Shooter Devin Kelley, Dishonorable Discharged Atheist

Granny says, "Dat's right - sue dey's socks off...
thumbsup.gif

Air Force Could Face Record Lawsuits Over Mass Shooting
13 Nov 2017 | The Air Force faces millions in potential liability for the mass shooting at a small-town church in Texas, legal experts say.
The Air Force faces many millions of dollars in potential liability for the mass shooting at a small-town church in Texas earlier this month by a former servicemember, legal experts say. "I think it's almost inevitable that the Air Force will be sued," said retired Lt. Gen. Richard Harding, former judge advocate general of the service. "And I think there's a case that can be made, you bet." If lawsuits against the Air Force were successful, said Don Christensen, the service's former top prosecutor, the damages could be huge. "What is being shot while you're in church, watching your baby be killed -- what's it worth?" Christensen said. "I don't see how it's not the biggest financial payout in the history of the Air Force."

U.S. laws rarely provide for victims of gun violence to seek compensations in civil lawsuits, and the doctrine of sovereign immunity prevents many lawsuits against the government. But this case is exceptional, experts said. Devin Kelley, who's alleged to have killed and injured scores of parishioners on Nov. 5 in Texas' worst mass shooting, was convicted of domestic violence assault in 2012 while in the Air Force. Under a 1996 law precluding spouse and child abusers from possessing firearms, the service's Office of Special Investigations should have entered that conviction into an FBI database. The office didn't, the Air Force has acknowledged. What's more, the acts Kelley pleaded guilty to -- breaking his baby stepson's skull and hitting and kicking his then-wife -- were punishable by imprisonment of more than a year. That qualifies them as felonies, which must be entered into the database.

texas-shooting-memorial-1200-07-nov-2017-ts600.png

Meredith Cooper and her 8-year-old daughter visit a memorial of 26 metal crosses near First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas​

Having cleared an FBI background check, Kelley bought an AR-556 rifle from a San Antonio gun store that authorities say he used to kill 25 people, including numerous children and a pregnant woman, and wound 20 more. The military's failure to enter Kelley's conviction potentially constitutes negligence. Lawsuits against the government claiming negligence are allowed to proceed in court. "We believe there's a good legal claim against the Air Force for their failure to report," said Jamal Alsaffar, a partner in an Austin, Texas-based law firm that has won many millions of dollars in damages from the military, most of them in medical malpractice suits. "Had they done so, Kelley would not have been able to purchase the weapon he used. "This was an obvious duty to report foreseeable danger. They had unique access to report, they didn't, and I would like to know why."

The Federal Torts Claims Act prevents lawsuits against the government for harm resulting from discretionary or policy decisions. For example, the commanding general who allowed a jury rather than the judge to sentence Kelley -- resulting in his getting only a year in prison and a bad conduct discharge rather than a more appropriate longer sentence and dishonorable discharge -- was "an incredible fool," Christensen said. "But you couldn't sue him for that because that was discretionary." But reporting the case to the FBI database was not discretionary. "It was required by law," Christensen said. Plaintiffs in FTCA cases must also show that the harm caused by the negligence was foreseeable. "I think it's clearly foreseeable Kelley would commit an act of violence. The threats he's made against his wife and his commanders -- they knew that," Christensen said.

MORE

I said 2 years ago that Obama and the media were intentionally using inflammatory, hateful rhetoric to create more of these mass-shootings. That is what Fast & Furious was about. Making sure the wrong people had guns and then letting them murder people along the Southern border. It was just one method they planned on using to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. This scumbag was allowed to buy guns by the government. The government and their corrupt media friends gave him the incentive to do murder. Now they're walking out of a moment of silence in congress and posting protest videos.

Fuck them all.
And the vegas shooter?
Apparently the truth about the shooter is a bit elusive.
I know that he used to be an IRS officer.
I also know that people are dying around this attack in really coincidental ways.
I saw a story online about one witness who survived the attack openly said was being chased by "TWO ATTACKERS" ended up dying.
Survivors are getting death threats. Las Vegas shooting victim slammed with death threats
I can't vouch for anything the corrupt media reports on this. I believe there is a bunch of misinformation being put out there to discredit anyone who questions the government's version of this case.

However, the target is the same.
Conservatives.
Tells me pretty much everything I need to know.

Links
Las Vegas shooting survivors dead in car crash

NYC man threatens 'Las Vegas repeat' after app closes his account

Your first link is a very high quality publication. The writer doesn't even know the the difference in "pedal" and "petal".

It also claims the daughter heard the crash and saw her parent's car in flames when the crash occurred "less than a half mile" from their home. That child has some good ears and good eyes unless they crashed on their own property.

Garbage journalism is what I would call it.

Forum List

Back