Sheriff Clarke, African Americans should be the strongest supporters of the 2nd amendment...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Sheriff David Clarke on why blacks in this country should defend the 2nd Amendment more than any other group....

And in particular because the democrats have tried to keep them unarmed since Republicans freed them....

Sheriff Clarke: Gun Control Was Meant to Keep Arms Away from Black People

WASHINGTON — Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. said he was inspired to advocate for the protection of the Second Amendment after reading about the efforts to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves who fought for the right to bear arms.

“The fight by the abolitionists, post-slavery, for blacks to be able to be armed — do you know that gun control, early gun control, was really about keeping guns out of the hands of black people? We as black people have been so separated from our history it’s astounding to me. We should be some of the most ardent supporters of the Second Amendment because our history was not being able to possess arms to be able to defend ourselves from mobs, kidnappings and lynchings,” he said during a Heritage Foundation event, “The Right to Arms and the War on Guns.”

“The 13th Amendment freed the blacks on paper but it wasn’t until the 14th amendment that made the rest of this Constitution including the Second Amendment apply to black people, and we truly became free because we could defend ourselves. It’s the first law of nature — self-defense. We all want to live,” he added.

Clarke read a passage from Stephen P. Holbrook’s book, That Every Man Be Armed, about the “black tradition of arms,” which included a series of partial quotes from Frederick Douglas about the right to bear arms.

Yes, they should be and would be if they did not trust their community leaders so much, the same leaders that the racist Democratic leadership put into place back in the 1960s.

I'm a card carrying member of NAAGA.
Then you seem to betray the organization you voluntarily joined by voting for gun grabbers....makes sense....
You seem to betray the fact you lack any intelligence. No one I have ever voted for is a gun grabber.

Do you vote democrat? If so, then they are gun grabbers...

Of course. I just voted for Obama twice and going to hold my nose and vote for Hilary. No they arent gun grabbers.

Then you seem to betray the organization you voluntarily joined by voting for gun grabbers....makes sense....
You seem to betray the fact you lack any intelligence. No one I have ever voted for is a gun grabber.

Of course. I just voted for Obama twice and going to hold my nose and vote for Hilary. No they arent gun grabbers.

The stupid is strong with this one....

Yeah. I know. Defcon isnt too bright.

How about Clinton in this election cycle? So, you just started to eat your foot....
Yes. Voting for Clinton.
Are you going to cancel your volunteer membership with NAAGA? It would be the honest thing to do showing upstanding character.

Yeah. I know. Defcon isnt too bright.
Stay on topic......

How about Clinton in this election cycle? So, you just started to eat your foot....
Yes. Voting for Clinton.
Are you going to cancel your volunteer membership with NAAGA? It would be the honest thing to do showing upstanding character.
Why would I do that? I like my weapons for home defense.

Yes. Voting for Clinton.
Why would I do that? I like my weapons for home defense.
I was talking about your NAAGA membership and you are spinning it to home defense. The honest thing would be to cancel that membership.

Forum List

Back