Shock claim: Bush wants impose martial law

well this surely is justice for all those that voted for geoge bush and gave support for the iraq war, that now not only is your econmoy about to collapse, and your constitution being burned as we speek but your going to be put under a state of emergency with the same techniques used against the iraqi people to be used on you, dont look for eurpe to help you out. we'll just watch like you did in the second world war.

Now if the banks fail and a collapse occurs he may have to impose martial law, but it will be with Congressional approval ...

Like how getting congressional approval for the bailout involved threatening martial law?

It is bizarre. We didn't want the bailout, the stock market is still sliding, McCain is now talking about another 300 billion dolalrs for mortgages, credit has not yet eased, the fed and other banks around the world are doing all they can, ... and it looks like at least some of this stuff, that we the people on either side of the aisle didn't want, is happening because someone in washington is saying things like 'if you don't pass it well have to impose martial law.'

And, it is a matter of record that Bush got rid of the martial comitatus thingy, and that there are now troops doing martial law training exercises on home soil -for the first time in decades.

I don't personally have a problem with the topic going under conspiracy theory, but there's plenty that is in the record that is creepy and a real departure from past administrations, on this.

Last edited:
Like how getting congressional approval for the bailout involved threatening martial law?

It is bizarre. We didn't want the bailout, the stock market is still sliding, McCain is now talking about another 300 billion dolalrs for mortgages, credit has not yet eaed, the fed and other banks around the world are doing all they can, ... and it looks like at least some of this stuff, that we the people on either side of the aisle didn't want, is happening because someone in washington is saying things like 'if you don't pass it well have to impose martial law.'

And, it is a matter of record that Bush got rid of the martial comitatus thingy, and that there are now troops doing martial law training exercises on home soil -for the first time in decades.

I don't persnopally have a problem with it going under conspiracy theory, but there's plenty that is in the record that is creepy and a real departure from past administrations, on this.

Claiming congress passed the bailout under duress is bullshit.

Did you watch the sherman video?

[youtube]HaG9d_4zij8[/youtube]

Last edited:

It is bizarre. We didn't want the bailout, the stock market is still sliding, McCain is now talking about another 300 billion dolalrs for mortgages, credit has not yet eased, the fed and other banks around the world are doing all they can, ... and it looks like at least some of this stuff, that we the people on either side of the aisle didn't want, is happening because someone in washington is saying things like 'if you don't pass it well have to impose martial law.'

I don't personally have a problem with the topic going under conspiracy theory, but there's plenty that is in the record that is creepy and a real departure from past administrations, on this.

I want to see a $750 billion federal budget for education. When Bush slashed $4.3 billion for education, I thought "Well, we need money for the wars, and we have to adhere to our budget, so ok." Now we can just print up money from nowhere and spend it as we please. I want our education system to rival China's and India's. I want my 7 year old to be affluent in Japanese language and culture. I want my 10 year old to know calculus. I want the teachers on multi-million dollar salaries.

This way, our children won't be stupid enough to ever vote for a fucking idiot like George Bush is and we won't be left with two candidates that are as passionate for being president of the united states as they are about receiving prostate exams.

I want to see a $750 billion federal budget for education. When Bush slashed $4.3 billion for education, I thought "Well, we need money for the wars, and we have to adhere to our budget, so ok." Now we can just print up money from nowhere and spend it as we please. I want our education system to rival China's and India's. I want my 7 year old to be affluent in Japanese language and culture. I want my 10 year old to know calculus. I want the teachers on multi-million dollar salaries.

This way, our children won't be stupid enough to ever vote for a fucking idiot like George Bush is and we won't be left with two candidates that are as passionate for being president of the united states as they are about receiving prostate exams.

Well you can start by STOP teaching them shit like the sky is falling. It's just one more thing they will have to unlearn.

You fallen for the liberal spiel. You have created such a Frankenshteen out of Bush that you have forgotten that who made him. Hoisted on you own petard if you will.

I thought he was a fucking menace the first time I heard him speak, same for Palin. This kind of shit is the kind of shit that makes me think my menace-meter is working pretty well.

We do not need martial law and threats of it and training exercises in Indianapolis - and this is my libertarian side not my liberal side speaking.

Here's a blog responding to the alternet article in the OP:

The UnCapitalist Journal - Was Martial Law Threatened?

It falls between what you are saying and what I am saying and is a reasonable summary.

I thought he was a fucking menace the first time I heard him speak, same for Palin. This kind of shit is the kind of shit that makes me think my menace-meter is working pretty well.

We do not need martial law and threats of it and training exercises in Indianapolis - and this is my libertarian side not my liberal side speaking.

Here's a blog responding to the alternet article in the OP:

The UnCapitalist Journal - Was Martial Law Threatened?

It falls between what you are saying and what I am saying and is a reasonable summary.

It falls under the category of "If this were true it would be bad"

Now if the banks fail and a collapse occurs he may have to impose martial law, but it will be with Congressional approval and it will not halt delay or prevent a New President from assuming office.

Why would he have to impose MARTIAL LAW?

And if he did, would you join with him in defending his right to do so?

If the moon falls crashing to the earth it's bad too. Get a grip. I thought you were way more rational than this .

:lol:

But there is no evidence of the moon crashing into the earth. In fact physical laws prevent it anytime soon.

Brad Sherman made a damning accusation. Can we agree on this?

Why would he have to impose MARTIAL LAW?

ya I don't get this. Is the idea that a depression would have us running around shooting people up and creating havoc (maybe like NO after Katrina) and so there was just plain fear in DC that the entire US would fall apart if we didn't go into deeper debt to try to fix it?

Holy cow!

Or, is Sherman lying like Dillo is saying?

:lol:

But there is no evidence of the moon crashing into the earth. In fact physical laws prevent it anytime soon.

Brad Sherman made a damning accusation. Can we agree on this?

He made a vague insinuation at best and it is being supported by ZERO other people in the house or the senate. It was an irresponsible statement with little to no verification or context.

So... if some others come forward and substantiate it, it is more of a concern?

And I had no idea about this, prior to this thread:

In October 2006, Bush signed into law the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Quietly slipped into the law at the last minute, at the request of the Bush administration, were sections changing important legal principles, dating back 200 years, which limit the U.S. government's ability to use the military to intervene in domestic affairs. These changes would allow Bush, whenever he thinks it necessary, to institute martial law--under which the military takes direct control over civilian administration.

Bush Paves the Way for Martial Law: 2007 National Defense Authorization Act overturns Posse Comitatus Act

It's a problem because it is looking like a pattern - he overturns posse comitatus (matter of record), and now there are rumors that something as harmless as tightening credit and slipping socks is enough to declare martial law.

I agree that they should be substantiated, sure, of course, but I am glad to be brought up to speed on some of this.

Last edited:
Sarge! I'm glad you're here. You seem to be ignoring me in the other threads. Can you please tell me when you're going to denounce John McCain for lying to you?

He hasn't lied, we already been over this. But do keep defending Liberal turds that make thread after thread of the most ignorant claims and then run away when ask for some proof.

Forum List

Back