Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

The Obama White House demands a woman be fired over a speculative news story????

And demands that firing post-haste - within mere hours in fact???

And some liberals in here are blaming the reporting of the story and not the reactionary Obama administration's demands for her resignation based soley on the speculative outcomes of that speculative story??????

How completely and utterly bereft of common sense and any semblance of rightful judgement..

______

No one has yet to adequately defend the Obama administration for this total absence of responsible leadership...

There's nothing to defend. The Obama adminstration has proven (again) to be one that stupidly kneejerks at petty crap. They were completely foolish and irresponsible for taking Breitbart at face value and trying to get ahead of the story instead of actually fact checking it themselves.

The Obama White House demands a woman be fired over a speculative news story????

And some liberals in here are blaming the reporting of the story and not the reactionary Obama administration's demands for her resignation based soley on the speculative outcomes of that speculative story??????

How completely and utterly bereft of common sense and any semblance of rightful judgement...

i am on record, in this very thread i believe, that i think what the agriculture secretary and administration did was very wrong, and the agri secretary should be fired for firing her, because in THIS COUNTRY, we are presumed innocent, until PROVEN guilty....

Barney Frank didn't resign when he was accused and neither did jefferson(i think that was his name....the guy with the money in the freezer) until he was convicted....and these were actual accusations of crimes vs prejudice....

yet with this woman, they used their power to intimidate her in to resigning without hearing her out? that ain;t kosher in my book!

How completely and utterly bereft of common sense and any semblance of rightful judgement...

______

No one has yet to adequately defend the Obama administration for this total absence of responsible leadership...

No one has yet to adequately defend? Mr. S - not one of the libs has yet to mention the administration.

True dat - the Obama White House is becoming the weird cousin that nobody in the family wants to talk about...:lol::lol::lol:

And yes, the Obama shitter is indeed full...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9qmpe3eHA&feature=related]YouTube - SH*TTER was full[/ame]

i am on record, in this very thread i believe, that i think what the agriculture secretary and administration did was very wrong, and the agri secretary should be fired for firing her, because in THIS COUNTRY, we are presumed innocent, until PROVEN guilty....

Barney Frank didn't resign when he was accused and neither did jefferson(i think that was his name....the guy with the money in the freezer) until he was convicted....and these were actual accusations of crimes vs prejudice....

yet with this woman, they used their power to intimidate her in to resigning without hearing her out? that ain;t kosher in my book!
____

Good - and do you admit that the Obama administration's very odd and post-haste demand for her firing/resignation is the most important aspect of this story? For if not, you're engaging in passive deflection and not embracing the harsh reality of just how inept the Obama White House was in this particular case...

Last edited:
look sinatra....everyone on the right has been CLAIMING that FOXNEWS.com did not run the story UNTIL AFTER she was fired....then they blasted Ravi for showing that FOX NATION was all over it and excused such as a blog, NOT Fox News....

ALL I have been saying, yesterday and now is that Foxnews DID run the story BEFORE she was fired and EVERYONE on the rightwing on this site have been DENYING SUCH or they have asked me to PROVE IT...............so that is what i just did.

I had seen it on Fox News.com, but by yesterday, it had been REMOVED....i even made mention yesterday that i could not find it, it had been removed by Fox or i was just too computer illiterate to find it again... people here, accused me of lying or being dishonest....

I don't know if Foxnews.com amplification of the breibart story and requesting a response from the USDA or the NAACP pushed the agri secretary to ask for her resignation....the asst sec of agriculture told sherrod they needed her to resign before Beck's show that afternoon because he supposedly was going to air it....so it appears this is what the usda thought or were told by fox or they just made the whole thing up to get sherrod to resign....I don't know?

BUT what I do know, is that Fox News DID have it on their website, the same timing as breitbart....and those rightwingers saying they DID NOT, are wrong.....simple as that.

care

FoxNation is a fan driven blog you lying dipshit.

