Shoot or not shoot?

Would you shoot this person or not shoot this person?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And THIS IS WHY you don't shoot to kill on a whim.....
No one ever does that. You're still assuming way too much.

My interest in getting a gun or shotgun, are to protect my cats from bears or coyotes or wolves!
You're really going to shoot at animals, outside? Have you any idea how far a slug can travel downrange? This is why it's illegal to discharge a firearm outdoors in most cities.

I would never shoot a bear, a coyote or a wolf. If you want to protect your cats keep them in the house. The law says you gotta do that, too, in most cities.

If you live out in the County, these may or may not apply depending on local laws of course.

i live in rural maine....there are no restrictions on shooting coyote or skunks or other nuisances that i know of, other than wild turkey, if they are a nuisance, you have to call fish and wildlife, to come and reposition them, farther in to the wild cuz they are STILL on the endangered species thingy for maine, (the Lord only, knows why...these suckers are everywhere!)....my neighbor offered to kill the skunk that is hanging around my bird feeders, i declined the offer of course! And also offered to kill any coyote of which he warned me he saw a pack of them in the meadow across the way from the both of us? So i am presuming these things are A-ok where we are?

on weekends, sometimes... i hear my neighbor and his 2 young adult boys shooting on his property, target practice i presume? or killing rabbits eating their garden?:confused: though the consistency of it, seemed more like target practice!

no, hadn't planned on killing the animal either, just hopefully scaring it away....not certain if that would even work....i just would feel terrible if i had to idly sit by while viewing a coyote tear one of my cats apart. :(

care
Trap and relocate. That's what I do.

No one ever does that. You're still assuming way too much.

You're really going to shoot at animals, outside? Have you any idea how far a slug can travel downrange? This is why it's illegal to discharge a firearm outdoors in most cities.

I would never shoot a bear, a coyote or a wolf. If you want to protect your cats keep them in the house. The law says you gotta do that, too, in most cities.

If you live out in the County, these may or may not apply depending on local laws of course.

i live in rural maine....there are no restrictions on shooting coyote or skunks or other nuisances that i know of, other than wild turkey, if they are a nuisance, you have to call fish and wildlife, to come and reposition them, farther in to the wild cuz they are STILL on the endangered species thingy for maine, (the Lord only, knows why...these suckers are everywhere!)....my neighbor offered to kill the skunk that is hanging around my bird feeders, i declined the offer of course! And also offered to kill any coyote of which he warned me he saw a pack of them in the meadow across the way from the both of us? So i am presuming these things are A-ok where we are?

on weekends, sometimes... i hear my neighbor and his 2 young adult boys shooting on his property, target practice i presume? or killing rabbits eating their garden?:confused: though the consistency of it, seemed more like target practice!

no, hadn't planned on killing the animal either, just hopefully scaring it away....not certain if that would even work....i just would feel terrible if i had to idly sit by while viewing a coyote tear one of my cats apart. :(

care
Trap and relocate. That's what I do.

you have to realize, other than being born in the sticks of alabama, and living in a few rural places when very young, my adult life has been spent in residential neighborhoods or cities...i have had city water and sewer my entire life, until we both decided we had it, just had enough of the fast lane and moved here, with a well and septic....i am lucky i have electric! there is no cable, no cable internet, and no dsl from any source cuz my telephone line to this region is too antiquated and can't carry the load.... i am paying thru the roof for a measly speed that is way less than a gig...with a wireless service for my laptop that doesn't work if it is raining....yet, the post office is just a mile and a half away, with absolutely no lines to ship at Christmas, and the grocer is less than 2 .5 miles away...it is about 30 miles to a small mall, with a small selection of stores....IT IS LOVELY HERE! :D

And still a complete adventure for both Matt and me!

I hated guns, till I got here...now, they don't bother me at all...everyone has them, (except us), they seem like a necessity here...honestly, I never would have understood such, if it hadn't been for moving here and seeing how much everyone depends on their guns...I don't think we even have a policeman or sheriff here at night, he's off duty at 7pm I heard and is on call if something happens...and he ain't even a sheriff but i think they call him a Constable? What ever the heck that is...?

Anyway, if someone was trying to break in here which is highly unlikely...(no one even lock doors here when they go out to the store), I would call Dave, my neighbor with all the guns before calling the police...he could be here much quicker than the Constable... who lives several miles down the road.

Though what is funny, is that the constable owns land down at the end of mine and Dave's private road, and i see him more hauling dirt out in one of his trucks for a business he has than i have ever seen him in his constable position!

Care

you have to realize
No, I don't "have to realize" anything.

I will however, stay on-topic:

A man shot and killed two teenagers and wounded another when they tried breaking into his home early Friday.

SAN MARCOS, TEXAS (AP) -- A fourth teenager was arrested and is expected to be charged with aggravated robbery.

Three of the four male teenagers who tried breaking into the home were armed, one with a handgun and two with pellet guns that looked like more powerful weapons, San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams said.

One of the three college-aged people who lived in the rental home opened fire on the teens with a .40-caliber Glock pistol, killing two 16-year-olds and wounding another suspect. A 17-year-old suspect fled the scene but was captured and arrested after returning to the scene to check on his friends, police said. He's expected to be charged with aggravated robbery, Williams said.
One would think it wouldn't take too many of these, to get the word out so coward puke criminals realize it's really a bad idea to do home invasions in Texas. We will likely be armed and we WILL blow your shit away.

Story here: Police: 2 teens killed trying to break into home : News : KVII

Forum List

Back