Otter_Creek

worst president ever
Jul 2, 2006
The Former USA
Sheriffs say 5-year-old concealed-carry law works

Published: Saturday, April 4, 2009

By David S. Glasier
[email protected]

Little or no fanfare is expected Wednesday on the fifth anniversary of Ohio's adoption of a concealed-carry law for firearms.

Still, the event carries historical heft.

Ohio Revised Code 2923.12 hit the books on April 8, 2004. Since then, the state has issued about 145,000 licenses for "CCW," short for concealed-carry weapons.

Individuals with CCW licenses are permitted to carry loaded handguns as long as they comply with concealment requirements. They also must avoid carrying concealed weapons in government buildings, courthouses, school zones and other areas specified as off-limits by the law.

Gun-rights advocates say that Ohio's concealed-carry law has fulfilled its promise.

"Statistics have shown that in Ohio and across the United States, CCW laws have resulted in a reduction of violent crimes. They've given law-abiding private citizens a tool for protecting themselves".

Story;
Sheriffs say 5-year-old concealed-carry law works - The News-Herald News : Breaking news coverage for Northern Ohio

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:clap2:

As we applaud, Yukon is looking for anything he can cut and paste to post here showing how many people have died in Ohio from handguns, knives, roller coaster accidents and auto-erotic asphyxiation.

:clap2:

As we applaud, Yukon is looking for anything he can cut and paste to post here showing how many people have died in Ohio from handguns, knives, roller coaster accidents and auto-erotic asphyxiation.
LMAO! Ain't that the sad truth...:cool:

By David S. Glasier
[email protected]

Little or no fanfare is expected Wednesday on the fifth anniversary of Ohio's adoption of a concealed-carry law for firearms.

Ohio Revised Code 2923.12 hit the books on April 8, 2004. Since then, the state has issued about 145,000 licenses for "CCW," short for concealed-carry weapons.

Individuals with CCW licenses are permitted to carry loaded handguns as long as they comply with concealment requirements. They also must avoid carrying concealed weapons in government buildings, courthouses, school zones and other areas specified as off-limits by the law.

Gun-rights advocates say that Ohio's concealed-carry law has fulfilled its promise.

"Statistics have shown that in Ohio and across the United States, CCW laws have resulted in a reduction of violent crimes. They've given law-abiding private citizens a tool for protecting themselves".

I would really like to see those "statistics". Here in Minnesota we have had concealed carry for many years. The result? Nothing! No decrease in crime. No stirring stories of bad guys being routed amonst a hail of bullets fired by the good guys.

There has been a small, and admittedly statistically insicnificant, increase in juvenile gun accidents.

So show me the statistics between areas with comparable demographics.

Those who are against guns should attempt to overturn the 2nd Amendment. Until that Amendment is repealed, we get to carry.

Deal with it.

Personally, I don't own a gun. I don't really live in an area where it's a big necessity, and besides: My dogs raise a ruckus if anyone farts on my street. And I live in a culdesac in a neighborhood with one entrance and many dead ends, AND the neighborhood is down the end of a long road with only one way in and one way out. Plus, our local police department is legendary for their response time. Their goal (and they make that goal) is under three minutes. If I call 911, I guarantee I'll hear sirens within 60 seconds. Our police force is second to none.

Plus, I'm pretty handy with a blade, so if someone gets in, gets past the dogs, and isn't extremely aware of his surroundings, he's going to be crawling about twenty feet with a trail of blood behind him. And when he reaches the front door, he'll see pretty blue and red flashing lights.

Those who are against guns should attempt to overturn the 2nd Amendment. Until that Amendment is repealed, we get to carry.

Deal with it.

Personally, I don't own a gun. I don't really live in an area where it's a big necessity, and besides: My dogs raise a ruckus if anyone farts on my street. And I live in a culdesac in a neighborhood with one entrance and many dead ends, AND the neighborhood is down the end of a long road with only one way in and one way out. Plus, our local police department is legendary for their response time. Their goal (and they make that goal) is under three minutes. If I call 911, I guarantee I'll hear sirens within 60 seconds. Our police force is second to none.

Plus, I'm pretty handy with a blade, so if someone gets in, gets past the dogs, and isn't extremely aware of his surroundings, he's going to be crawling about twenty feet with a trail of blood behind him. And when he reaches the front door, he'll see pretty blue and red flashing lights.

Have you heard the old saying, "Never bring a knife to a gun fight?"

By David S. Glasier
[email protected]

I would really like to see those "statistics". Here in Minnesota we have had concealed carry for many years. The result? Nothing! No decrease in crime. No stirring stories of bad guys being routed amonst a hail of bullets fired by the good guys.

There has been a small, and admittedly statistically insicnificant, increase in juvenile gun accidents.

The article quoted two Sheriff's and a Deputy(who owns a gun store)That were in favor of their CCW law.
I'm on dial up, you want statistics search for them.

Deal with it.

Have you heard the old saying, "Never bring a knife to a gun fight?"

I wouldn't want to match up my dogs bite to a gun fight either.

The article quoted two Sheriff's and a Deputy(who owns a gun store)That were in favor of their CCW law.

I have and concealed carry means nothing in the prevention of crime. I suppose you could find some more deputies (that own gun stores) if you liked. It would still mean nothing.

I have and concealed carry means nothing in the prevention of crime. I suppose you could find some more deputies (that own gun stores) if you liked. It would still mean nothing.

The two Sheriff's don't own gun stores and I'm sure you can find plenty others that agree with them.
This has a lot more to do with our freedoms than it does crime. There's good and bad story's about CCW holders I'm sure.
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

That makes sense. Criminals are less likely to rob you if they think you might have a weapon. Regardless, whether it works or not doesn't really matter to me. As long as 2nd Amendment rights are upheld, I'm happy.

Forum List

Back