a targeted sectarian killing.

2012.03.19 (Ahsanpur, Pakistan) - A 19-year-old woman is shot to death by her family on suspicion of a sexual affair.
Yup. That's what I was wondering. To me, that shows even more fanaticism.

patrons.

2012.03.19 (Hangu, Pakistan) - A Shiite is the victim of a targeted sectarian killing.

I really do feel sorry for "Mohammed Six Pack" who just wants to have a family, grow some veggies, have a nice little life and just exist.

Must be hell on earth to always wonder if you're going to have a car bomb set off at your local market because some maniac neighbor decides it's time to collect his 72 virgins because he's having a bad day.

Last edited:

patrons.

I really do feel sorry for "Mohammed Six Pack" who just wants to have a family, grow some veggies, have a nice little life and just exist.

Must be hell on earth to always wonder if you're going to have a car bomb set off outside your local market because some maniac neighbor decides it's time to collect his 72 virgins because he's having a bad day.

If I had a religion I certainly wouldn't have one where I could be offed because someone thinks I'm not doing it right. So, I also feel a bit sorry for Mohammed Six Pack, but what is it that Edmund says?

Oh yeah, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Last edited:
Mohammad Merah, Toulouse Shooting Suspect

BBC News - France shootings: Police lay siege to Toulouse suspect

_59219717_014317332-1.jpg

The suspect has said he acted to "avenge Palestinian children" and said he would give himself up.

Merah claimed to have received al-Qaeda training in Pakistan's Waziristan area, and also said he had been to Afghanistan, prosecutors said.

Afghan officials told the BBC he had been jailed in Kandahar for planting bombs in 2007, but escaped in a Taliban-led break-out in 2008.

Other Afghan sources cast doubt on the claims, saying the man jailed in Kandahar might have been a different person with the same name.

Mr Molins said Merah had visited Afghanistan twice.

He gave no details of the first visit, but said Merah was captured by US forces during his second trip last year, and was put on a plane back to France.

BBC News - Toulouse shootings: France gunman 'wanted to kill more'

The suspect has said he acted to "avenge Palestinian children" and said he would give himself up.

Merah claimed to have received al-Qaeda training in Pakistan's Waziristan area, and also said he had been to Afghanistan, prosecutors said.

Afghan officials told the BBC he had been jailed in Kandahar for planting bombs in 2007, but escaped in a Taliban-led break-out in 2008.

Other Afghan sources cast doubt on the claims, saying the man jailed in Kandahar might have been a different person with the same name.

He gave no details of the first visit, but said Merah was captured by US forces during his second trip last year, and was put on a plane back to France.

The dark motor scooter pulled up and a man described as "determined and athletic" dismounted. Without removing his helmet or saying a word, he opened fire.

Witnesses described how the gunman aimed at whoever was in his path, first shooting Jonathan Sandler, 30, a rabbi and teacher, along with his two sons, Aryeh, six, and Gavriel, three, as they waited for a minibus to take them to their nursery. All three are dead.

Then, when his 9mm weapon jammed, the killer switched to a .45-calibre gun, entered the school gates and chased children as they fled for cover.

He shot a 17-year-old pupil, who is now fighting for his life in hospital, and then cornered eight-year old Miriam, the daughter of the school principal, Yaacov Monsonego.

He put the gun to her head and shot her.

This was the principals daughter. This was Miriam. I cried last night when I listened to an eyewitness describe the scene.

_Toulouse_2172170b.jpg

Toulouse shooting: little girl cornered in school and shot in head - Telegraph

Last edited:

The dark motor scooter pulled up and a man described as "determined and athletic" dismounted. Without removing his helmet or saying a word, he opened fire.

Witnesses described how the gunman aimed at whoever was in his path, first shooting Jonathan Sandler, 30, a rabbi and teacher, along with his two sons, Aryeh, six, and Gavriel, three, as they waited for a minibus to take them to their nursery. All three are dead.

Then, when his 9mm weapon jammed, the killer switched to a .45-calibre gun, entered the school gates and chased children as they fled for cover.

He shot a 17-year-old pupil, who is now fighting for his life in hospital, and then cornered eight-year old Miriam, the daughter of the school principal, Yaacov Monsonego.

He put the gun to her head and shot her.

This was the principals daughter. This was Miriam. I cried last night when I listened to an eyewitness describe the scene.

_Toulouse_2172170b.jpg

This is a major reason why we are not fruitful. G-d commanded us to be fruitful and multiply. We multiply and others subtract us. Lo these thousands of years and it continues. I know there are reasons but I can't think of any other than grand design.

Then I pray and call to my faith. I know of no other way to understand these things.