HOG,

It clearly says FOX NEWS in the upper left hand corner, doesn't it?

you are so high strung....maybe you need to spend more 'quality time' with a loved one, to release some of that frustration of yours, dear!

kisses!

care

Do you not understand this internet contraption and it's use of hyperlinks? This site , I believe, has blogs, does that mean ANYONE hear can go post on a blog and someone else can say look USMB posted that because there is a link to their website right there on the page? Of course not, you're just being a liar.

____

Good - and do you admit that the Obama administration's very odd and post-haste demand for her firing/resignation is the most important aspect of this story? For if not, you engaging in passive deflection and not embracing the harsh reality of just how inept the Obama White was in this particular case...

Well, I don't think that is the most important part of this story, I do think Breitbart using an edited tape that smeared this woman is the ROOT of this mess and it should be the first thing we focus on, and how it whipped across the net like fire....with everyone believing this woman was a racist from it....including myself for a nano second....

How could we all be duped so easily, is secondary to WHO EDITED THE TAPE that slandered this woman and duped us.

Then I would move onward to what lead the Agri secretary and administration to be duped so easily and to cower?

FoxNation is a fan driven blog you lying dipshit.

HOG,

you are so high strung....maybe you need to spend more 'quality time' with a loved one, to release some of that frustration of yours, dear!

kisses!

care

Do you not understand this internet contraption and it's use of hyperlinks? This site , I believe, has blogs, does that mean ANYONE hear can go post on a blog and someone else can say look USMB posted that because there is a link to their website right there on the page? Of course not, you're just being a liar.

As I have said, the snapshot that i linked to does NOT say Fox Nation, it SAYS- FOX NEWS in the upper left hand corner....????

The writing style in those paragraphs is starkly different from the style found in the foxnews.com intial report.

I cut and pasted this part: this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail into google and found this:

Daily Kos: Andrew Breitbart is a liar, and the NAACP should be ashamed..

You quoted Breitbart. Not Fox. I hope it was an honest mistake.
I didn't quote Bigotbart, I cited the cache of the FOXnation blog page quoting Bigotbart.

Which is...quoting Breitbart.

And you should have idenitified it as "FOX Nation" which is a forum, distinct from foxnews.com. By simply referring to it as "FOX," you are misleading your readers, and you are calling Fox News employees racists.
Except that post was an in house FOX post not a member post. There is no member name with the post. The FOX employees made the post.

____

Good - and do you admit that the Obama administration's very odd and post-haste demand for her firing/resignation is the most important aspect of this story? For if not, you engaging in passive deflection and not embracing the harsh reality of just how inept the Obama White was in this particular case...

Well, I don't think that is the most important part of this story, I do think Breitbart using an edited tape that smeared this woman is the ROOT of this mess and it should be the first thing we focus on, and how it whipped across the net like fire....with everyone believing this woman was a racist from it....including myself for a nano second....

How could we all be duped so easily, is secondary to WHO EDITED THE TAPE that slandered this woman and duped us.

Then I would move onward to what lead the Agri secretary and administration to be duped so easily and to cower?
What is even more interesting is that Beck revealed that Bigotbart had the tape since APRIL!!!!!!!
So he had plenty of time to confirm it's accuracy. Whether he edited it or not, he had to know it was a fraud to claim the tape showed her as a racist.

I didn't quote Bigotbart, I cited the cache of the FOXnation blog page quoting Bigotbart.

And you should have idenitified it as "FOX Nation" which is a forum, distinct from foxnews.com. By simply referring to it as "FOX," you are misleading your readers, and you are calling Fox News employees racists.
Except that post was an in house FOX post not a member post. There is no member name with the post. The FOX employees made the post.
can you find a link to a member post?
i tried but couldnt tell since every post looks the same to me

HOG,

kisses!

care

As I have said, the snapshot that i linked to does NOT say Fox Nation, it SAYS- FOX NEWS in the upper left hand corner....????

