Shirley Temple

That is what I was fixin' to say, Borillar. Heidi was my fav. Oh, and the one where she was supposedly an orphan because her daddy was a soldier and in a coma so the mean headmistress made her live in the attic with another little girl.

My favs. Hopefully, those two movies will be shown on tv in dedication.

I will be looking foward to Shirley Temple week coming up on one of the classic movie channels.

That is what I was fixin' to say, Borillar. Heidi was my fav. Oh, and the one where she was supposedly an orphan because her daddy was a soldier and in a coma so the mean headmistress made her live in the attic with another little girl.

The Little Princess

Why were those other girls always so mean to Shirley?

Last edited:

The Little Princess

Because they were mean?
Usually, cruelty comes from insecurity and jealousy.

Amazingly cute...totally and absolutely adorable....Princess of 1930s Hollywood ...

today is a sad day :(

RIP sweet Shirley.

The Little Princess

Because they were mean?
Usually, cruelty comes from insecurity and jealousy.

I thought it had something to do with plot development

In 1938, congress investigated whether Shirley Temple was a communist. They graciously concluded that she wasn't. She was 10 years old.

The Milwaukee Journal - Google News Archive Search

BgNL7t0CQAMvF-p.png

Yep...she was great.

Do you libs know she was a REPUBLICAN? AHHHHHHHHHHHH.....UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...She even worked for your anti-Christ Tricky Dickie Nixon....

Do you HATE her now?

Didn't know that, but that is the best kind of Republican. She didn't let her politics overshadow her art. Ted Nugent could learn a lesson from her.

I think she was a lady, in the best possible way.

What really set Shirley apart was her amazing ability to tap dance. Check out the long center of this complicated dance done in one continuous take. No music and very entertaining. With Alice Faye and the future Tin Woodman. Funny that the son of the Tin Woodman was married to the daughter of Dorothy Gale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back