This is a major reason why we are not fruitful. G-d commanded us to be fruitful and multiply. We multiply and others subtract us. Lo these thousands of years and it continues. I know there are reasons but I can't think of any other than grand design.

Then I pray and call to my faith. I know of no other way to understand these things.

Cry me a river, Ropey. But in doing so, try not to make this into some tear-jerker over the what past tragedies the Jews have suffered, and they aren't the only people to have endured hardship. This is an isolated incident, not an extension of the Holocaust, or anything prior to that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Cry me a river, Ropey. But in doing so, try not to make this into some tear-jerker over the what past tragedies the Jews have suffered, and they aren't the only people to have endured hardship. This is an isolated incident, not an extension of the Holocaust, or anything prior to that.

You don't have to be concerned over my concern Swagger. I accept that. Yet I carry this concern which has been handed me and I hand it on...

were the bodies flown to Israel because they were israelis or for the propaganda?

You don't have to be concerned over my concern Swagger. I accept that. Yet I carry this concern which has been handed me and I hand it on...

If I were so inclined, or ideed, obliged, I might consider myself entitled to help towards fostering an anxiety and/or sympathy complex among future generations of my people. Indeed, my people have suffered a great deal at the hands of various empires, tyrants and ruling classes for millienia, as have yours. But I refuse to encourage or contribute towards any form of self-pity among my kin. It would make my people look pitiful in the eyes of others.

were the bodies flown to Israel because they were israelis or for the propaganda?

Has the sympathy mill ever needed a reason?

If I were so inclined, or ideed, obliged, I might consider myself entitled to help towards fostering an anxiety and/or sympathy complex among future generations of my people. Indeed, my people have suffered a great deal at the hands of various empires, tyrants and ruling classes for millienia, as have yours. But I refuse to encourage or contribute towards any form of self-pity among my kin. It would make my people look pitiful in the eyes of others.

You idiot... Who are your people? Have they been targeted for gencide? Sympathy is not pity. Jews don't need pity anymore....idiot

Last edited:
Police hunting a gunman suspected of killing seven people in southern France are laying siege to a flat in Toulouse.

The man, named as Mohammed Merah, 24, a Frenchman of Algerian origin, has said he belongs to al-Qaeda and acted to "avenge Palestinian children".

Police are negotiating with the man, who is still said to be armed but says he may give himself up this afternoon.

French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said the man had been tracked by French intelligence for "several years".

Police Lay Siege at Suspected Gunman's Apartment - BBC Europe
Interesting. I wonder why this alleged perp targeted soldiers who were Muslim, then.

He targeted them because they were French soldier,s I doubt if he asked if they were muslim

You idiot... Who are your people? Have they been targeted for gencide? Sympathy is not pity. Jews don't need pity anymore....idiot

Define 'people' according to the conext you've acknowledged. Though through your indignant exclamation you seem to be suggesting that yours are in some way more deserving of sympathy than my people: gentiles of (however geographically displaced from their ancestral homeland) indgenous European extraction. And I agree, Jews don't need - or ideed: deserve - any more pity than they lay claim to as a people, however recently they've suffered persecution at the hands of religious/racial outsiders. So, from what appears to be from your position, Jews needn't furnish their future generations with more cause to claim pity or sorrow than those outside of their people or 'tribe'.

Last edited:
Police hunting a gunman suspected of killing seven people in southern France are laying siege to a flat in Toulouse.

Police Lay Siege at Suspected Gunman's Apartment - BBC Europe
Interesting. I wonder why this alleged perp targeted soldiers who were Muslim, then.

He targeted them because they were French soldier,s I doubt if he asked if they were muslim
Well, earlier reports mention that the suspect was in the same unit as the other soldiers were. So, I would imagine he knew their names. The names are a dead giveaway.

Define 'people' according to the conext you've acknowledged. Though through your indignant exclamation you seem to be suggesting that yours are in some way more deserving of sympathy than my people: gentiles of (however geographically displaced from their ancestral homeland) indgenous European extraction. And I agree, Jews don't need - or ideed: deserve - any more pity than they lay claim to as a people, however recently they've suffered persecution at the hands of religious/racial outsiders. So, from what appears to be from your position, Jews needn't furnish their future generations with more cause to claim pity or sorrow than those outside of their people or 'tribe'.

The thing about you and people like you is you don't seem to be able to show any sympathy, because of your bigoted bias. There is always a but with your kind, you're trash as well as most of the rest of your buddies here.

The thing about you and people like you is you don't seem to be able to show any sympathy, because of your bigoted bias. There is always a but with your kind, you're trash as well as most of the rest of your buddies here.

You're ascribing me to some unexplainable "kind". Please elaborate. In the context I've outlined: being of indigenous gentiles of European extraction, however geographically displaced.

Forum List

Back