Care, I think we need to clarify. THIS is what you posted a page or two back in this thread:

Published July 19, 2010
FoxNews.com

sherrod_pic_397x224.jpg

Shown here is USDA Georgia official Shirley Sherrod. (YouTube)

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

Sherrod explained that at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture referred him to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say

...which I found last night and posted in another thread. I found it here:

Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

THIS is what Edthecynic posted, which is a direct quote of Breitbart, that apparently appeared on a FOX Nation page.

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer

We are in possession of a video in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him, and she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs her that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind.” She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement -- hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.

Which you can verify with a trusted Progressive source here:

Daily Kos: State of the Nation.

Do you see how yours (and mine) is the initial foxnews.com item, and Ed's is a pick-up quote from Fox Nation?

____

What is even more interesting is that Beck revealed that Bigotbart had the tape since APRIL!!!!!!!
So he had plenty of time to confirm it's accuracy. Whether he edited it or not, he had to know it was a fraud to claim the tape showed her as a racist.

No, actually the man told , i believe it was Hannity, that he received confirmation that the video EXISTED in April, but t hat the DVD clip he received then didn't play anything

Fox news claims that they broke the story on FOX NEWS.com shortly before it was announced that she resigned....see my thread, liar liar pants on fire, for the link to FOXNEWS saying such. They specifically SAID it was FOXNEWS.COM....they did not say that it was Fox Nation in this article.

(it was announced to Fox news on monday, right after she was fired...guess the admin wanted FOX to be the first to know, because the Agri secretary did not announce it in a press conference until Tuesday morning I think*, so someone from the admin or agri dept called fox news and told them or a Fox reporter on the case was told by the admin or agri dept, I presume?)

Last edited:
____

Well if he did know it was not the full video and did it on purpose then he is joining many in the left wing media:

'Call Them Racists'

And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they've put upon us. Instead, take one of them--Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares--and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction.

'Call Them Racists' - WSJ.com

Care, I think we need to clarify. THIS is what you posted a page or two back in this thread:

Published July 19, 2010
FoxNews.com

sherrod_pic_397x224.jpg

Shown here is USDA Georgia official Shirley Sherrod. (YouTube)

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

Sherrod explained that at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture referred him to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say

...which I found last night and posted in another thread. I found it here:

Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

THIS is what Edthecynic posted, which is a direct quote of Breitbart, that apparently appeared on a FOX Nation page.

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer

We are in possession of a video in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him, and she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs her that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind.” She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement -- hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.

Which you can verify with a trusted Progressive source here:

Daily Kos: State of the Nation.

Do you see how yours (and mine) is the initial foxnews.com item, and Ed's is a pick-up quote from Fox Nation?

She probably can, but won't. They are in full attack FoxNews mode, and facts don't matter.

Which you just told me awhile ago yourself it is a Breitbart quote!

Are you saying that Andrew Breitbart works in-house for Fox News Channel?

Last edited:

Thank you for admitting that the OP was not from a member/fan but was made by a FOX employee. Only the comments come from members, or as another CON puts it, are "fan driven."

Which you just told me awhile ago yourself it is a Breitbart quote!

Are you saying that Andrew Breitbart works in-house for Fox News Channel?
Don't you guys think you are milking the dumb act just a little bit too much?

I told you it was the in house FOX employees who quoted Bigotbart.
IOW, the OP was not "fan driven."

Well, this is interesting, apparently the Washington Post is confirming that outside of a few comments by Oreilly FoxNews did not touch the story until after the announcement of her firing.

In fact they say,

After a news meeting Monday afternoon, an e-mail directive was sent to the news staff in which Fox Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."

There's some other interesting comments, such as confirmation that Oreilly didn't record his show until 5 pm etc etc

washingtonpost.com

Thank you for admitting that the OP was not from a member/fan but was made by a FOX employee. Only the comments come from members, or as another CON puts it, are "fan driven."
i did no such thing
i cant find any post that shows WHO posted it
you said that member posts would show who posted it
please find me one posted by a member
then i will agree it had to be a FoxNews.com employee

Forum List

Back