Shooting at Jewish Lycee in Toulouse

I think it is too early to say anything definite about where these attacks are coming from. Both racist extremists and muslim extremists may be behind this. We will have to see.

Reads like the guy went POSTAL and he killed Jewish children.

Reads like he may also have been inbolved in other attacks but the article doesn't clarify the nature of those attacks.

What can we know about this perp's motives?

Not much far as I can tell.

Who were his victims in the other incidents?

Last edited:

Reads like he may also have been inbolved in other attacks but the article doesn't clarify the nature of those attacks.

Blacks/North Africans. Soldiers or former soldiers. Same gun, and likely same scooter.

Blacks/North Africans. Soldiers or former soldiers. Same gun, and likely same scooter.

Muslims, lest we forget.

Muslims, lest we forget.
Their names are Muslim, true.

I don't believe that Neo-Nazis really care all that much, though. They have issues with skin color and Jews.

If the guy was motivated by NEO-NAZI Fraco nationalism, then he'd bacially hate JEWS and MOSLEMS fairly equally.

Since motive is damned hard to intuite all we can do is try to figure it out based on his actions, right?

Looks to me like this Franco would like his country to remain FRENCH.

If the guy was motivated by NEO-NAZI Fraco nationalism, then he'd bacially hate JEWS and MOSLEMS fairly equally.

Since motive is damned hard to intuite all we can do is try to figure it out based on his actions, right?

Looks to me like this Franco would like his country to remain FRENCH.
Yup. Lots of those around France.

Swagger brought up a good point, too. This was planned/calculated and executed with precision, IMO. To me, that implies more than one creep involved. Creepy stuff.

Police hunting a gunman suspected of killing seven people in southern France are laying siege to a flat in Toulouse.

The man, named as Mohammed Merah, 24, a Frenchman of Algerian origin, has said he belongs to al-Qaeda and acted to "avenge Palestinian children".

Police are negotiating with the man, who is still said to be armed but says he may give himself up this afternoon.

French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said the man had been tracked by French intelligence for "several years".

Police Lay Siege at Suspected Gunman's Apartment - BBC Europe

Police hunting a gunman suspected of killing seven people in southern France are laying siege to a flat in Toulouse.

The man, named as Mohammed Merah, 24, a Frenchman of Algerian origin, has said he belongs to al-Qaeda and acted to "avenge Palestinian children".

Police are negotiating with the man, who is still said to be armed but says he may give himself up this afternoon.

French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said the man had been tracked by French intelligence for "several years".

Interesting. I wonder why this alleged perp targeted soldiers who were Muslim, then.

France has ALWAYS had a contingent of FASCISTS.

No I am NOT using that word lightly...I use the word specifically --- those people subscribe to the political theory political science calls FASCISM.

Last edited:
France has ALWAYS had a contingent of FASCISTS.

No I am NOT using that word lightly...I use the word specifically --- those people subscribe to the political theory political science calls FASCISM.
This is true. So, why would Fascists find children who are Jewish a viable target? I don't think that anti-semitism is a default tenet of fascism.

Plus, it looks like this guy self-describes as al Qaeda.

Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day

The suspect in a series of shooting attacks in France, a self-declared Islamist militant besieged by police, has declared he will surrender later today, Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

"He is currently in a dialogue with a police official and he says, I do not know if he is telling the truth, that he he will hand himself in later in the day," the minister said, in an interview with the BFM-TV news network.

Early this morning French police officers exchanged gunfire with the man as he was besieged in a house in Tolouse. The man is suspected of killing three Jewish schoolchildren, a rabbi and three paratroopers in three attacks.

Mr Gueant said three police officers were injured in the raid on the house.

Mr Gueant said the man is 24 years old, of French nationality and says that "he belongs to al Qaida".

He said the suspect "wants to take revenge for Palestinian children" killed in the Middle East, and is angry at the French military for its operations abroad.

Mr Gueant said the man's brother was arrested.

The man was known to authorities for having spent time in Afghanistan and Pakistan, said Mr Gueant who confirmed the man's brother was arrested

Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day - timesofmalta.com

Last edited:
Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day

The suspect in a series of shooting attacks in France, a self-declared Islamist militant besieged by police, has declared he will surrender later today, Interior Minister Claude Gueant said.

"He is currently in a dialogue with a police official and he says, I do not know if he is telling the truth, that he he will hand himself in later in the day," the minister said, in an interview with the BFM-TV news network.

Early this morning French police officers exchanged gunfire with the man as he was besieged in a house in Tolouse. The man is suspected of killing three Jewish schoolchildren, a rabbi and three paratroopers in three attacks.

Mr Gueant said three police officers were injured in the raid on the house.

Mr Gueant said the man is 24 years old, of French nationality and says that "he belongs to al Qaida".

He said the suspect "wants to take revenge for Palestinian children" killed in the Middle East, and is angry at the French military for its operations abroad.

Mr Gueant said the man's brother was arrested.

The man was known to authorities for having spent time in Afghanistan and Pakistan, said Mr Gueant who confirmed the man's brother was arrested

Updated: French gunman says he will surrender later in day - timesofmalta.com
Thanks for the update. :)

So, I wonder why he targeted French soldiers who are Muslim.

Interesting. I wonder why this alleged perp targeted soldiers who were Muslim, then.

now you are wondering.. :doubt:

Forum List

Back